Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 AM

oooh a sample block i love that idea. then i will have my 12th block done
Old 01-20-2014, 11:52 AM

I thought we were supposed to put our fabric for everyone in baggies, then our fearless leader would collect all the baggies intended to come to us and she would put them in one envelope to us. So, do I put my pattern info and fabric in an envelope instead of a baggie? Either works... lol I just want to conform to the standard, I guess!

Groovy Pieces, oh my gosh, lucky you! I hope we get a report about what you did there!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM

Givio, you are right, I'm using the old rules where we put them in envelopes, I just figured we kept that part the same. Now I know. Thank-you for pointing that out to me. Happy sewing,
happylab,
Old 01-20-2014, 01:19 PM

Okay let me see if I got this straight. We have 12 people in swap including me,. So I would cut 11 pieces that measure 11 x 22". Then I would put each piece cut in individual baggies with my real name, board name, and my address in each baggie, also include instructions as to what color fabric I would like them to use on the block I chose. Than I would put all 11 baggies in a big envelope and send to you with a list of names each baggy is to be sent to. Once you receive everyone's envelopes you will send each one everyone's fabric to work on.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:38 AM

Yep you have almost all the rules except one important one. You need to tell us what pattern you choose from quilter's cache or send the pattern to everyone. Yep they will come to me but because I am in Australia until Feb. 2, I don't want anyone to mail earlier because my son is collecting my mail and I fear where your envelopes will end up. (shhh He is not as organized as me) I love being here in Australia but I miss my sewing machine. Maybe someday when my Daughter and hubby buy a home with a grandma apartment, I will buy a machine to stay here. To bring one with me would be a waste as the electrical system is different and using one of the adaptors will burn out your machine.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 AM

I just thought of something. My list with all our names and emails is at home in California and I can't give you my address to send your envelope to until I return on Feb 2. UGGGGGGGG!!!! I was hoping to send it out the week before so that you could start sending them. I will PM all of you. LOL. There is always a solution if we think hard enough and wait for the brain cells to kick in.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 AM

ok I sent everyone (I hope) my home address via a PM. If you did not get one let me know. If you mail them out on the 1st, I will get them that first week in February. I will sort them and send them right back. Then if we all agree on 2 or 3 months, I will post the return dates. I am so looking forward to see the material and the patterns we all pick out and visualizing what the finish product will look like. Givio.....you can send your's earlier seeing that the travel time is longer for you.

Barb
Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457818[/ATTACH]
sample block! it has some issues, it was too late at night, but i had fun, my favorite block pattern ever!
Attached Thumbnails dsc04243.jpg  
Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
ok I sent everyone (I hope) my home address via a PM. If you did not get one let me know. If you mail them out on the 1st, I will get them that first week in February. I will sort them and send them right back. Then if we all agree on 2 or 3 months, I will post the return dates. I am so looking forward to see the material and the patterns we all pick out and visualizing what the finish product will look like. Givio.....you can send your's earlier seeing that the travel time is longer for you.

Barb
Barb, I just PM you. I did not realize I was one of the 12 persons. I am thrilled if I made it in. I just wanted to confirm that I an not number 13 which will change the count. Let me know so I can get started on my F8's.

Thanks! Bee
Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 PM

...I don't know what the count is either ?? but if Bee Beatty is thrilled to be in (don't like to disappoint someone who's thrilled...), it's ok with me if there is an extra! I can always find a use for an extra block, like making a pillow to match the quilt top! :-) Just a thought...