Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

BertieD 07-04-2013 04:43 AM

I figured BuzzinBumble for a replacement before I saw her picture. Love the picture! And the discussion of where honey comes from. Krystyna, have you been in my kitchen while I was sleeping? I have a little bear with honey and I use some every morning in my tea. I love honey on hot buttered biscuits, too. I used to have a little Indian maiden who held honey but she disappeared one day and I haven't seen another one in the stores since. We will all try our best to carry on but I'm a wee sad.

Krystyna 07-04-2013 05:35 AM

Miss Bertie, better watch out or you'll be next! Bwaaaahahaha!!!!

BertieD 07-04-2013 06:04 AM

Not me! I volunteer for things I CAN do. Like make a quilt for someone who didn't get theirs. In this case, it was LisaLisa for Spring has sprung. So I made a lil blue bird and sent it to her and the other day I received a lil birdie from LisaLisa. His unofficial name is Turkock but the label says "Bertie's Birdie". and if you want to see him, I posted a picture on the April 2013 mini doll quilt swap.

BuzzinBumble 07-04-2013 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Still laughing over this kooky conversation over whether bees poop or spit up honey. And i second Linda's "egad!" :shock: Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss.

Thank you for being so nice and not rising up in revolt you all. I still have to pass a couple more details with Krystyna I think before it is 100% certain.
But I will have you all know that I do meet one very important criteria for DQ swap hostess continuity. I have a matching doggy. Behold: Daisy and Pip! (Actually I have four doggies, so the odds were a little tipped in my favor for finding a match.)

Cogito 07-04-2013 06:38 AM

Oh my gosh! The matching doggies are twins! See....it's kismet. :thumbup:

dabbler312 07-04-2013 06:46 AM

Thank you BuzzinBumble for buzzin in an taking over our swap; you as well as others on the thread are always positive in your comments and encourage others. Krystyna - I understand and respect your reasons for retiring as hostess - thank you for doing such a wonderful job. I started DQ's in December 2012 - Lynnie25 was my first swap partner - my something blue will always be special as it was the first time I participated in a swap of this nature. I look forward to future little quilt swaps and our new hostess.

BuzzinBumble 07-04-2013 07:04 AM

Thanks Dabbler & Cogito!

Well I told Krystyna and my hubby this:
I figured out something. Do you know in the movies and TV shows when they show a platoon and a drill sergeant is yelling "I need a volunteer" and the whole platoon takes one step back, except for one poor oblivious dummy? That guy is me... LOL! :shock:

My DH went on to tell me something that his father told him about that happened to him during WWII.
That particular sergeant yelled "Who here can type?" So of course, a dozen guys raised their hands, thinking it would mean easy duty. So then the sergeant shouts "Good! Go grab those shovels - You're just the Type to dig a latrine!" :D

Krystyna 07-04-2013 07:37 AM

So ... here is what I'm doing with my "spare" time. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...o-t225112.html

Many thanks to Nancy in Louisiana who sent me the yummy Benartex pack of fabric months ago ...

Chasezzz 07-04-2013 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I step on down to the beach for a day and look what happens! Krystyna, you've done a fabulous job, and I look forward to your continuing contributions from the peanut gallery. BuzzinBumble, a big THANK YOU for steppin' up. You'll do great! Jaba, even while at the beach I continued work on your July DQ. Here is a teaser...I trimmed many many blocks. Still not sure I'll finish it before the Alaska trip...but trying to![ATTACH=CONFIG]422458[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 07-04-2013 09:05 AM

Wow. Those are going to be tiny blocks! :D