Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016) >

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Old 07-27-2016, 07:29 AM
mim

Default my center block

here is my center block -- it has several blues, purples, green and sea green as well as yellow. I hope you like it. The block is called Brave World.

Mim
Attached Thumbnails row-robin.jpg  
Old 07-27-2016, 08:59 AM

Very pretty, mim!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:16 AM

givio love this block !
vovoa this is really cute!
Lv2sew2011 love the idea of a Christmas/winter theme !
Maryb119 love the black and white with the pops of color!
Mim love these colors and that swirl fabric is so cool!

Wow these are amazing blocks to start with I am excited to get started!!

Okay without further ado here is my block. I found one month of a BOM from Fat quarter Shop from 2012 packet at Goodwill still sealed never made a few months ago called " Cherry Sundae". So I thought what the heck make that up it is supposed be 12.5" unfinished. I usually lean towards paper piecing a center block but I thought this was perfect for this round robin. There was a lot of fabric left boy they were generous when they were cutting this kit. I can send it along if you guys want if not that is okay? I know postage can get up there sometimes on these my the end.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554736[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails starter-block-001.jpg   starter-block-003.jpg  
Old 07-27-2016, 09:41 AM

Wow! That is bright and cheery!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:28 AM

OK I haven't finished it yet but I decided on a block....I think I'm going to make her in Tinkerbell colours
Attached Thumbnails fairy.png  
Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 PM

FINALLY - a round robin! I love these and haven't seen one for ages and now see that I'm too late for this one. Please keep my name on a list for next time. Participating in round robins has stretched my skills and creativity while providing just enough sewing for me to accomplish while working.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:21 PM
mim

I think there may be one more spot open Barbara. Givio, did you plan on only 5 people per swap?? Barbara might be the 10th person and that would make 2 round robins.

Mim
Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
FINALLY - a round robin! I love these and haven't seen one for ages and now see that I'm too late for this one. Please keep my name on a list for next time. Participating in round robins has stretched my skills and creativity while providing just enough sewing for me to accomplish while working.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
The deadline isn't until Friday. You still have time to sign up.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:40 PM

Mim, I either have, or had some of that swirly fabric, but I think it was in a different color. I agree with fq40-- it's really cool! Nice block there. Yes, I think five would be a great amount in a group, giving a nice size border to work with each round. I'm hoping a 10th person will want to sign up.

fq40, for sure send along the scraps! Even a 5" charm size piece is worth sending along. Who knows what we can do with it! I've always liked the red, white, turquoise colors together. At Goodwill! What a find!

ROS, oh, my word, that pattern sets the wheels turning in my brain. lol Give it some good thought, maryb119, you'll be getting it. :-))))

Ok, girls, we had some comments on the thread about the time frame, and I've received some comments by private message. We don't want to stress anyone out. We don't want anyone to run out of time, frantically seam ripping mistakes, be late, feel guilty, and make a problem for the next person in line.... We just want to have fun. :-) So, I think we must adjust the time to give another week or two (or three) where we need it. Please let us all know what you think, make a little vote about it, ok?

For example, each round I could suggest a time, we could talk about it, then commit. I hope we can stay flexible and be accommodating to the others in the group. Of course, we want to budget our time, not be slothful, avoid the pressure of last minute work, and take a care to keep progress moving forward.

Last edited by givio; 07-27-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:07 PM

Here is the message I'll be sending along with my block. I'll print it out on a piece of paper, and if anyone wants to 'journal' something on the paper, go ahead (not required). I think I'll be sending some fabric too, but didn't decide yet about that.
Attached Thumbnails round-robin-text.jpg