Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 10-13-2014 09:28 AM

Ooops! Will answer these, just in case.

Do you:......
1) like buttons? I prefer to buy choose them when needed.
2) like zippers? I have tons left over, from 'way back when'
3) like wonder clips? No. I prefer Elmer's School Glue
4) drink coffee, and/or hot heat? iced tea? soft drinks? Hot tea and sometimes coffee
5) like Christmas themed items? Yes to anything hand-made!
6) like embroidery bookmarks? Yep
7) have any grand kids? Huh?
8) put up a Christmas Tree? We put up a very small, artificial tree. When we downsized, we downsized the tree also.
9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments? Only if very small (see above)
10) would you like a travel cup/mug? I love mugs of all types
11) how do you organize your fabric? Does sewing it into a quilt count as organizing?

Dedemac 10-13-2014 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6927254)
I'm thinking and of course there is only about a ton of machines it could be. Can we guess twice? I have been stalking through your old posts and still havent found a clue of what it may be. Must think some more. steam is now rolling. Well back to customers quilt.

Michelle, Good to see you again! Loved the ornaments you sent last year and will be looking for the post for the swap also. I told Terri, earlier about how many posts I was going to have to read to find what machine she had, and see said we have to guess :( she has not posted it any place. Haven't asked if I can guess more than once. There is Ham and old fashion macaroni casserole on the food table. Has any one seen the Cabana boys? I would like a Mimosa.

Dedemac 10-13-2014 10:05 AM

Don't think you have me but just to help who ever is my Santa.

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6924503)
I haven't seen my person post here in the SS chatter. But they have
posted within the last week.

Now here are a couple of questions to my person in the HOPES they
will see the question and answer.

1) like buttons? Yes but have to many. You can make something out of them yes.
2) like zippers? Only use them where pattern calls so not really.
3) like wonder clips? (best invention ever I think) Have not used them yet but want to!
4) drink coffee, and/or hot heat? iced tea? soft drinks? No to soft drinks (unless mixed with something) Yes to everything else.
5) like Christmas themed items? (not just fabric but other items also) Yes
6) like embroidery bookmarks? Yes
7) have any grand kids? (my first is due in April) None that are really mine but have borrowed a set love them. 1 & 4 years
8) put up a Christmas Tree? Yes, its a artificial can't do pine.
9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments? Love them!!!!
10) would you like a travel cup/mug? Use a travel mug every day, drink lots of coffee and tea. Don't have a Keurig, would be standing in front if it half the day :D we do 2 to 3 pots a day, 1/2 caf is a must.
11) how do you organize your fabric?
Not much in the way of a stash so it's in bags and plastic boxes. I tend to sort by main color.

mdall 10-13-2014 10:15 AM

Dedemac, nice to see you along with everyone else again. My house has been a circus for the past 9 months or so. I thought this summer was a killer and I would get some R&R when school started. Nope even more things to do. I have become the typical soccer/volunteer junkie mom that most of the other women hate. I am tired but feeling great at the same time. I have got to spend so much more time with my kids in their element and its been insightful as well as fun. I have one graduating this year who was elected Senior class President, one who is a junior and started VoTech this year. The 12 year old moved to the Junior High and is playing football there, then still have the 10 and 8 year old at the Elementary. Along with that I have started helping a friend with her business once or twice a week, volunteer at the school as much as possible, still helping all the kids with 4H, doing fundraisers, going to the games, and now hosting some swaps. Oh Oh Oh, I have turned into June Cleaver, help. LOL Anyway, having tons of fun along with some frustration with it, but it is so worth it to see the smiles on their faces. anything for my kids.

Now onto the good stuff, must go get that post up for the orns. See ya later ladies and could someone bring some pizza to the hole please. LOL

juneayerza 10-13-2014 10:48 AM

Those buttons are really cute! Poor Neesie, don't let that extra stitch unravel you.

mdall 10-13-2014 11:04 AM

Cyndi60545, Dedemac, and any others interested the post for the ornaments is up now.

PenniF 10-13-2014 11:36 AM

Ahhhhh so now the question is - can Machel be bribed??????

madamekelly 10-13-2014 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6926939)
CoodyIN, thanks for the info. Thought that was the problem but also thought maybe someone else took it over and I just didnt see it.

For those of you that participated in the past years Good news. I have asked Admin if I could host one this year and once I get everything written down I will be posting signups, Hopefully by end of tomorrow.

So sad I missed the deadline for the SS here this year. Things have just been crazy here and time flew by before I realized it. All is good though. I can still read all the post and of course jump in the hole when I am feeling a little slanted. LOL

You could also offer to be a "SS angel" in case someone flakes and doesn't send one....

jaba 10-13-2014 01:16 PM

1) like buttons? YES, I have the tin container that was my Grandmother's and all her buttons. Use to play with them for hours as a child
2) like zippers? no
3) like wonder clips? YES, but have quite a few.
4) drink coffee, and/or hot heat? iced tea? soft drinks?coffee black and iced tea
5) like Christmas themed items? absolutely!
6) like embroidery bookmarks? sure
7) have any grand kids? 4 boys, 5 girls and 2 great grand girls
8) put up a Christmas Tree? yes
9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments? sometimes
10) would you like a travel cup/mug? YES
11) how do you organize your fabric? on boards and by color or by the bolt(solids and blenders)

dfelker 10-13-2014 02:41 PM

I am SS to someone who has the letter M in her name. HoHoHo!