Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summertime Block Swap/ Signups open until March 30th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summertime-block-swap-signups-open-until-march-30th-t283833.html)

K-Roll 03-28-2017 12:29 PM

I'm getting close to posting my finished blocks - will post them all at once, they need a bit more work.

I had a question re the postage - do I purchase the same amount of postage for the return envelope as I do for the sending? Don't laugh. The simplest of rationales often escapes me...

Deecee 03-28-2017 12:38 PM

Suddenly time is going slowly until close of sign up - just because I'm keen to see how many are swapping.

Did everyone do an extra block to keep for themselves? I did and also picked two more I could use for fill-ins if needed.

Sorry I can't help with your postage question K-Roll.

djmat 03-28-2017 03:45 PM

The US Post Office flat rate envelope required on page 1 is now $7.20.
hugs,
dj

Judith1005 03-29-2017 08:55 AM

Hello ladies,

We are getting lots of sign ups still. Looks like it is going to be a big swap.

I have received blocks from:

Judith1005- (20 Blocks)
Ljdugas- (20 Blocks)
Redgarnett222- (20 Blocks)
Armylady 2012- (20 Blocks)
Deecee- (20 Blocks)
Djmat- (20 Blocks)

All the blocks are coming out gorgeous!

RedGarnet222 03-29-2017 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by K-Roll (Post 7793472)
I'm getting close to posting my finished blocks - will post them all at once, they need a bit more work.

I had a question re the postage - do I purchase the same amount of postage for the return envelope as I do for the sending? Don't laugh. The simplest of rationales often escapes me...

Yes you send stamps that are the same amount as the sending envelope K Roll. No question is silly or stupid. That is how you get an answer. The sign up information says to address your envelope and attach the stamps for your return blocks. Put that in with your blocks in the mailing envelope and send to Judith.

I am often confused myself, so don't feel you are alone. When in doubt return to the sign up rules. That tells you everything.

RedGarnet222 03-29-2017 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=Deecee;7793480]Suddenly time is going slowly until close of sign up - just because I'm keen to see how many are swapping.

Did everyone do an extra block to keep for themselves? I did and also picked two more I could use for fill-ins if needed.

I did make two sets extra and sent Judith one set extra for her hosting the swap. It makes it nice to have when you are doing all that work for us, don't you agree?

djmat 03-29-2017 11:00 AM

I made a set to keep to use in the quilt with blocks I receive!
Red Garnet is right, we only use stamps on the return flat rate envelop. The current cost is $7.20 & has tracking.
hugs,
dj

Judith1005 03-31-2017 12:05 PM

The Summertime Block Swap for sign ups closed yesterday.

You only have till the end of April to make sure your blocks are in my hands. Please, do not mail on the last day of April or I will have to send your blocks back unswapped. That is both a waste of time and money for both of us. They must be in my hands by April 30th. I promise, I will get them swapped out and returned back to you as soon as I can.

I will try to give all of you as accurate an accounting of participants as I can by tomorrow afternoon. For now, here is an updated list of whose blocks I've already received. And, I know I have 2 others mailing very soon.

Judith1005- (20 Blocks)
Ljdugas- (20 Blocks)
Redgarnett222- (20 Blocks)
Armylady 2012- (20 Blocks)
Deecee- (20 Blocks)
Djmat- (20 Blocks)
DeltaMS- (16 Blocks)

GracefulAnn 03-31-2017 02:00 PM

I'm mailing Monday. had to wait for the cash!

Judith1005 03-31-2017 06:42 PM

Alrighty ladies, I have received blocks from 7 participants so far.

I have 13 that have pm'd me to join the swap officially.
I have another 9 that are unconfirmed here in the swap thread.

Confirmed or un confirmed, As long as your blocks are in my hands at the time of the deadline, I will swap them out.