Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-1-5%22-swap-sign-up-closed-t142366.html)

girlscouts1 08-09-2011 07:28 PM

I need your address too...... thanks.

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Sending PM.

Twisted Quilter 08-09-2011 07:37 PM

PM sent.

Havplenty 08-09-2011 07:41 PM

i tried the suggestion of the ice cube trays to sort my stamps and it was a great tip. of course my furbaby wanted to be in the mix and he came and knocked my trays off the table so.... i am placing a piece if saran wrap around them this time as i sort working my way to bagging.

my sets are never going to be identical because i cut up scraps from my sewing projects along with wof strips. i sort all of the wof strips into the trays first & then i place my stray scraps stamps into the trays. each baggie will be unique to its receiver. with each new stamp swap i try to incorporate 20-25 new fabrics from the last swap i sent just in case some of the same swappers are playing the new round.

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
tips... someone said last swap they store their stacks in a ice cube tray.

To keep straight what I have already placed:

I put dots of 2 way glue (like post it note glue) on cardstock & put it up with magnets on my metal kitchen cupboard door. Stick the cut stamps on it. I know how many I have cut, how many left to cut, & what fabric, all at a glance. And that set is my own keeper set.

I put my big cutting mat on my kitchen cart. (small house 925 sq feet)

HummerGardenCrafts 08-09-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Sending PM.

Thank you! Got it.

quiltmouse 08-10-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i tried the suggestion of the ice cube trays to sort my stamps and it was a great tip. of course my furbaby wanted to be in the mix and he came and knocked my trays off the table so.... i am placing a piece if saran wrap around them this time as i sort working my way to bagging.

my sets are never going to be identical because i cut up scraps from my sewing projects along with wof strips. i sort all of the wof strips into the trays first & then i place my stray scraps stamps into the trays. each baggie will be unique to its receiver. with each new stamp swap i try to incorporate 20-25 new fabrics from the last swap i sent just in case some of the same swappers are playing the new round.

I hear that on your furbaby. Last swap was my first. When I asked about sorting methods, someone said I just set them out of the way on a buffet. LOL! obviously no cats. hee!

LOL on no identical sets. I dont have much scraps, so if the piece wasnt big enough for 20 stamps, I saved it for myself.

Twisted Quilter, I will need your address at some point.

Thanks for hosting!

Twisted Quilter 08-10-2011 08:53 AM

Sending PM. :thumbup:

boilerbarb 08-10-2011 09:13 AM

Going on a 3 day quilt retreat in Danville, IL. Seventeen of us, 5 from IL and 12 from IN. My old and new quilt guild friends. Can't wait! I'll mail my stamps when I get back.

Havplenty 08-10-2011 09:55 AM

okay swappers. you will get a treat this swap. i will be clearing my stamp bag (to make room) so there will be additional stamps in your baggies. i hope you can use them.

i have several quilting projects on the horizon so will have an abundance of fabric scraps coming up and need to make space for them.

Twisted Quilter 08-10-2011 10:00 AM

WooHoooooooooo...We love surprises, and scraps! :lol:

Twisted Quilter 08-10-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by boilerbarb
Going on a 3 day quilt retreat in Danville, IL. Seventeen of us, 5 from IL and 12 from IN. My old and new quilt guild friends. Can't wait! I'll mail my stamps when I get back.

Have fun and learn lots of new things. See ya when you get back!