Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" >

Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 PM

OMG...I LOVE her!!! I can't help but giggle...like she's sitting in a epsom salt bath soaking her egg maker!
I wish I could applique....yours are awesome!!

Journaling...well you can do it a variety of ways. The one that I thought would be least inexpensive, is basically just using your computer to make journal entries like in word and cut/pasting pics you took into the file as you go and then just email the electronic journal to the owner so they can develop something they would like as the final product, like you're getting the book done. Something like that, but I'm game for whatever everyone wants. Mine will just have to be typed as I have a very hard time writing with the RA & disc nerve damage.

Originally Posted by Karen
OK...here she is! Chicken Soup for the chicken lovers soul! Only 3 more to go and row will be done.

Where are we going to do the journal at?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Holy cow!!! Let us SEEEE.....please?!?!?! I could used something nice in my life at the moment :)

Originally Posted by Kathy N
My row is done, my sashing is all cut and packaged, for once in my life I'm ahead of the game!!!! Now I need to know who to mail to. I was so unhappy with my 1930's print blocks until I added the sashing. The fabrics are so busy that the sashing calmed it all down and now I am very pleased with it! I guess patience is a virtue...I almost scrapped the whole thing and started over with a new theme!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Thank you Sweetness! She sure does look funny sittin in that bowl!! You gave me a great laugh..what a picture!

I machine applique...only starting doing that in the Funky Chicken Swap last year. You can do it too. It really isn't hard after you practice a bit.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:22 PM

SEEEEWWWW QUIET HERE...Hope that breaks soon!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 PM

How severyone doing on your rows?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Hello Sweet Sixteeners:
Just passing by to say hi.

Karen: I love your block #2.

I'm embroidering my blocks. So the embroidery part will be done next week. I then will start with the piecing part.

Will post some pictures next week.

Hugs,
Old 01-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Sorry I haven't been around guys. I would love to say that I've been slaving over my blocks, but unfortunately that wasn't it either. The vacation I had planned which was to stay home & do nothing but sew & organize my sewing room didn't happen because of some drama with new systems at work going in the last week of the month. Basically, I had to go in and do what I would normally do the last week, two weeks early. Oh well, I can deal with that. THAT wouldn't have been so bad.

But then Wed night the bf started not feeling well. 102 fever by 2am. So he slept all day Thurs while I worked, I got home and he was still running fever even with all my home remedies & OTC products. So I take him to the doctor on Fri and I'm starting to feel a lil puny myself...but figured just tired. Doc looks at both of us and says...ya'll have the flu. Made us take tamiflu at the office and get 2 scripts of it. We're only a 2 person household, both of us being sick is NOT fun. So we've been in bed for days straight. Today is the first time I've been up long enough to read/post. And sad to say once I'm done...it's going to be back to bed! I hope this doesn't last for much longer I'm not a sit around/lay around type person and it's driving me nuts, but I can't do anything else *whine*
Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
Thank you Sweetness! She sure does look funny sittin in that bowl!! You gave me a great laugh..what a picture!

I machine applique...only starting doing that in the Funky Chicken Swap last year. You can do it too. It really isn't hard after you practice a bit.
I'd love to learn to machine applique. I can cut the appliques just don't do very well in the edging of them :(

Anymore chickens while I've been off being lazy?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
Hello Sweet Sixteeners:
Just passing by to say hi.

Karen: I love your block #2.

I'm embroidering my blocks. So the embroidery part will be done next week. I then will start with the piecing part.

Will post some pictures next week.

Hugs,
OOOOhhhh embroidery. Ya'll are soooo talented. Our quilts are going to be the most unique when they're done!!! Can't wait :)
Old 01-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Posting to my other swap group and then I'm off to la-la land for a while. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is doing well *hugs*