Quilt for Alu

Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM

I asked Gwyn if she'd like the blocks sewn together but I'm afraid I might mess up any sort of pattern she might have had in mind. I don't know if she is going to randomly disperse the signatures or center them all.

I've been including inspirational quotations about educational philosophy, learning, motivation, etc. I didn't want to just send my name written 20 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 AM

I have ten blocks ready but Im going to get some more ready after I get back next week maybe get them mailed by Wednesday. The nine patches sound good.What do you think Gwen?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:47 AM

I mailed my blocks today. And guess what? I forgot to sign any of them, so Gwyn you may write whatever your heart desires on them. LOL> I hope you sign one for me that says "Debbie Umphress, BLuff Dale, Texas" That way she knows I was thinking of her. I just bought some of her potholders. How sweet. Happy quilting
Old 07-01-2010, 03:54 PM

Gwyn, you can count on at least another 14 from me. I've already finished those. Guess who was not cleaning house for the company coming this weekend. I'm sure I'll get better. These go a lot faster if you don't write on them. :-)
Old 07-01-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I mailed my blocks today. And guess what? I forgot to sign any of them, so Gwyn you may write whatever your heart desires on them. LOL> I hope you sign one for me that says "Debbie Umphress, BLuff Dale, Texas" That way she knows I was thinking of her. I just bought some of her potholders. How sweet. Happy quilting
No problem. I'll make sure to sign one for you. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Lab fairy: That is wonderful. Thank you so much. Gwyn
Old 07-01-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
I asked Gwyn if she'd like the blocks sewn together but I'm afraid I might mess up any sort of pattern she might have had in mind. I don't know if she is going to randomly disperse the signatures or center them all.

I've been including inspirational quotations about educational philosophy, learning, motivation, etc. I didn't want to just send my name written 20 times.
If you don't sew them together, at least pin them so I put them in the same row. Thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM

Gwyn, you don't have to worry about keeping my blocks in any specific arrangement. I managed to make them one-block-one-quote to keep things easier for you. I'll be able to knock a few more out before I get around to mailing these because I have already cut the fabric. :thumbup:
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Wow, thank you so much for all your help. I have received lots of blocks in the last few days. I"ll put the names up tomorrow. I know you want to know when things arrive. Later,
Old 07-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Count me in