Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

ArizonaKAT 10-08-2014 08:17 AM

Second Hint:

I have pit bulls. It's going to be hard for my SS to keep her package safe from her furry friends.

ArizonaKAT

Lstew2212 10-08-2014 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 6919815)
I also forgot to include. I would love to receive regional items, mugs, tshirts etc. I think that is really cool.

I wear a large T shirt.

dreamer2009 10-08-2014 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=PenniF;6919522]

Originally Posted by ljs317 (Post 6919458)
Pennif,
No no no to what the Lima beans or the fact that I hate yellow. No one ever believe either of those things.

I really do love me some Lima beans, and I do really hate the color yellow.

LIMA BEANS.....that's the only thing i can say i really don't like....and "dreamer" threatened to pack my box full of them if she were my SS !!! and they are so GOOD for you !! yummy, yummy they fill your tummy.
Get your point about yellow tho.... I read somewhere once that if you lock a person in an all yellow room, they'll go crazy. Wish i could claim that was my excuse!! :p

.................................................. ......................................

PenniF 10-08-2014 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=dreamer2009;6920174]

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6919522)

.................................................. ......................................

I would not eat them in the hole
I would not touch them with a pole
I would not eat them boiled or fried
In my kitchen or outside
To make me -
nothing could be meaner
I DO NOT LIKE THEM my dear "dreamer"

dreamer2009 10-08-2014 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=PenniF;6920223]

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6920174)
I would not eat them in the hole
I would not touch them with a pole
I would not eat them boiled or fried
In my kitchen or outside
To make me -
nothing could be meaner
I DO NOT LIKE THEM my dear "dreamer"

neener...neener...neener.......................... ....................

SheriR 10-08-2014 10:38 AM

That's funny lol

Patchesnposies 10-08-2014 10:46 AM

Just wondering about something. I have read the rules, participated in the questionnaire, and read this thread avidly. I believe it is okay to send fabric, books, and notions we have in our stash already as long as they are not "garbage" with a bow on top. lol

Would it be appropriate to send what are commonly called "orphan blocks"? Especially if they are not the main gift but just an after thought?

I have been blessed with the name of a newbie who I think could use lots of different stuff to hone her skills, but I don't want to be tacky.

Feedback, please.

Quercus Rubra 10-08-2014 11:36 AM

Wow! I never thought of adding things that are regional or "tour-isty". Some years back I did do a gift basket for an White Elephant with items from Reading. PA and the surrounding areas. It was well received. I had the "normal" geegaws in it like coffe mugs, keychains, postcards etc. But I also included some of the Wawa & Sheetzs one pot Coffees, Utz's chips & pretzels, 5th Ave. candy bars, an Amish Hex sign, maps, interesting places to visit that I had mapquested & printed out for them, gave directions to some of my personal favorite restuarants, a couple of books about the area.... etc.

The couple who won it was from out of state and just thought is was the neatest thing they have seen. When they came back to the area, they had their intinary all set up because of it. They now do the same thing all the time. For family who come to visit, even out of town wedding guest one year. They have some a basic basket and then they can personlize for the person or group coming in. They were so happy with the concept they keep one or two of the baskets made up a head of time. I so touched when I had gotten a handwritten "Thank You" note from them.

So thank you to the person that started that line of thought for reminding me of this. If it was for me... I not just like but Love all those tour-isty things and would LOVE receive a T-shirt (sizes XL to 3X short or long sleeve), some postcards, flat pennies, or even a small stuffed critter from your area. They can even be cute or fun.

Now I have to think of what is around here. Barryton is just a little village but I do state Big Rapids and Mt.Pleasant about 30 to 40 minutes from me. They each have some cool things and places as they are both collage towns.

Tricia

Knitette 10-08-2014 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies (Post 6920273)
Just wondering about something. I have read the rules, participated in the questionnaire, and read this thread avidly. I believe it is okay to send fabric, books, and notions we have in our stash already as long as they are not "garbage" with a bow on top. lol

Would it be appropriate to send what are commonly called "orphan blocks"? Especially if they are not the main gift but just an after thought?

I have been blessed with the name of a newbie who I think could use lots of different stuff to hone her skills, but I don't want to be tacky.

Feedback, please.

In the Secret Pal swap we have a question specifically about orphan blocks - do you want them or not (I don't as I could start my own orphanage, lol), so I don't think it's tacky. As to whether or not she'd like them - can't say.

Perfectly fine to send stash items. Some include them as part of the $20 if say, they bought them new and haven't used them. Others treat these as extra to the $20. :)

Patchesnposies 10-08-2014 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6920348)
In the Secret Pal swap we have a question specifically about orphan blocks - do you want them or not (I don't as I could start my own orphanage, lol), so I don't think it's tacky. As to whether or not she'd like them - can't say.

Perfectly fine to send stash items. Some include them as part of the $20 if say, they bought them new and haven't used them. Others treat these as extra to the $20. :)

Thanks, Knitette! If this wasn't a newbie I don't think I'd have considered it either. But it just seems a great way to gain experience with borders, sandwiching/quilting, binding and such, with ready made blocks. If she doesn't care for the fabrics, she could make things to give away.

I am going to have to think on this. lol These are all brand new from a block swap I participated in but never got around to using in a project. I'd love to see someone "cut their quilting teeth" on them.