Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2011-doll-quilt-swap-optional-theme-t146847.html)

Needlegrammy 09-12-2011 06:51 PM

Juanita your DQ is in the mail.

oksewglad 09-12-2011 07:13 PM

Between opening an unexpected package to friendly funny banter, isn't this swap a great pick me up? More great pops showing up!

SewExtremeSeams 09-12-2011 08:31 PM

Connie, who ever made your beautiful doll quilt sure picked out a gorgeous purple to pop it with. I love it.

Originally, I was going to pop mine with hot pink... my fave. But, when I finally started I found another bright that makes it pop in a totally different.

Krystyna, sorry, but you have to wait till it arrives at your home... later... after it gets in the mail...

...after I finish it! LOL :-D

kwiltkrazy 09-12-2011 09:13 PM

Oh my goodness, what wonderful black, white, and splash quilts. I love them!! Such creative quilts, they are all masterpieces.

Krystyna 09-13-2011 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Connie, who ever made your beautiful doll quilt sure picked out a gorgeous purple to pop it with. I love it.

Originally, I was going to pop mine with hot pink... my fave. But, when I finally started I found another bright that makes it pop in a totally different.

Krystyna, sorry, but you have to wait till it arrives at your home... later... after it gets in the mail...

...after I finish it! LOL :-D

I'm patient! Don't you dare "pop" it with the things I sent you.
In case everyone else is wondering what these mystery "things" are ... I am a veil maker by profession. These were trimmings from some wonderful serged veils - long strips of chiffon fabric. One is in a gorgeous blue with bits of sequin and embroidery mixed with sea green. I was originally going to use them to make a whacky apron to enter in the apronology winter issue, but time got away from me. The other is long, long strips of fall rust and brown. I hope my partner makes something fun with them!

moosegirl 09-13-2011 04:58 AM

I have had many requests to explain The doll quilt sent to NYDotty it was made in the Sharpie Marker technique, I have other examples listed on the site -search under sharpie marker art and the technique is explained. It is very easy and lots of fun to do, thank you all for the kudos and I have really enjoyed this site and all the swaps. Moosegirl

Krystyna 09-13-2011 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by moosegirl
I have had many requests to explain The doll quilt sent to NYDotty it was made in the Sharpie Marker technique, I have other examples listed on the site -search under sharpie marker art and the technique is explained. It is very easy and lots of fun to do, thank you all for the kudos and I have really enjoyed this site and all the swaps. Moosegirl

Thanks so much! Going to hunt now.

jillnjo 09-13-2011 05:07 AM

Watching all the quilts popping up and loving them!! I'm still working on mine. My mother fell and broke a rib, so I brought her home with me for a few days to recuperate and that keeps me hopping! Enjoy listening in to all your fun chatter.

AngieS 09-13-2011 05:43 AM

Moosegirl that is some neat stuff! We will have to try that out for sure! :)

Conniequilts 09-13-2011 05:44 AM

Hi

My doll quilt was made by ljdugas31

It is beautiful!