Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Judylee2 11-15-2014 03:18 PM

Tap, Tap, Tap.....waiting..waiting.... I think I scared my mailman when I popped out of my bow screaming, "Is it here,YET!!!!!!"

reeskylr 11-15-2014 03:24 PM

Ok, Santa, I received my package today and it has no smell, the dogs sniffed it all over! It does have a JINGLE though! :hug:
:sew: Is it a new embroidery machine? LOL

Cindy60545 11-15-2014 04:17 PM

sniff, sniff, my mail lady must not like me.....no package yet. It'll probably come Monday while I'm at guild!

Neesie 11-15-2014 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6969856)
Neesie, nothing wrong with your caddy. I just happened to come acrros this, they are usually so expensive that I never got one before.

June, I have to admit it does look a lot nicer than mine! :D

ArizonaKAT 11-15-2014 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6968913)
MORE proof that I need those socks!!! :D

You can come hang out with me. I'll loan you a pair of socks. I'm getting some for Christmas.

ArizonaKAT 11-15-2014 05:28 PM

Well, I got A package today. No Secret Santa on the box though. Tried to

That's just not right.

KathyM 11-15-2014 05:35 PM

Today I received a 'heavy' box from Santa's Workshop - North Pole. Can't wait to open it.
KathyM

PenniF 11-15-2014 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6970103)
sniff, sniff, my mail lady must not like me.....no package yet. It'll probably come Monday while I'm at guild!

It's ok Cindy...just come sit here in the hole next to me --- i'll bring some extra blankets and we can share something nice to drink.....that should make the wait a little easier.......i have to sit between Neesie and KAT tho' - i don't want anything to get out of control with the whole SOCKS thing !!!

m-fay....that biscotti looks REALLY good......i can't wait to try the recipe !!

sewbizgirl 11-15-2014 06:08 PM

Why don't we all KNIT some socks while we are waiting for our opening day? Hand knit socks are the best there is!

mmac71 11-15-2014 06:11 PM

O.K. recipe time!
Chocolate Surprise Cookies
1 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 C firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/4 C All purpose flour
3/4 C cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 C chopped pecans, divided
1 tbsp sugar
1 (9-ounce) package chewy caramels in milk chocolate

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating well. Combine flour, cocoa and soda; add to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in vanilla and 1/2 C chopped pecans. Cover dough and refrigerate 1 hour.

Combine remaining 1/2 C pecans and 1 tbsp. sugar; set aside.

Gently press 1 tbsp cookie dough around each candy, forming a ball. Dip 1 side of cookie in pecan mixture. Place, pecan side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cookies look soft.....let cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen

(from the Forest Gump-My Favorite Chocolate Recipes)