Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 11-25-2014 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rennie (Post 6984333)
Nessie, since a few of us still have not received our SS package, fess up -- were you finally successful in using your magic powers to get them diverted to your house? Or have you hidden them in the Hole? Now, now - give them up and send them on their way ..... think about all of us sitting out on the bench watching longingly as the mailman passes us by...

Ummmmmm . . . I'm so sorry (that I got caught)!!! I was just looking for socks. :o

Wait a minute! On second thought, it wasn't necessarily me!!! I don't want to mention any names but I'm not the only one, who was looking for socks! :p Rennie, what did the missing package look like? Did it rattle or jingle?

Seriously though, if you were exchanging with international members, delivery does take considerably longer. If not, it might be a good idea to let Terri know it hasn't yet arrived. Packages do get lost in transit, from time to time. I hope that's not the case. :(

bezzie2013 11-25-2014 07:04 PM

belfray did you shake that box, does it smell good, come on ladies someone open your box and tell us its the 7th we are leaving at 5 am to indiana to have a memorial service for mil and thanksgiving which i have not been home for thanksgiving in over 25 years i am excited but really nervious about the weather

juneayerza 11-25-2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6984019)
June, I think it would be a wonderful thing to do. However, it could be become a bit of a 'monster' if you aren't careful! Many years ago, I was on a church cookbook committee. Gathering the recipes was supposed to be simple. Everyone was supposed to proof-read his/her entry. :D :D :D Yeah, sure! :D :D :D Everyone was supposed to submit his/her recipe, by a certain date. :D :D :D Needless to say, it did get done and it was wonderful. :thumbup: We did end up with several almost-identical entries but everyone enjoyed contributing . . . and we shared some really fantastic recipes. BUT it was a LOT of work and that was with a relatively small church group. We did it as a sort of fund-raiser and the cookbooks were professionally assembled.

I know what you mean it being a bit of a chore; been there, done that. However, unless people chime in there isn't any reason to move forward. Might be something to re-visit after the holidays.

djmat 11-25-2014 07:34 PM

Okay, one funny to celebrate Turkey Day & prep for the holidays....
We were mighty poor as college students, living on campus in married student housing (boxes, really) built before WWII. The only benefit was that it was only a block to school & work. Plus, it had a small receiving closet in the 4x4 foyer. We had gathered small 5 & dime gifts throughout the year as finances permitted & stored them in that closet to wrap up for Christmas.

We didn't know our oldest girl would clearly remember things when she was 3 but when she started school & holiday classroom pageants approached she got into fisticuffs with a boy who called the bearded gentleman, Santa Claus. She demanded to call him
santacloset
and she still does to this very day!
happy holidays to you all!
hugs
djmat

PeginCO 11-25-2014 09:27 PM

I loooooooove all your stories and joking!! What a lift to my day to "catch up!"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

AnngelAnne 11-26-2014 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6983641)
Yes... i am still collecting and putting them all into order - thought i'd print them onto pretty paper then scan....make a real "book" of them.....The 2014 Secret Santa Recipe Collection.

I thought some of you might like this recipe --- it can either be a side dish, or can be put into a pie shell and baked.

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs - fork beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Cook then drain and mash sweet potatoes. While hot mix in all ingredients except eggs. Add a little of the hot mixture to the beaten eggs to "warm" them...then stir into potato mixture.

If making pie ... cool the sweet potato mixture at this point.
If making side dish - spoon mixture into 9 x 9 greased baking dish

Topping
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup lite brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt butter - pour over dry ingredients and stir with fork.

Crumble pecan mixture over potato mixture -- bake at 350 until golden brown and bubbly

For Pie ... i partially bake my pie shell at 400 for about 15 minutes -- then add the filling and bake about another 30 minutes.

Thank you PenniF, I knew it was someone that said that, but I had gotten way past the point where I read it. Took me forever to catch up, hate to think how long it would have taken me to find it.

Patchesnposies 11-26-2014 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6984505)
Okay, one funny to celebrate Turkey Day & prep for the holidays....
We were mighty poor as college students, living on campus in married student housing (boxes, really) built before WWII. The only benefit was that it was only a block to school & work. Plus, it had a small receiving closet in the 4x4 foyer. We had gathered small 5 & dime gifts throughout the year as finances permitted & stored them in that closet to wrap up for Christmas.

We didn't know our oldest girl would clearly remember things when she was 3 but when she started school & holiday classroom pageants approached she got into fisticuffs with a boy who called the bearded gentleman, Santa Claus. She demanded to call him
santacloset
and she still does to this very day!
happy holidays to you all!
hugs
djmat

I loved this story. I read it to the family and we agreed St Closet is very apropos! They all know not to rummage through my closet this time of year. Thanks for sharing it! Precious.

ArizonaKAT 11-26-2014 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rennie (Post 6984333)
Nessie, since a few of us still have not received our SS package, fess up -- were you finally successful in using your magic powers to get them diverted to your house? Or have you hidden them in the Hole? Now, now - give them up and send them on their way ..... think about all of us sitting out on the bench watching longingly as the mailman passes us by...

Oh, boy. That must be what we're sitting on down here in the hole . . . the lost SS boxes.

ArizonaKAT 11-26-2014 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6984160)
That would be 8 oz...

Thanks, sewbiz.

Correction to the cheese cake recipe . . . 2 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese.

OK, now we need to know what a "regular" tub of sour cream is.

ArizonaKAT 11-26-2014 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6984345)
Ummmmmm . . . I'm so sorry (that I got caught)!!! I was just looking for socks. :o

Wait a minute! On second thought, it wasn't necessarily me!!! I don't want to mention any names but I'm not the only one, who was looking for socks! :p Rennie, what did the missing package look like? Did it rattle or jingle?

Seriously though, if you were exchanging with international members, delivery does take considerably longer. If not, it might be a good idea to let Terri know it hasn't yet arrived. Packages do get lost in transit, from time to time. I hope that's not the case. :(

The socks are in the box sitting on my bedroom dresser . . . very high up to avoid the Mac Attack (the puppy).