Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 02-28-2015, 10:03 AM

Well I am off for lunch in Beverly Hills with my daughter. We are going to meet my niece's cousins. It's a blustery day today. Rain????? don't look it...sun shining.

Hikeaddict....I think my cat would also have a very disgusted look on her face too. LOL

Craftyone - will look for you PM.

Barb

Tonight I will post the actual count of people and send a PM of my address. Let the fun begin. I still haven't cut my fabric. tomorrow will have to be the day.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:20 AM

Ladies I win the award for changing my mind the most. I found some differnt fabric and going to change to an easier block that is only one star. It's between two blocks and I will be sending all the fabric. Still trying to make up my mind but the front runner right now is Mrs. Tafts Choice
Old 02-28-2015, 10:58 AM

I wanted to include a printed copy of my pattern for everybody in the bag with the fabric. I guess I thought that quilterscache was public domain stuff..apparently the instructions are copyright though. Without starting a big debate about copyright law (my Dad is an oil and gas attorney- I've had enough legal talk to last me a full lifetime and then a few more)...can I print these pages and send them to folks...or not? If not maybe I'll just draw some diagrams myself and copy them.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:08 AM

Hikeaddict ( hum dum hum dum ) I didn't read it... I didn't read it! I know my package will have full instructions with color pictures and special requests printed on it.

If you post the link to your pattern directly we can print it ourselves.

How's that for a non answer?

However, I hypothetically let each of you virtually come to my house and print off your own copies which you promptly left on my table so I am sending it to you with the F8. Dang your forgetfulness or it was too much virtual wine you indulged in?
Old 02-28-2015, 04:15 PM

Alas...my decision making is a bit off this week. So the part of the block I was asking ya'll to make with the fabric I send cannot be cut from a F8. And of course I had cut my F8s by the time I tested and realized this. So- everyone will be getting an additional strip of fabric from which to cut the additional squares. Sound ok to all?
Old 02-28-2015, 04:26 PM

LOL Hikeaddict. It is ok and What can I say about printing up copies for everyone. Now you really did not hear me say that.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:52 PM

I concur - while packing my fabric a pattern fell in each bag. I believe that copyrights on quiltercache has to do with making money with their patterns. They are all about sharing as long as we annotate their name and their name of the block used.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
I have wanted to do a two-color quilt using all those blocks for a few years now. I think maybe that will be my goal to start once we're in the new house. Out of curiosity, do you ladies think that would be a fun "along" to do?
yes, I think it would be fun to do a quilt a long. Maybe a block a week. I would follow along. Please let me know if you do this.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:30 PM

Yes I am sending the printed pattern from quilter's cache.I think it is fine.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:04 PM

I am full of questions today. I didn't even think about it until I was reading a post on the main forum about starch. Does anyone in the group use lavender scented starch? I guess my point is- if so can you maybe steer clear of it when working with my block? Sorry all. I have a horribly violent allergy to lavendar oil. It's quite bizarre really. Sorry I'm a pain.