Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 02-20-2014, 12:56 AM

Last one for today, then I'll stop being such a picture-posting chatterbox. At least until tomorrow! LOL!

Here's GroovyPieces' do-over block that I made with the scraps of the first (flubbed up) block. I tried to go along with the same style/theme ... cream and green background with a black diamond. I actually kinda like how it turned out. Hope you do, too! The diamond and center are appliqued on, with the edges turned under.

I'll send both blocks back, just in case you can use them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463445[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails block-groovypieces-redo.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 02-20-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:12 AM

wow! i feel kind of behind already, but i start a full time job in a week and I have a quilt that i am working on for my brand new niece Lorelei (1st niece/nephew, she has 3 quilts already and she isnt a week old yet) and I told myself that has to be done before I start, or it will get put off for ever. We did it at her shower, everyone made a tractor and i am sewing them down and putting it together. so i will get to these blocks soon, promise All of your blocks are beautiful!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=moonrise;6585325]Last one for today, then I'll stop being such a picture-posting chatterbox. At least until tomorrow! LOL!

Here's GroovyPieces' do-over block that I made with the scraps of the first (flubbed up) block. I tried to go along with the same style/theme ... cream and green background with a black diamond. I actually kinda like how it turned out. Hope you do, too! The diamond and center are appliqued on, with the edges turned under.

I'll send both blocks back, just in case you can use them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463445[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

Afternoon All. . . .Moonrise. . . .My Friend . . . What a treat! ! ! ! Thank You so much. You've put in a lot of time & effort which is truly appreciated. . . .GP
Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 AM

Moonrise :-) Are you going to leave any blocks to do in March?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:18 AM

Groovy pieces I've tried at least 6 different times to do this square with no luck. I have your pieces already cut out for this block and am practicing on my own material till I get it right. Today I went to quilter's cache and printed out their templates for this block. When I did the block it only came out to 11'. I am truly stumped with this one. When I do it with my own material and no templates. I got the square right once, but it doesn't lay flat it was almost like a bowl holder lol. Don't know what to do will go some time later this week or next to LQS to see if I can get some help and suggestions on making your block for you.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:54 PM

Another one done it is yours paperpieceme. Hope you like it.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post

And BeeBeatty's block that I finished this morning:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463408[/ATTACH]
I had a question in my head about this - I got the same fabric and the note says add colors in the fabric... except the block calls for 3 colors and the fabric only has 2. Is it safe to go with green? Does it need to be a specific one? Not trying to cause waves but that stuck out to me as a "ask first" block.

On a side note, I just finished printing out the other patterns (and hole punching to put them in the binder of blocks!) and I even picked out the sweetest star pattern for Buslady. Now if I can just get to sewing... we're prepping for deployment and everything has been pushed aside until he leaves.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:48 PM

You are right Mama Hauser - I realized that after I mailed everything. The red and white fabric only has 2 colors. Use red, white, olive green, peach, caramel burgundy, I love color! Thanks for asking.

Bee

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
I had a question in my head about this - I got the same fabric and the note says add colors in the fabric... except the block calls for 3 colors and the fabric only has 2. Is it safe to go with green? Does it need to be a specific one? Not trying to cause waves but that stuck out to me as a "ask first" block.

On a side note, I just finished printing out the other patterns (and hole punching to put them in the binder of blocks!) and I even picked out the sweetest star pattern for Buslady. Now if I can just get to sewing... we're prepping for deployment and everything has been pushed aside until he leaves.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by pbadder View Post
Groovy pieces I've tried at least 6 different times to do this square with no luck. I have your pieces already cut out for this block and am practicing on my own material till I get it right. Today I went to quilter's cache and printed out their templates for this block. When I did the block it only came out to 11'. I am truly stumped with this one. When I do it with my own material and no templates. I got the square right once, but it doesn't lay flat it was almost like a bowl holder lol. Don't know what to do will go some time later this week or next to LQS to see if I can get some help and suggestions on making your block for you.
Salutations All. . . .

PBADDER & anyone else who has attempted my block. . . Thank You for the time & effort you have put into my block. I really do appreciate you trying to get it to lay down & act right Quilting Sisters. . . IT'S NOT THAT CRUCIAL, especially to make trips to the LQS for help on that block. As stated before. . . . I chose the block because of its name and I liked the way it looked.

If this block/technique is not your gig . . .
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do a block that makes you feel good.

NO STRESS MY SISTERS - STRESS FREE ZONE - THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN NOT FRUSTRATING

Stay home, work from stashes & do a block that makes you smile
. . . GP
Old 02-20-2014, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Moonrise :-) Are you going to leave any blocks to do in March?
LOL! I have a craft fair coming up near the end of March, so I'm hoping to get my swap blocks done by the end of February. It's a baby-themed fair, and so far I've just got one baby quilt completely finished. Eeek!