Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011

Old 03-24-2011, 12:52 AM

Anybody who won't be mailing projects by Saturday - please PM me and let me know what is going on. Deadline for Feb projects is Friday, March 25th. Most projects have been sucessfully swapped already. Thanks for the great job.

Remember to PM me when projects are mailed and received. Thank you.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Don't bet on it being that long.Last things I sent only took 4 days to get to USA. Others can take weeks. I'll never understand USPS, or Ausralia Post.
What is the best way to mail? Last time I mailed to Australia it took 3 weeks and that was Priority.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by dream56
Well I am just about done. Will get it finished tomorrow for sure. Penny hope you like it. I made a miniature paper pieced design wallet. I'll let Penny post the picture - but it may be a while since she is in Australia.
Gday Dee, you can post the pic, that would be gr8, I am still working on yours, hope to get it finished on the w/end, had to go back to work, holidays were so good. Just have to work another 2 weeks then i will be on holidays again for another 2 weeks, i have it all worked out, and then it will be easter, so when i go back to work they will be short weeks. lol. My son's wedding is on the 9th april, looking forward to that. i promise i will get your project finished this weekend though. :) :thumbup:
Old 03-24-2011, 02:01 AM

Don't bet on it being that long.Last things I sent only took 4 days to get to USA. Others can take weeks. I'll never understand USPS, or Ausralia Post.
What is the best way to mail? Last time I mailed to Australia it took 3 weeks and that was Priority.
I'm still trying to work that out. I sent registerd and it took 4 weeks to get there, I send just airmail, and it takes anywhere from 4 to 20 days. Now I send it and hope. :thumbup:
Old 03-24-2011, 05:51 AM

I'm still trying to work that out. I sent registerd and it took 4 weeks to get there, I send just airmail, and it takes anywhere from 4 to 20 days. Now I send it and hope. :thumbup:
You're not the only one who is trying to work things out with the post office. WE never know how long it will take also. Oh well, that's the secret and surprise part I guess in these swaps. LOL. Can't wait to see all the pix. RoseAnne's was mailed out and she should be getting her teal surprise (my name for it) any day now.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Well I am just about done. Will get it finished tomorrow for sure. Penny hope you like it. I made a miniature paper pieced design wallet. I'll let Penny post the picture - but it may be a while since she is in Australia.
Gday Dee, you can post the pic, that would be gr8, I am still working on yours, hope to get it finished on the w/end, had to go back to work, holidays were so good. Just have to work another 2 weeks then i will be on holidays again for another 2 weeks, i have it all worked out, and then it will be easter, so when i go back to work they will be short weeks. lol. My son's wedding is on the 9th april, looking forward to that. i promise i will get your project finished this weekend though. :) :thumbup:
Thanks Penny - I will get it mailed Friday. Take your time - I understand if you aren't done I knew the wedding is coming up and that's an even bigger deadline to meet. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:20 PM

Sigh. Don't you just hate waiting for the post office to deliver your stuff? Rose Anne....your package should be arriving any time now. It was mailed earlier this week.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 AM

Dream56 -- your bag is done and I really need to send it to you quick before I decide to keep it. Tried a new pattern, and it really turned out well, if I do say so myself. I'm trying to get all my obligations taken care of before the middle of April since I know things will go crazy before the wedding at the end of April. Bridezilla is still alive at this moment, and that's saying a lot.

OOPS! THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED UNDER MARCH QUILTING IN THE NEW YEAR. SORRY. ONLY HAD FIRST CUP OF COFFEE SO FAR.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Sigh. Don't you just hate waiting for the post office to deliver your stuff? Rose Anne....your package should be arriving any time now. It was mailed earlier this week.
YAY! Post office delivered and Rose Anne said she liked it. She'll post a picture in a day or two but today she is busy. Whew! That's a big relief. :) BonBon does happy dance now.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Glad she liked it Bonni.

Nancy - I am not done with yours, but I understand with the wedding coming up. I sent you a PM.