Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme View Post
i have two from LJDugas, and one is that blue. which i matched up with Nelco. so excited I have all the blocks printed out and i am ready to roll
Mine is the multi butterfly print.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Mine is the multi butterfly print.

When I crossed-checked everything with Barb's spreadsheet, all was clear. If you use the spreadsheet as your guide....all is accurate there!
Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 PM

Checking in to see what's up! Wow, we have some progress already! You're quick.
Pictures are always fun. :-) Where's the picture of the finished flower basket block? :-))))
Old 02-19-2014, 02:56 PM

Well here is a picture of the first block I completed this one is BusLady's I did the Diamond Star hope it is okay
Old 02-19-2014, 02:59 PM

Working on Groovypieces block need to figure out triangular never done one like this pieces are all cut out except for triangular pieces. Will do a sample block with some of my material to see how it works. than will finish her's
Old 02-19-2014, 04:22 PM

Don't worry. I believe that one was for groovypiceses and so she probably got yours. I did make sure that everyone got one of each person's material. Some of you labeled who they were to go to and some did not and then some just put their board name on the baggie. Seems confusing but I sorted it out. Don't worry if you look on the spread sheet you will see who that one belongs too.

Barb

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Received my package today. Yay! I'll try to start on them tonight or tomorrow night. Looks like fun!

I have one question. I was going through the F8s and noticed that I have two F8s that say they're from GroovyPieces (see photo). However, I think the navy blue marble-y one (Aunt Eliza's Star) actually belongs to Nelco, according to the chart. Can someone verify? I don't have an F8 that specifically says it's from Nelco, so I'm thinking it may have been mis-labeled. Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463175[/ATTACH]
Old 02-19-2014, 04:32 PM

Well I took a break from checking in here and have been working on the 50 fabulous Paperpiece group. I am playing catch up because I was on vacation when they started and it is the first time I have ever done this. My goodness, I had to concentrate so hard just to do the first block, Alabama. It took two days to do. I had to rip it out many times and also start over. But I continued and I finished it and it looks nice. I then did Alaska and figured out how to do it correctly and it is not hard to do at all. I just made it harder. LOL. Good learning curve. I am now happy that I can continue on those and I can now start on our blocks. here. I am hoping that the chart with he pictures is very helpful to all of you. Some of you have already started.....hoo ray. I look at your materials and I look at your patterns and I am trying to envision what they will look like put together. I am hoping that when you all get your squares back you can at least place them together and take a picture and share with all of us. If you are like me, it may not get put together for a while but it would be nice to see a picture of it pretending to be together.

Barb
Old 02-19-2014, 04:41 PM

MOONRISE . . . my friend. . . .the block looks fine; don't worry about the points - NO QUILT POLICE IN THIS SEWING ROOM ! ! ! ! I chose the block because of it's name & b/c I liked the sight of it, & honestly didn't scrutinize the instructions; it was ranked 2 dots on quilter's cache, so I thought it was kinda' easy.

TO EVERYONE: I've read the directions & if you don't like set-in seams or feel that you really don't want to be bothered - use some stitch witchery or steam-a-seam, or whatever makes you feel good to get that seam to lay down & act right. In fact, if I read it correctly, those pesky seams can be folded under and use some steam-a-seam to glue'm down & top stitch. AND, if this block is really not your gig, any block you chose will work fine. As I stated in my packet, half of you have the main fabric and the other has the companion piece. . . so, if you choose not to make the Friday the 13th block, choose a block that feels good to you. This quilt is gonna be snazzy because of all your talents.
Thanks for the reassurance! In the meantime, I'll see if I can come up with another block using the scraps.

Here's Givio's flower basket block:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463381[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails block-givio.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 04:43 PM

And here's a pinwheel for TheMamaHauser.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463382[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails block-themamahauser.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 05:32 PM

Moonrise- I'm not in this swap, but those blocks are gorgeous! Love that basket fabric.