Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Chester the bunny 11-30-2014 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6989807)
No, no. I don't want charity. :( Besides, I'm allergic to wool. :( :( I'll just wrap my cold toes in left-over quilt batting. :( :( :( People will start calling me 'Mummy Feet' and throw pennies at me. :( :( :( :( It'd be so much nicer, if they'd throw pennies TO me . . . . :( :( :( :( :( :(

Just come to Canada Neesie, we'll throw nickels at ... I mean TO you as we ditched the penny a while back. You should make enough for socks in 5 times the amount of time (not counting the exchange in the dollar)

juneayerza 11-30-2014 05:46 PM

Poor Neesie. that is if we were to believe her. She uses a magic spell; when the post office scans the packages for bombs but see socks, Nessie's magic spell removes the socks and gently lays them in Neesie's sock drawer. That's what's happening to all of the socks that were sent. And how do I know this? Her little dog told me all about her diabolical plan.

PenniF 11-30-2014 05:56 PM

Last call for recipes ladies...i am finalizing the pages now...so if you've been trying to decide what to post, now's the time please.

I've been looking for one with socks as an ingredient - but so far have only found "stone soup"....no socks in that one.

Chester the bunny 11-30-2014 06:10 PM

Oh but PenniF, yes there is a "Sock Soup" on epicurious
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/me...-SOUP-50085575

As you can see someone mentioned that no one had reviewed the recipe

Neesie 11-30-2014 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny (Post 6989872)
Just come to Canada Neesie, we'll throw nickels at ... I mean TO you as we ditched the penny a while back. You should make enough for socks in 5 times the amount of time (not counting the exchange in the dollar)

I'm on my way! "Sock it to me!" Anyone remember that ridiculous phrase? :p

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6989903)
Poor Neesie. that is if we were to believe her. She uses a magic spell; when the post office scans the packages for bombs but see socks, Nessie's magic spell removes the socks and gently lays them in Neesie's sock drawer. That's what's happening to all of the socks that were sent. And how do I know this? Her little dog told me all about her diabolical plan.

June, you actually believed my conniving, little furbrat of a dog? :D She'll say anything, if there's a treat involved! :D

::::::::: Making mental note, to not tell Phoebe ANYTHING, again! :::::::::

Neesie 11-30-2014 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6989912)
Last call for recipes ladies...i am finalizing the pages now...so if you've been trying to decide what to post, now's the time please.

I've been looking for one with socks as an ingredient - but so far have only found "stone soup"....no socks in that one.

How many recipes do we have? :)

ljs317 11-30-2014 06:38 PM

Dear lord you poo poo my beloved Lima beans but you will eat sock soup????
What's up with that I ask?

Well here I sit with my SS gift box on my lap. I hug it and talk to it and try to make it open itself up. So far no luck .

Dreamer can we have a Christmas song now? Maybe a beautiful photo, you know just to distract us for a few minutes?

madamekelly 11-30-2014 07:07 PM

Nessie and Kat- My sincerest apologies. Miss Kitty was in the drawer below with the socks all round her...:o

{I will be over here in the dark corner of the whole. Would any of you be kind enough to pass the bread and water?}

PenniF 11-30-2014 08:07 PM

I haven't counted up yet but i think we have about 30-35 recipes so far.

Checked the sock recipe.......feeling a little dizzy just thinking about it.

SheriR 11-30-2014 08:41 PM

Well..... I found my SS box in the mountain of boxes. I put it someplace safe. Then Princess, my baby girl who is a senior at University of Texas@Tyler rearranged my office/sewing room and now my SS box is MIA AGAIN..... Grrrrrrr