Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011

Old 03-12-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by gramabiese
We decided on the sizes we would like according to the size of our table. Living on a farm I get alot of papers on the table and didn't want something so large that I had to remove it constantly to keep it clean, this fits nicely in the center of the table and dishes etc. fit neatly away from it. Love it.

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by gramabiese
the one I received is 15''X29'', perfect for on my table.
Thanks for telling me the size. For me, not having a lot of experience with quilting, deciding on sizes is one of the harder things to do. In swaps, for instance, what is a "good" size, etc. This helps me out since I want to do a table runner but never knew how long they are suppose to be etc.

Happy quilting everybody.
Nicely done!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 PM

I am more than a little happy to announce I have NanaKathy55's table runner done. I hit a quilting slump right after the swap was assigned and wasn't sure I was going to get it.

Thank you so much to Bonni for talking me through the slump and helping to pick the pattern for this swap.

I'm also happy to say I finally got a binding to turn out perfect :) Now just waiting for the mailing address. I believe Kathy said she had company coming in so I expect to get it next week.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
I am more than a little happy to announce I have NanaKathy55's table runner done. I hit a quilting slump right after the swap was assigned and wasn't sure I was going to get it.

Thank you so much to Bonni for talking me through the slump and helping to pick the pattern for this swap.

I'm also happy to say I finally got a binding to turn out perfect :) Now just waiting for the mailing address. I believe Kathy said she had company coming in so I expect to get it next week.
Glad that you finished it. I saw a pix of it and it looked great. I am still working on mine. I did something stupid. I tried to do some quilting and it messed up my eye more. Now I am having to force myself not to do anything for the rest of the evening except put in steroid drops. You'd think that I'd learn by now wouldn't you?

I did make progress and have it planned out. The top is around 75% done but it is clear that I will have to do this all by hand since the eye doesn't like the bright lights of the sewing machine, etc.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts

Connie-

Glad you were able to get through. Can't wait to see it.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:15 PM

To Rehrensberger:

Hi partner. I'm still working on your project when I can focus enough. I think you will like it.

I have been taking some pictures and showing them to Dream56 so that she knows I'm working on it but more improtantly so that it will be a surprise for you. I know you said you liked surprises. :) This way I can keep on the timeline and still give you a surprise.

Funny thing about sewing....you have to thread needls in order for things to stick together better....go figure! LOL.

Hope everybody is doing great and staying healthy.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 PM

To Rehrensberger:

Hi partner. I'm still working on your project when I can focus enough. I think you will like it.

I have been taking some pictures and showing them to Dream56 so that she knows I'm working on it but more improtantly so that it will be a surprise for you. I know you said you liked surprises. :) This way I can keep on the timeline and still give you a surprise.

Funny thing about sewing....you have to thread needls in order for things to stick together better....go figure! LOL.

Hope everybody is doing great and staying healthy.
Rose Anne,

Saw the pictures and it really is coming along beautifully. It won't be long until she gets it done, provided her eye holds up long enough to get it finished.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 AM

Hi Rose Ann:

Managed to work a little bit on your wall hanging today. :) I know that you say to take care and that you understand but I still want to get it done. :) It is about 3/4s done now so things are progressing along.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Had a good day today. I was able to work on your project today Rose Ann. Here's a hint! This is the last hint before you get it. I should be able to mail it out next week (God and eye sight willing).

It was an interesting project. I used a variety of techniques on it. Needle turn applique, fusible applique, and downright luck.

:)

Bonni
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171053.jpe  
Old 03-17-2011, 04:48 PM

Had a good day today. I was able to work on your project today Rose Ann. Here's a hint! This is the last hint before you get it. I should be able to mail it out next week (God and eye sight willing).

It was an interesting project. I used a variety of techniques on it. Needle turn applique, fusible applique, and downright luck.

Bonni
Maybe you showed too much. i saw the whole thing and it is coming along very nicely.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by dream56

Bonni
Maybe you showed too much. i saw the whole thing and it is coming along very nicely.
Gday Dream56, don't want you missing out, so heres a sneek peak of what i am doing for you. :thumbup:

miniature foundation piecing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172176[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172171.jpe