Quilt for Alu

Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
No I wouldn't. I'd wait for you!
Awh, you are so sweet! Hopefully some day we can meet.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I would love to be one of the friends around THAT quilt frame. What a special day that would be. Who knows, maybe some day. :-)
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Gwyn, how is the big project coming? I too wish I could join you and quilt in your backyard. It is fun to work on a quilt together like that. You would want me on the side no one wants to turn very often. I'm picky and neat at handquilting but SLOW.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 PM

Hi Gwyn, how the quilt for Alu was coming. I remembered it when she updated her posts. Once again, thank you so much for doing it for her. You are a sweetheart.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 AM

Would love to see the finished quilt also. Great thing you are doing, Gwyn, for Alu...I am sure she will appreciate it.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 AM

I'll be sure a post pictures. I have a wonderful long arm quilter who has volunteered to quilt this project for me. I wasn't able to get the top finished before visiting my mother, but it is first on the list for next week, when I get home. I'm hoping to send it out by October 1st and be able to send to Alu for Halloween. So far, the top is awesome. It just needs 2 boarders and the backing. I've taken far too long, but for some reason I just seem to run in low gear since April.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 AM

Here is a picture of the quilt as it is now. I still need to incorporate 50 more blocks and a solid border. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104552.jpe  
Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 AM

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is totally awesome! It even looks like a big hug from all of us!!!!! Halloween seems about the right time to give it to her, by then, she will be neck deep in classes and exams...and will really need the group hug the quilt will provide. You have done a totally fantastic job! Thank you so much for doing this for our Alu.

Oh, and about running in low gear since April...to be expected, be kind to yourself. You still get more done than I do, even on a good day...hmmmm could it be that I spend too much time on this board? I mean I am on vacation for 3 days and here I am visiting when I could be cleaning, ah...quilting, yes! K, will go now, but once again thanks so much for sharing the progress with us.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 AM

GWYN...the quilt is beautiful!!! You are doing a great job...sounds like the backing will have a lot of blocks also...Thanks for doing such a kind thing for Alu.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

wonderful quilt you did a great job thanks for sharing