Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Dusty, This is charming. I have a frog pond so I really admire this. I also get swarms of lady bugs which i also like. You just made my day twice!

If this isn't cutting it for you try something else. Is there something you have always wanted to try but haven't yet, like paper piecing, curves, colors you never use, applique by hand or machine, How about a coloring book page or a panel quilt. There is lots of things to try. It doesn't have to be big, or perfect or what you think any of us might want.
Do something you like in your favorite color.

Above all, know it will be appreciated, what ever you do.
peace
Girl, that's the thing, I just got a new sewing/embroidery machine. I just can't seem to decide on something for this swap.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:58 AM

Angel quilt delivered!
Attached Thumbnails swap-004.jpg   swap-006.jpg  
Old 08-28-2013, 06:14 AM

wow love that angel quilt! Not sure if its the owl itself/design that is cool or is it the grand quilting that is cool? maybe equally both! its lovely. That could hang in my house anytime!!! and the quilt with the little birds quilted on it! how do you guys do that stuff???? I struggle to get stars quilted on something. I am a stitch in the ditch just trying to learn how to stitch oh 1/4 inch outside the ditch and it is a work in the making let me say. You all are so wonderful! and Dustysmomma my little grand niece has a nickname of Junebug (her name is juniper) and I think little buggies and there your quilt has little buggies on it! how cute!! I cringe from using buggie fabric but it sometimes is adorable as yours is. Imagine the quilting you could do on that piece with that fancy embroidery stuff you have! (ah that means using it right?? scared??) I would be horrified all those threads to keep track of!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

I don't think I could ever do machine embroidery. I am so scatter brained and ME is so precise and accurate. I do love to see all the great things people do with their machines.

I love the ME shoe quilts I have seen. Those wonderful high heals!
peace
Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 AM

I don't have my quilting hoop yet, so I won't be doing any fancy quilting on it yet. I'm not scared of it, just the opposite! Being able to quilt with the embroidery function is why I wanted the machine! Ube, so much of machine embroidery is automated that anyone can do it. The thinking is in the setup and arranging of the fabric. My machine gives you the option to "fix" the fabric first, which is also good for showing you where the outer edges of the design will hit on the fabric. If you don't like it, you just rip it out and move it, then fix it again! Elizabrat, I'll happily send you that bug jar piece for your grandniece if you think she'd like it.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:57 AM

oh she is only 1 she loves everything from what I hear I have all that yellow batik that I have yet to make into a quilt for her but I will.. her parents are not into anything that says girl unfortunately. they want her to be not labeled that way I know HUH? she is a GIRL. dorks.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 AM

You know, I have heard of parents doing that before. It's some new age kind of thing to supposedly prevent mental damage in the event the child grows up and is gay or decides they want a sex change. I say hogwash! If they like girly stuff, give em girly! If they want a Tonka truck AND a Barbie doll, well hey, we all know Ken is useless, so Barbie's gotta get the yardwork done somehow right? If they only want trucks, like I did for most of elementary school, that's all good too! Doesn't mean a thing about who they'll be when they grow up in my opinion.

Anyway, put the soapbox away. I'll get it finished up & stick it in your housewarming box
Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Power Poster

We are who we are
peace

Elisabrat, Just look at your cool avatar. I don't see where you "can't". The lounging chicken is very creative, so no excuses, huh! I certainly couldn't do that.
peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 08-29-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:59 AM

Ever time I see applique on this board I am in awe of the amount of talented people here. Ube, I have fallen in love with 'little quilts' - here is my cousin's finished chicken wall hanging since he REALLY wanted the one for the swap - and a mug rug for one of our cheer moms that just got a new kidney.
Attached Thumbnails davids-chikin.jpeg   carols-mug-rug.jpeg  
Old 08-31-2013, 08:01 AM

You know, I've decided I'm going to cheat a little, but with 2 really good reasons...

1. I made this for a side swap, then the person I was to swap with went MIA on me & I hate to let a good swap item go to waste.

2. I really like this piece and want to let someone else love it as much as I loved making it, because it doesn't work in my house!

I made this a couple months ago, and never have heard back from her, so, you snooze you lose. It's not really big, about the size of 2 placemats, but the colors are so happy and it has one of my favorite fabrics I've ever bought in it (the red poppies). Fingers crossed that I'll be forgiven, but this is an new piece, made by me! I found something else I wanted to do, so I'm ready to go for the next swap!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433347[/ATTACH]

Ooh, I just noticed after I posted this, my new phone takes REALLY good pictures!
Attached Thumbnails 2013-08-31-10.45.28.jpg