Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 PM

Well, bad news for jnct14. The cat is found! Gee, girl! You sure work fast! You're gonna have to charge by the job and not by the hour! Lol. AnywY, I'm happy he's home. He was sleeping on my neighbors' black top driveway and he is solid black. But no one had seen him in the. House for two days. The dogs go in and out through the dog door and are confined to the back yard. The cats jump over the fence to use the pet door ( they won't use it if i say dog). Simon prefers to have the waitstaff (. Dh and me) open the people door, which he refers to as the Cat door, and he is gracious enough to let us use it, too. Normally he announces his desire to have the waitstaff meet him at the cat door. I think he was quite shaken when we were gone so long. He wouldn't show himself to my friend who was feeding and loving on the pets twice a day. He has been coming in and calling out repeatedly , like six or seven times, the same phrase, over and over. And then he'd stop and listen ( tho we think he' s having trouble hearing), and then starts the calls all over again. He is part Siamese so he has that whiney voice. Enough about my cat!
I am going to grannof6's for the day and will get at least the appliqués started. I've found i enjoy doing kits for these wall hangings. I hope no one minds. Then i have the pattern, have done it once and can do it again in my fabric. Sometimes, i use my fabric from the start. It's all good fun! And somebody gets something i like! And i hope they do, too!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:19 AM

You guys are too funny. Ube that wall hanging is fabulous.I am working on a mug rug from a photo of my friends Wheaton Terrier which she lost in September. Nancia I simply beamed thoughts of catnip to your neighborhood haha! This while making 62 pink cheer bows for our breast cancer awareness fundraiser.We raised $85.00 for our local organization and $280 for the squad.I wish I had someone to quilt with - might make things easier. Oh well enough whining....
Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 AM

Omg! I'm looking at morning from the wrong side! I just woke up. There are sickos that do this every day! Oh, well. This must be why God invented coffee. Now where's my waitress? Room service at this house is very poor! Alice!!! We need coffee over here! One of these days, Alice! Pop! Right to the moon! Ummm, a little sweet, no cream, please.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:37 AM

Nancia, now breath. just breath. chug that cup of coffee .. ah better right? yeah I am a morning sicko but also a night one I think sleep is for those other guys. sure of it. I am glad your cat is so happy to be home and I know your even twice as happy to have her back kids, I cant relate I guess. I love mine and miss mine but do not want to live next to mine. Guess I am a meanie at heart ? we do well all of us for visits. I don't have any little grand kids thought, one 8 yr old that I am not allowed much contact with so I guess I can't give you good advise. Know they love you, there is the thing called Skype so grandma doesn't have to be far away after all and you can use it regularly I am excited to see all the good things posted. and thank you UBE for your pictures love that wall hanging/runner oh yes I do. and how fun to do something at work with with prizes! and to make them yourself. makes work a bit fun I would think.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:55 AM

JNCT14...I'd like to see your mug rug when you have finished. We have a wheaton terrier as well! She's quite the girl!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 AM

Ube quilting: I bought that same panel...your wallhanging is so cute...now I have an idea!!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:03 AM

The month of September flew by as our 2 year old granddaughter was hospitalized for a scheduled surgery and then 2 weeks later had to have emergency surgery! Stressful time but our 'kids' have had such wonderful community support for this trying time for them. She's home now with her little smile and giggle so hopefully she's on the right track! Needless to say I've been feeling overwhelmed with trying to keep up with my sewing but I'm glad to report that my wallhanging is done...just needs the quilting and hopefully that will be done soon too!! Hurray and the sun is shining today....great and wonderful day....oops have to let our Wheaton terrier in and she'll probably go with me and keep me company while I sew!!! Have a wonderful day to everyone on this board.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 AM

Finished mine. Whoop,whoop. Rhonda I'll PM a picture to you
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Happy to hear there are some finishes! Deadline is near. Getting exciting!
peace
Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Love me some chatter!! LOL It is good to see you all on here again. I know the summer has been a busy one and for me too. I've had grands alot and they keep me busy.

We are - we are yes we are getting closer to the deadline!! I am getting anxious to make sure you all remember to let me know you are ready to mail

I will post the addresses on Oct 31 so you may mail within the week after that.
Since I am not giving out any addresses of swappers that haven't contacted me we should be good on everyone getting theirs in a timely manner.

Of course if everyone wants to do this again I am up for it! If I forget just nudge me and I will try to post a sign up Nov 1st.

Remember anyone who has a wall hanging done can join in up to Oct 30th! If someone hasn't signed up yet you can still join us!