Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

PenniF 11-26-2014 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies (Post 6985140)
Kat, You are, what is known at our house as, an INSTIGATOR! lol

or as my Gram always called us.... " a PROVIERCATOR" (her way of pronouncing provocateur)

madamekelly 11-26-2014 11:18 AM

I woke up to a strange noise this morning and went to investigate. I found DH's cat, Miss Kitty, was shut up in the closet again last night. She was gleefully sharpening her claws on my SS box. Too bad I did not wake up later, she might have got it open! Dang it! It is now on a shelf. DH will not chance my getting any more help from Miss Kitty, who likes to dodge into the closet under our feet and has spent many a night "trapped" by her sense of adventure. Miss Kitty is the "house brat" she is either dodging into cupboards or closets, sneaking up on my dog while he is sleeping, and thumping him on the head and running pell Mel to get under the tables he can't get under, climbing into areas of my home that cats can't reach, (forgot to tell her), and just in general being a joy to live with. She keeps us laughing.

Neesie 11-26-2014 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies (Post 6985112)
Quilt Addict and Neesie you two are cracking me up! My SS box had a slightly crunched corner when it arrived and I swear I didn't do anything to it.....(honest!).....but there peeking out of that slightly smooshed corner was a little pink polka dotted bit of fabric with some stitching on it. I told my DH that my box was sticking it's tongue out, taunting me!

I could really sneak a telescopic micro-lens in there..........but I am being a good girl!

It's taunting you! :D

Neesie 11-26-2014 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6985128)
open it!

:shock: Don't listen to her!!! If you open it early, you totally lose your 'Goody-Goody' status! :eek:

Goody-Goody,
Neesie :thumbup:

Patchesnposies 11-26-2014 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6985200)
I woke up to a strange noise this morning and went to investigate. I found DH's cat, Miss Kitty, was shut up in the closet again last night. She was gleefully sharpening her claws on my SS box. Too bad I did not wake up later, she might have got it open! Dang it! It is now on a shelf. DH will not chance my getting any more help from Miss Kitty, who likes to dodge into the closet under our feet and has spent many a night "trapped" by her sense of adventure. Miss Kitty is the "house brat" she is either dodging into cupboards or closets, sneaking up on my dog while he is sleeping, and thumping him on the head and running pell Mel to get under the tables he can't get under, climbing into areas of my home that cats can't reach, (forgot to tell her), and just in general being a joy to live with. She keeps us laughing.

Why do cats do that sneaky, thumpy thing? I have a cat who LOVES to sneak up on our dog while he is snoozing and then "Rat-a-tat-tat" machine gun the top of his head with his paw and run off (laughing, I swear it!).

It cracks me up every time. The dog, not so much. lol

Rennie 11-26-2014 12:25 PM

Happy Dance, Happy Dance - my Secret Santa box came today - all the way from Oklahoma ! Boy, am I excited ! Thank you, Secret Santa :thumbup: :) I have shaken it (some - well quite a lot, really) and it does make some thumping noise ( BUT NOT LIKELY SOCKS, NEESIE) -- I AM going to be good (I hope) until Dec. 7th. I know most of us will be busy cooking tomorrow - so if I don't see you on the board - HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL !!!

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6985075)
DAGGUMMIT! I grabbed the wrong box! :(

PenniF 11-26-2014 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6985200)

Oh Yeah....NICE....madamekelly.......blame the poor little kitty why dontcha ?????? I have 3 cats... and they are NEVER on the wrong side of the door !!! :p Couple of weeks ago, the oldest one spent the entire day closed up in my sock drawer !!

skaduzy 11-26-2014 01:23 PM

My package came today, too, and also from Oklahoma! Rennie, We must have twin santas... Only mine is from Elf L and my package jingles. My Sassy cat is afraid of bells and hid when I shook it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow quilters and your families.

SulaBug 11-26-2014 01:51 PM

I can hardly stand looking at my Secret Santa box today!! :D It just keeps calling my name over & over!! I know that it wants me to open it now & not tell you girls, but I am practicing saying NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO until I am out of breath!! :D Does anyone know how I can stop this torment!!
:D :D :D :D

mollymunchkin 11-26-2014 01:57 PM

So, if my house guest "accidentally" opens my box, is that a bad thing?