Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Alaska carol 11-16-2014 05:58 AM

When is opening date?

sunrise450 11-16-2014 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6970275)
Why don't we all KNIT some socks while we are waiting for our opening day? Hand knit socks are the best there is!

Learning to knit socks is on my to do list for this winter. I have the yarn, several patterns and how to books. Now to find the time.

Cindy60545 11-16-2014 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Alaska carol (Post 6970740)
When is opening date?

Dec. 7th. Time to be determined.

Dedemac 11-16-2014 07:54 AM

Sunrise, Craftsy has a couple of nice classes on socks. I got the toe up one, and found it very helpful.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498994[/ATTACH]

Neesie... are these for you or me???? :p

Sent stuff this week and by Wednesday all my swapees should have their boxes. Our snow yesterday made the outdoors look nice and clean again. Very pretty but way to cold for this time of year, don't want to think about what February will be like.

Dedemac 11-16-2014 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's see if the picture will load, wasn't there on the first post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]498995[/ATTACH]

ShelleyCS 11-16-2014 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6970909)
Let's see if the picture will load, wasn't there on the first post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]498995[/ATTACH]

I can't knit at all, but these are adorable!

Neesie 11-16-2014 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6970902)
Sunrise, Craftsy has a couple of nice classes on socks. I got the toe up one, and found it very helpful.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498994[/ATTACH]

Neesie... are these for you or me???? :p

Sent stuff this week and by Wednesday all my swapees should have their boxes. Our snow yesterday made the outdoors look nice and clean again. Very pretty but way to cold for this time of year, don't want to think about what February will be like.

I've no idea! :D I only crochet socks . . . and the pattern I usually use takes regular worsted weight, so the socks are much thicker (very warm and cozy).

marilyn43 11-16-2014 08:27 AM

Do any of you start thinking about next year and what to make or pick up. I'm ready to start watching sales and looking for items to make. That's pretty bad when we haven't even celebrated our s.s. of this year. I have to share with you that I suffer from depression, I have all my life. Of course when I was young and growing up there was no information on depression and it was that you work yourself out of it and some of that is true. A few years ago I had a traumatic happening in my family and it really took hold of me. I was sent for an evaluation and found out that my neurons don't connect. It's like with a zipper there is a couple of teeth missing and the zipper won't zip up. I was put on medication and counseling which helped greatly. I quit all the crafts I was doing and taking part in, nothing interested me. If I didn't have to go to work I didn't leave the house. after I broke my pelvis this last year and had a severe reaction to morphine I almost died. This left me hollow, it messed with whole nervous system ect. One afternoon I got on the computer which I had not done in months and started looking at quilt groups and came across this one. I just want to say you ladies have made a difference in my life since I've joined. You've all been so kind and a couple I've made friends with that I keep in touch with. The Scrappy Quilt and S.S. has blessed me so much. It's gotten me back into doing what I love to do (crafts ) and not thinking about everything negative. so I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping me get out of my slump, it feels so good. God Bless All.

mollymunchkin 11-16-2014 08:37 AM

My SS received her box. Marilyn43, I have already started thinking about next year. This was my first time to play SS and I worry that I didn't send enough stuff. I agree with you about this board. I have been participating in the boomerang swaps for several years and I enjoy the banter and friendship offered here. This quilting community is fantastic.

Neesie 11-16-2014 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by marilyn43 (Post 6970978)
Do any of you start thinking about next year and what to make or pick up. I'm ready to start watching sales and looking for items to make. That's pretty bad when we haven't even celebrated our s.s. of this year. I have to share with you that I suffer from depression, I have all my life. Of course when I was young and growing up there was no information on depression and it was that you work yourself out of it and some of that is true. A few years ago I had a traumatic happening in my family and it really took hold of me. I was sent for an evaluation and found out that my neurons don't connect. It's like with a zipper there is a couple of teeth missing and the zipper won't zip up. I was put on medication and counseling which helped greatly. I quit all the crafts I was doing and taking part in, nothing interested me. If I didn't have to go to work I didn't leave the house. after I broke my pelvis this last year and had a severe reaction to morphine I almost died. This left me hollow, it messed with whole nervous system ect. One afternoon I got on the computer which I had not done in months and started looking at quilt groups and came across this one. I just want to say you ladies have made a difference in my life since I've joined. You've all been so kind and a couple I've made friends with that I keep in touch with. The Scrappy Quilt and S.S. has blessed me so much. It's gotten me back into doing what I love to do (crafts ) and not thinking about everything negative. so I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping me get out of my slump, it feels so good. God Bless All.

{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}} I'm so glad you've found a happy place, on the QB! Friends make all the difference, in the world! :)

I'm also glad I'm not the only one, already thinking about next year's swap! I had wanted to make more hand-made things for my SS this year, but got into a bit of a creative slump. After the holidays, I want to start making things ahead of time and setting them aside, for when they're needed.