Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Chester the bunny 11-21-2014 11:53 AM

It's HEEERRRE!!
It's in a pretty green box, with a gentle warning not to open until Dec 7th.
It jingles, it's heavy and doesn't smell like anything.
Thank you my Canadian Santa!

ArizonaKAT 11-21-2014 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 6978136)
This is my first go round with the whole Secret Santa on this board and didn't realize I was supposed to wrap every little thing in the entire package!!! Uh oh!!! Did I screw up??? Hope not. I did write - in red & green on the back of the package - 'from your Secret Santa' so hopefully she won't open it til Xmas. We'll see. . . . .

Jane

Wrapping not required. I didn't wrap. Would have never fit everything in the box.

Neesie 11-21-2014 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by dharen7 (Post 6978257)
how many of us haven't received our boxes I don't mind the wait makes it easier on me not to stare at it, I mailed mine way to early, shes had to stare at it for a long time.

If you haven't yet received your SS box, let Terri know so she can check the tracking records. All gifts were supposed to be mailed by the 14th and if you haven't yet received yours, it may have been misdirected, somehow. :eek:

buddy'smom 11-21-2014 12:07 PM

Oh I just made vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies and thet turned out so yummy, I just love oatmeal/raisin cookies.

ArizonaKAT 11-21-2014 12:10 PM

I have a cheese cake recipe to die for. About the only thing I make anymore. Have NEVER given out the recipe to anyone. . . but I'm thinking about it.

buddy'smom 11-21-2014 12:33 PM

My hubby loves cheese cake.

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6978292)
I have a cheese cake recipe to die for. About the only thing I make anymore. Have NEVER given out the recipe to anyone. . . but I'm thinking about it.

Anoka Quilter 11-21-2014 12:47 PM

I love cheesecake :wave:

sewbizgirl 11-21-2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6978281)
If you haven't yet received your SS box, let Terri know so she can check the tracking records. All gifts were supposed to be mailed by the 14th and if you haven't yet received yours, it may have been misdirected, somehow. :eek:

Don't forget some people are mailing internationally, so those packages may take a lot longer. even having been mailed early.

ArizonaKAT 11-21-2014 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 6978330)
I love cheesecake :wave:

OK, cheese cake recipe to be announced (I'm at work and all I remember is 3 cream cheese and 2 sour cream. The rest is a blur).

huntannette 11-21-2014 01:57 PM

Here is another family favorite....an old favorite....It is a recipe for a carrot cake but I make mine into muffins....I just cook it less than asked for...maybe 20 mins....I watch them in the end and do the toothpick test. I also add other things at time....cranberries , strawberries chopped up or rasberries...whatever I have...I omit the nuts because my granddaughter is allergic...but it is delicious with.....I also add more icing sugar to the icing....I find it is just a bit too cream cheesy.....maybe another cup....makes a lot...
Ingredients
2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
2 cups (500 mL) grated carrots
1 cup (250 mL) drained crushed canned pineapple
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans

Icing:
1 8 oz (250g) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar

Grease and flour 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan; set aside.

In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In separate bowl, beat together granulated and brown sugars, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth; pour over flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in carrots, pineapple and pecans. Spread in prepared pan.

Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack. (Make-ahead: Cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or wrap with heavy duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks; let thaw before continuing.)

Icing: In bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Beat in icing sugar, one-third at a time, until smooth. Spread over top of cake. (Make-ahead: Cover loosely and refrigerate for up to I day.)