Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter 2019 I Spy Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-2019-i-spy-swap-t302547.html)

redstilettos 01-30-2019 08:11 AM

I'm shopping with my daughter this weekend, and if I "happen" to find more spy-worthy material I'll be in. (hehehe) I'll let everyone know by Sunday.

queenbarbiej: my personal $0.02, which is only worth half of that, is the deer heads would certainly be okay, the quack is iffy, but no to the cammo? Ladies? You're more on top of this than I am. Can we help our friend out?

Now I'm getting a spy itch.....

sewhappyinSF 01-30-2019 12:13 PM

Good to hear from you! Would love to join the swap - count me in for 2 sets!

Regarding fabric choices, my mantra has always been "is the fabric fun/appealing to young children" and will the parent appreciate the quality of the fabric? Hope that helps.

moonrise 01-31-2019 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 8202506)
queenbarbiej: my personal $0.02, which is only worth half of that, is the deer heads would certainly be okay, the quack is iffy, but no to the cammo? Ladies? You're more on top of this than I am. Can we help our friend out?

I would agree. :) I've always considered I Spy squares to be "tangible objects" like turtles, owls, shoes, paint brushes, etc.

Come on and play, Red! >>twists your arm<< :D

Queenbarbiej 01-31-2019 04:15 AM

So far I have 2 sets done. Hopefully by this weekend I will have at least 4 more sets.

rbwiese 01-31-2019 06:38 AM

Now I'm getting a spy itch.....[/QUOTE]

I have had it for a few months! Trying to scratch it...seeing if I can handle it now!

rbwiese 01-31-2019 06:44 AM

Sorry to go MIA yesterday - had an early dental appt on a problem crown, ended up having to pull the tooth. My immune system is so compromised a dental infection continuing was going to be a real problem. So I was on pain pills and went to bed - but am better this morning. And it is too cold for ice packs!

Ladies, keep hunting for I Spy fabs and jump on in!

Queenbarbiej 01-31-2019 09:09 AM

I didn't have much I spy fabric so I ordered some from 4my3boyz.com. It should be here tomorrow hopefully. If I does then I will have all weekend to cut my I spy fabric. Right now I had enough for 2 sets.

redstilettos 01-31-2019 09:54 AM

jeez rb....take care of that! I'm in the middle of the two-part crown process, too. Yuck!

Queenbarbiej 02-01-2019 04:44 AM

I went home last night and looked through all my fabric. I had enough for 5 sets. My new I spy fabric should be here today. Yeah fabric!!!!!!! I know what I will be doing tonight. Cutting more I spy squares.

rbwiese 02-01-2019 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8203619)
I went home last night and looked through all my fabric. I had enough for 5 sets. My new I spy fabric should be here today. Yeah fabric!!!!!!! I know what I will be doing tonight. Cutting more I spy squares.

There are worse ways to spend a Friday night! Fondling fabric is at the top of my fun list!

Updated sign up list of confirmed participants: (And Lisa gets a gold star!)

Rbwiese
Have4boys
Bullock2us
Bonniekeller81
Bkay
Moonrise - Received
Mmonohon
Stafar
Queenbarbiej