Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer/Fall 2012 Pin Cushion Swap-Sign Up Closes Sept. 15th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-fall-2012-pin-cushion-swap-sign-up-closes-sept-15th-t194774.html)

icon17 09-12-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5506551)
Yes, you got it, I won ribbons. Seven blue ones and four red ones. Will take them for sure and put them on my wall in quilting room and possibly print out photos to go with them for all to see. Still looking for the big ones, but I actually won some at the Spokane County Fair for the first time. I am excited for sure.

Finished my pincushions last night. I did two, not sure if I want to sign up for two though. One has cotton stuffing, yep that stuff they do upholstery with, and one with walnut shells. I have one more set of triangles that I can sew up and make one more for myself if I really get energetic or can put them in the scrap pile and say done with the UFO stuff. Yep, these are from a UFO project started a few years ago. Saw that pattern and cut up but not done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]361975[/ATTACH]

Very Different! Did you come up with the pattern your self?

icon17 09-12-2012 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All!
This is the Pin Cushion for the Swap. Its a 'Basket of Flowers'. I'm try'in to keep Spring a little longer its getting cooler around here and I'm not looking forward to that!:) Hope who ever gets It will Love It!

QuilterMomma 09-12-2012 02:27 PM

Lovely icon.

Those pincushions are a Jinny Beyer freebie I got from her newsletter off her site. I like the star look of them. As someone said, they could be anything with eight legs you want. I wonder if you only put five points on it it would look better, but I am not taking apart to find out. They are done and that is final.

Mariposa 09-12-2012 02:36 PM

Super cute PC, icon!!

mary quilting 09-12-2012 02:48 PM

all the pincushions look great I can't what till I get my partners. A few more days.

Donna H-M 09-12-2012 04:13 PM

Icon, that's a very pretty pin cushion !! Nicely done :)

lynnie 09-12-2012 04:24 PM

Love them all, so ute

icon17 09-13-2012 07:52 AM

Thank you ALL for the nice comments. Know What, I got the Idea for a Pattern of a Handbag made from old felted sweaters. :)

Scrapper 09-13-2012 08:12 AM

it's gorgeous.......do you happen to have a pattern/instructions you could share with us? I know I would love to try my hand at making one :)

Originally Posted by icon17 (Post 5511338)
Thank you ALL for the nice comments. Know What, I got the Idea for a Pattern of a Handbag made from old felted sweaters. :)

fmhall2 09-13-2012 08:16 AM

Icon17. How about you sending me your basket pincushion, and I'll send you one of mine, and we can forget about the swap - we can be our own swap. I really do like your basket and would love to have it on my sewing table. Gorgeous.