Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 02-25-2015, 11:50 AM

Got all 15 of my black cut today. now to get them packaged and ready to mail.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:33 PM

Oh that is why I love these groups - we can whine and wine and say what we really feel, laugh, and be lifted up! I just keep wondering what exactly is normal??

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I have been under the weather for a week, went on a retreat feeling terrible but everyone said come any way. BUT I need to whine a bit, I am very tired of this and want to get back to normal ASAP. Thanks for letting me complain
Old 02-26-2015, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I have been under the weather for a week, went on a retreat feeling terrible but everyone said come any way. BUT I need to whine a bit, I am very tired of this and want to get back to normal ASAP. Thanks for letting me complain
I hope you are feeling better. It's so terrible when you have the time to sew and feel under the weather. Sending you get well hugs. I hope it helps you feel better.

I'm washing my fabric today, hopefully will mail out fabric package tomorrow. If not it could be early Monday or Tuesday, pending real weather forecast. Yes, we are one of the lucky ones this year who so far has only gotten 12.5" of snow. I can not complain about winter weather this year, it has been extremely mild compared to other years. For that I am grateful. My heart goes out to others in the northeast, north, and northwest with tons of snow. In the mean time happy sewing and quilting!!!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:36 AM

Hello one and all. I was at a Ricky Tims workshop. Have you ever heard of him. He sure does different kinds of quilts. More over on the artsy side over traditional quilts. It was interesting but a little disappointing as it really wasn't a workshop. He talked and showed slides all day and explained how his process works. It would have been fun if we actually sewed and made something.
Ok
I have a definite 14 people counting Mamahauser as a twofer.
Nelco
Jarenie
Moonwork
Celandine
LJdugas
Travelinggramma
Terriamn
The Mama Hauser
The Mama Hauser
TPr9258
Happylab
JOKID03
Sunbonnetsuequilts
urgodschild2

I am waiting on Hikeaddict and Craftyone has not sent me any vitals
Do not mail out your fabric until at least March 1

I am laughing that I put Feb. 1st to the 3rd. I must think I can travel back in time. It will be March madness for all of us. Moonwork has been awesome to post the chart here. I love it.
If these two sign up then we would have 16 people. If LJdugas wants to do a double then there would be 17 counting ourselves. That would give us 16 F8 to send and you would get 16 blocks finished in return. I will be more present on the board.......like everyday now. We have two days left for sign ups. Send me your information if you want to join. Please. I love all of you.

Barb
Old 02-26-2015, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
Got all 15 of my black cut today. now to get them packaged and ready to mail.
Nelco, you may need 16 so hold on before you mail.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:39 AM

Happylab I will do an extra block too.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:45 AM

Yah HOO. Hikeaddict has joined. I have her information. I don't have Kassaundra nor Craftyone.????????? You all know you want to join. It is down to the wire....send me your information. JUst PM me. I will be sending my address and email addy out on Saturday.

Barb
Old 02-26-2015, 07:48 AM

Hello all!! I've officially joined up! I'll get a block picked out ASAP and post it! So delighted to be able to join such a fun group!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:22 AM

Ok! I want to be quick about picking a pattern since I am so close to the sign-up deadline. Here is my block- it's one pin on the cache and I think it should be pretty simple to make..I hope

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SawToothStarBlock.html

And I was trying to decide on a color palette- I don't have down the lingo for all the eras of fabric yet, so I have a photo for you all. I understand if I post the link to it and not save it and claim it as my own by directly posting it I am not violating rules- yes? yes. I think so. Anyway- if you can use this photo for inspiration I will send the background fabric. It's basically shades of muted-ish blue, brown, red, pink, orange, green with dainty little prints (or solids). Here's my inspiration photo. Please feel free to use 2 different colors as shown in the photo or the same color for the pinwheel and the outer points. I'm up for a hodge podge!

http://www.craftsy.com/blog/wp-conte...BlockQuilt.jpg
Old 02-26-2015, 09:27 AM

Hikeaddict Very Nice.