Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2011-doll-quilt-swap-optional-theme-t146847.html)

Krystyna 09-07-2011 04:46 AM

DRAT! This being meticulous stuff is getting on my nerves! Now I have to tear out part of the binding. Of course if I knew what the heck I did with my binding clips ... Grrrrr! I feel "normal" slipping away from me.

jillnjo 09-07-2011 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
DRAT! This being meticulous stuff is getting on my nerves! Now I have to tear out part of the binding. Of course if I knew what the heck I did with my binding clips ... Grrrrr! I feel "normal" slipping away from me.

Krstyna you are having a lot of problems! :cry: Don't cry-it will be worth it all!

Krystyna 09-07-2011 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by jillnjo

Originally Posted by Krystyna

Krstyna you are having a lot of problems! :cry: Don't cry-it will be worth it all!

I know. But one last arggghhhhhhhh!

SewExtremeSeams 09-07-2011 06:21 AM

Krystyna, maybe your seam ripper has been lonely and just wants to make up for lost times.

I'm sure what you are creating is going to be gorgeous!

BonniFeltz 09-07-2011 06:23 AM

Let it all out Krystyna. We're here to listen to you. We've all been there before. :) HUGS. Got to admit now I am curious to see what is causing you so much trouble. Can't wait to see your work. It's always great.

Krystyna 09-07-2011 06:30 AM

Bonni and Linda, thanks for the encouragement! I'll tell you what's giving me trouble. Trying to do things correctly!

The binding is not going to have perfect pointy corners but it will be on. I had to look up two tutorials on the board for my second and third attempts. Pathetic!

I will tell you one thing ... my secret pal from the swap a couple of months ago sent me a fancy-pants seam ripper. I thought, what the heck am I going to do with this? Well, it happened to be the one I grabbed and man, what a difference it makes compared to those cheapy ones. Makes seam ripping a pleasure!

My first partner is away, so I might have to break tradition and post photos. Wonder if I can do it secretly on my personal page?

catrancher 09-07-2011 07:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My partner, Abonda, is so quick. She's already finished my doll quilt, and I received it in yesterday's mail! Is this just about the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? The center panel is "ribbon embroidery." Does anyone know if this technique has a name? I've never seen anything like it. So, so pretty. I love the colors she chose, and I'm just thrilled with my quilt. I drew a great partner! Thank you, Abonda!

I'm just getting started on mine, so now I'll need to get busy!

BonniFeltz 09-07-2011 07:06 AM

Nicely done. I did ribbon embroidery (I think it is just called that) for a little bit. Looks great and it is time consuming. :)

jillnjo 09-07-2011 07:07 AM

It is indeed wonderful!! I love it!

Krystyna 09-07-2011 07:11 AM

Wow! That is stunning! Simply beautiful work.

Mine's done, but FOO! She's back so I can't post it.