Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter 2019 I Spy Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-2019-i-spy-swap-t302547.html)

bkay 01-29-2019 07:56 AM

Cathy, you don't have to have a new set each time. For one thing, swappers change. The people in this swap are not necessarily the same ones as the last swap. Then, there are people who use duplicates. Those can be used for crafts like Lisa (Moonrise) does. There is also an I spy quilt that uses duplicates, which generally is just called a "matching game". The kid has to find the squares that match. Younger kids can use the one with exact duplicate charms. The older kids probably should have a matching game where there are, say, two dog charms or two butterfly charms, but they aren't exact duplicates. Then there are others who make donation quilts, so they can just use that charm on another quilt. Then, there are the swappers who just like to swap I spy charms. Just one more of a certain fabric won't bother them one way or another.

So, please join if you would enjoy it.

bkay

rbwiese 01-29-2019 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 8201682)
Okay, PM sent. :) I've got 16 sets ready to go. I've bought a few box lots of fabric recently, and there were quite a few fabrics inside that I've never seen before. Snow skiers, vintage Valentines, vintage bunny rabbits, trains, frogs, lions and lionesses, little girls with curly pink hair, precious little mice on pink plaid (also vintage, I think), cute babies playing with toys, an owl print that I've never seen before, swans, etc. :)

What a find!

rbwiese 01-29-2019 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8201468)
rbwiese I would like to join. I will pm you my info. Are we suppose tom have all I-spy fabric or is it any fabric of our choice?

Welcome Queenbarbiej - this swap is for all I Spy fabrics. The 8 sets can be cut from a fat quarter or linear quarter of fabric. Here is a place I love that sells as small as a fat quarter - 4my3boyz

rbwiese 01-29-2019 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8201468)
rbwiese I would like to join. I will pm you my info. Are we suppose tom have all I-spy fabric or is it any fabric of our choice?

Welcome Queenbarbiej - this swap is for all I Spy fabrics. The 8 sets can be cut from a fat quarter or linear quarter of fabric. Here is a place I love that sells as small as a fat quarter - 4my3boyz.com

rbwiese 01-29-2019 11:04 AM

Macybaby - bkay listed a lot of good reasons to join us - and one big one is the fun!

rbwiese 01-29-2019 11:04 AM

Our list so far

rbwiese
Have4boys
Bullock2us
Bonniekeller81
Bkay
Moonrise

Stafar 01-29-2019 01:51 PM

I'm in please

mmonohon 01-29-2019 04:00 PM

Sign me up for two sets please

Queenbarbiej 01-30-2019 04:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I was wondering if any of these fabrics be okay for the I spy swap. Please let me know which one(s) will not work. Thanks for any help.

Queenbarbiej 01-30-2019 07:26 AM

Rbwiese thanks for the website suggestion. That site can make you spend, spend, spend. They have fabrics that I haven't seen.