Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for august 2012 amish solids doll quilt swap closes july 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-august-2012-amish-solids-doll-quilt-swap-closes-july-31st-t195348.html)

Judith1005 09-04-2012 05:20 PM

Oh wow CQC, Beautiful. The FMQ is gorgeous.!!

jillnjo 09-04-2012 06:01 PM

Wonderful quilt and such lovely FMQing!! I like the tiny swirly circles in the narrow black border.

Dragonfly Nana 09-04-2012 06:10 PM

QCR - that is a stunner of a DQ - lucky you!
Now for the shoofly pie - just in case you have never had it - AWESOME!
Mine snagged me my hubby (tee hee) - ok, we were already engaged and the pie just made him happy

Dragonfly Nana 09-04-2012 06:13 PM

Nancy - so glad to hear you and yours are safe and sound.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 09-04-2012 06:29 PM

Judith 1005 .... I agree on that free motion quilting debbyg did so good
Jillnjoe..... my favorite is the swirrly things in the black .... just awesome
Dfly Nana ... so ya got your hubby with your SHO FLY PIE ... now I gotta try this recipe for sure .... and no I have never had any ..... now isnt that cool Dfly Nana and SHO FLY PIE .... I just love this swap ... and the friends I'm making here .... how many members girls are on or near the coast of Miss and Lousiana? Hope you are all safe and sound ...
now who teaches how to do that free motion quilting .... like I said 6 classes and straight stitching in stitch in the ditch ..... I want to learn ..... practice is what I have to do........lol........

Crazy Quiltin Robin 09-04-2012 08:28 PM

quilt for Debbyg

1 Attachment(s)
This is the quilt I sent to debbyg .... she got it and can't post a pic of it ...
so here it is .... thus you all see lesson #6 straight lines and stitch in the
ditch ...lol.... I am going to keep trying to get as good as Debby is .... I
think I did pretty good on straight stitching ....lol...... and I must say I went
for simplicty when the flying geese decided to have chemo brain on me ........lol
(usually I have it) they went so wonky ... so now I have to take another class on line
paper piecing for dummys ..... lol....... hope Debby you enjoy your little piece of
plain and straight stitches ....lol........ happy quilting .......CQRobin

Krystyna 09-05-2012 03:34 AM

Nancy, so glad you're OK. Don't you feel loved?

DebbyG what a beauty. The quilting is so fabulous!

Robin, what can I say? Another gorgeous little quilt!

Judith1005 09-05-2012 05:36 AM

Robin, It's beautiful. And please don't say JUST straight line quilting. That can be just as challenging. I love the linear quilting as well. It's perfect.

jillnjo 09-05-2012 05:57 AM

I love it, Robin! Your quilting makes me think of a modern quilt, but the black color is so Amish!! Modern Amish! That is a look that is popular in the modern quilt circles.

BuzzinBumble 09-05-2012 06:19 AM

Nancy - so good to see that you are doing fine and are back with us! :thumbup:

DebbieG - I agree - love the loopy swirls on black! Your FMQ is great - even more so when we realize how tiny it is. And Robin - It's not so easy to do such perfect straight line quilting. I love the peaceful simplicity and the colors of your quilt!