Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter 2019 I Spy Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-2019-i-spy-swap-t302547.html)

rbwiese 01-25-2019 03:24 PM

Winter 2019 I Spy Swap

Have missed having an I Spy Swap? Let’s swap again. I have missed communicating with each of you!

Swaps need to be in my hands by February 28, 2019.

Please take your time cutting and be sure you have correct 5" squares. Let’s have all good squares this time.
Cutting Packaging Info
We will be sending 10 different fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 10 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name and state on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "rbwiese TN" for mine...

You may swap in groups of 8 bags. Some have expressed wanting more sets of bags, so I am removing the upper limit – but each one must use a different set of 10 fabrics. You will get 8 - 5" squares in one width of fabric, providing your print does not require fussy cutting. If it does, you may get fewer cuts out your yardage. Please fussy cut if your print requires it. Send the kind of nice squares you hope to receive. Anything less than 8 is not cost-effective for you (shipping). Also – please limit licensed prints and holiday prints to 1 per baggie. Depending on participation, you may receive duplicate bags. I try to do my best to eliminate them, but it may happen.

The Ususal 'Stuff':
1. Send what you would like to receive, quality-wise. Send only 100% cotton quilting fabric. Please do not send thin or loosely woven fabrics. If it has to be starched to be acceptable, it's probably not a good fabric for this swap.

2. Try and find new prints you have not sent before or seen in the swap, if at all possible. We all like new stuff! Please select prints that would be acceptable in a child's quilt. No flowers, lines, stars, geometrics, batiks. We need recognizable objects. If I find unusable fabrics in your baggies, I will return all to you unswapped.

3. Then, pm me (rbwiese) and tell me you want to join and how many bags you intend to swap. I need your real name and address. I will respond to you with my mailing address for you to mail your swaps to me.

4. Put all your swap baggies in one big ziplock with your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment, your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Speaking of "torn open"... those paper flat rate envelopes are the pits. They tear so easily, especially with lumpy contents in them. Do yourself a favor and use something better-- like the Tyvek envelopes or PFRE. You have to order the latter from the post office online, in packages of 10, but they are free. If you do it NOW, you will have your envelopes in time to mail.

5. Postage: I will be using the PFRE. Postage has risen again. It now costs $7.55 for the padded flat rate envelope. I have a supply of the PFRE, but please include a Self Addressed Label.
If you want to use an alternative envelope method, please put the postage on the envelope and enclose the self-addressed envelope to me.

Remember to send in what you would like to receive back.
Let’s have tons of fun, and of course you have to follow all the basic QB swap rules, found here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Edited and reposted.

Bullock2us 01-26-2019 08:33 AM

I am in-so is my Mom!

rbwiese 01-27-2019 12:14 PM

Looking forward to this swap - health has kept me sidelined for a while. Hope things will continue to look up there also.

Have some new fabrics, can't pass a cute one by.....

bkay 01-27-2019 01:13 PM

I'm in Rena. I'll do two sets.

Glad to hear you are better. If you need help with with something, PM me.

bkay

rbwiese 01-27-2019 10:22 PM

We have 4 participants so far - good showing on a weekend! Put the word out - I will PM past participants tomorrow.

moonrise 01-27-2019 11:00 PM

Hi Rena! Nice to see you posting. :) I plan to join. Will have to let you know how many sets when I get a chance. :)

Queenbarbiej 01-28-2019 12:43 PM

rbwiese I would like to join. I will pm you my info. Are we suppose tom have all I-spy fabric or is it any fabric of our choice?

moonrise 01-29-2019 03:10 AM

Okay, PM sent. :) I've got 16 sets ready to go. I've bought a few box lots of fabric recently, and there were quite a few fabrics inside that I've never seen before. Snow skiers, vintage Valentines, vintage bunny rabbits, trains, frogs, lions and lionesses, little girls with curly pink hair, precious little mice on pink plaid (also vintage, I think), cute babies playing with toys, an owl print that I've never seen before, swans, etc. :)

bkay 01-29-2019 07:27 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing them, Lisa.

bkay

Macybaby 01-29-2019 07:36 AM

I enjoyed the last I Spy swap, however I pulled everything suitable from my stash for that, so don't have anything "new" to share.