Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016) >

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Old 08-23-2016, 05:27 AM

fq40, My goodness! I would have never in a million years thought of that! That is really something! You went with a black background, which is so interesting! Well, that's just the thing with a Round Robin-- we all have something unique to contribute.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:12 AM

Okay I re-took the picture as I saw one block was frayed so remade that block. Boy the black loves to fray.

Thank you everyone for the comments. I wasn't sure about the black background but I felt it would go almost went with a black and white print but was so stark against the black. So I went for it with the black love how the colors pop. I usually don't do black as we have 2 white cats and one is a long hair.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556643[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails b.zang2-001.jpg  
Old 08-23-2016, 11:29 AM

Hi everyone. I've just gotten back on post. I spent the weekend in the hospital but I've been sick for a bit longer than that. Trying to recuperate and get my strength back. Right now, all I want to do is sleep. I've been battling infections for the past two years and this weekend my body said enough and I was hospitalized and put on IV antibiotics for three days. I'm healing from multiple break-outs but they still can't pinpoint what is causing all this. No one in my family has it but me so it's isn't contagious (thankfully) but it has really taken the wind out of me. I tried to go back to work today and only lasted for two hours. Also, major storm blew through our neighborhood on Sunday night about an hour after my husband got me home from the hospital and a tree limb crashed through our garage roof and smashed the window on our car. Please pray for me if you are so inclined.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:30 PM

Prayers going your way GracefulAnn.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:42 PM

{{{GracefulAnn}}} hugs. Quite a lot going on there... Take care of yourself; may the Lord keep you safe.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:08 AM

I'm home today and moving slow but I did complete the design for my block. I'll start sewing this afternoon (hopefully) after another nap. Thank you Givio and Vovoa. I appreciate you kind words and all the prayers.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:47 AM

Oh my goodness GracefulAnn!!! I am so sorry for all that you are going through and the damage from the storm. I pray that you start feeling better and that the Dr's can figure out what is going on so you can feel well again. Please take care and if your body tells you to take a nap do it, your body needs the rest to heal itself. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by GracefulAnn View Post
My block is on it's way. I mailed priority today to Canada. Who knows when it will arrive!
Still waiting for it on this end. Will keep checking........

GracefulAnn, rest up and watch for an update here when I've added to your beautiful block. Cars are easily fixed, people, not so much so make yourself your priority. Take care.

Last edited by b.zang; 08-24-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
Here is what I came up for Barbara's (b.zang's) block

I first put it on point then added a paper pieced border. I hope you like it Barbara...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556586[/ATTACH]
Love it!! I'm very impressed.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:01 PM

Love those bright colors...

Donna

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
Okay I re-took the picture as I saw one block was frayed so remade that block. Boy the black loves to fray.

Thank you everyone for the comments. I wasn't sure about the black background but I felt it would go almost went with a black and white print but was so stark against the black. So I went for it with the black love how the colors pop. I usually don't do black as we have 2 white cats and one is a long hair.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556643[/ATTACH]