Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summertime Block Swap/ Signups open until March 30th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summertime-block-swap-signups-open-until-march-30th-t283833.html)

K-Roll 03-11-2017 11:23 AM

Update from me (remember I had the picnic table block I accidentally cut into) - I will post pics as soon as I have all my blocks finished.

I have 3 sets right now almost done. I say almost because I am hesitating to square them up --- had a big fail with a block I was doing for our quilt guild, which was supposed to end up 8" finished but in my hands went down to 7" *somehow*...this has made me hesitant to finish/square my blocks...I did take the poor diminished block to my quilting teacher for advice on where I went wrong - wasn't measuring from the center out.

Making these sets is an excellent learning exercise for me, & don't want to send in subpar or wonky blocks. I have a patchwork foot on my machine now and it is helping. So far my blocks are to be 12.5". Maybe I should make smaller blocks except I don't think the size is the problem - it's the little old blockmaker, me. I just don't want my blocks to scream "learning exercise" - I want them to stand on their own 4 corners.

OK, interior monologue has ended!:shock:

Deecee 03-11-2017 01:14 PM

K-Roll is doesn't matter how long anyone has been sewing, there is always a learning curve if you want to keep improving or try something different.

Are you using a "square up" ruler eg. they come in 4½, 6½, etc up to 12½ inch square sizes, to do your final trim?

Deecee 03-11-2017 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
O.K. I have set number 5 done. I just need to label and baggie.

Judith I will PM you with my sign up details.

What's summer without a cool drink.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569757[/ATTACH]

Deecee 03-12-2017 12:26 AM

Just checking so I don't get it wrong.

I'm probably being a bit dense, but is each block set in a separate baggie or all of them in the one baggie.

ljdugas31 03-12-2017 07:50 AM

Deecee love your drink block!!Adorable hope one comes my way!!

RedGarnet222 03-12-2017 10:13 AM

I sent all of them in one big baggie, Deecee. I think the object is to have something to separate them from the others until they are all sorted out. On the baggie, you write the amount of blocks and your name, and some people write the name of the swap. On the individual blocks, you attach a return address with your board name hand written to identify or piece of paper with your board name. If there are many people in the swap, there has to be some way to tell who sent what and how many they sent. I used a sheet of paper I printed out from word with all that information on it as my guide when I hosted a swap to sort and swap out the blocks.

Honestly, it is a lot of work and organization on the part of the hostess. This is why I think judith is a dear lady for hosting this for us. Thanks again judith.

Deecee 03-12-2017 12:00 PM

Thanks Red.

I will bag up today but it is a long weekend here so I won't be able to get to the post office until Tuesday.

RedGarnet222 03-13-2017 07:33 AM

Your so very welcome. I hope your weekend goes well.

rbwiese 03-13-2017 04:04 PM

Deecee - love your drink block - very summerish!

Judith1005 03-14-2017 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee (Post 7782530)
Just checking so I don't get it wrong.

I'm probably being a bit dense, but is each block set in a separate baggie or all of them in the one baggie.

You can send all of them in one baggie is fine.