Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - Group 10  "Rows of Friendship" >

Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM

lori - thanks for the info.

just looked at your baby quilt. that is too cute. i love the fabric and the colors. that 3-d pinwheel is perfect. i think you asked what size is a baby quilt. i generally make them 36 x 36, or thereabouts. if you want it to fit the crib them i would make it 36 x 48, or so. that's assuming 12" blocks.

donna - nice to meet you. looks like the four of us, miss gigglewings, lori peercy, you and i, are all of the same generation. lots of grandchildren between us. i think misty marie is our young 'n. she still has small children at home.

i am the oldest of 5 children and, as you may have noticed, the one who always takes charge. sorry it is just forever a part of me after years of taking care of the rest. ha-ha. my middle siblings certainly had their own personalities, but i love them anyway.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM

I am next to youngest of 5 and I am the one who takes charge of family matters! Go figure huh? Thank you Pat for the size information. The blocks are 10". I tried larger but didn't like the way the pinwheels looked, were way to big!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM

i think you are right, lori. 12" is probably too large for that block. especially for a baby. what a lucky little girl she is. hope her parents aren't the kind who think it is too pretty to use. my friend made a really cute ladybug quilt for her new granddaughter last year. her daughter put it up on the wall because it was too nice for use. in general, i think quilts should be used. there are exceptions for heirlooms that are made for decorative purposes.

karen, would love to see your fabrics, even if you don't have your row yet. i know you said you had a panel you are going to use. maybe we could get a peek at it. i am sure i will need to obtain fabric for your row since i am not really a blue fabric kinda girl.

so, i am off to get my car serviced, finally. meaning to do it for several weeks. need to get food for the feral cats i feed.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 AM

ok, where are you guys? i have been checking out other threads and some are all ready to mail. how about us? i am not yet ready. decided to make some last minute changes.

what is group decision on labels and/or sig blocks? saw one group is making 12-1/2" sig blocks from the fabric for each row then sending it along (unattached) with that row. when we get our tops finished the sig blocks can then be put in a row on the front or on the back. each person could choose for themselves.

of course, the simplest is just a label with space for each person to sign as they work on your top. so, what do you think. since it is only a month away now we need to decide.

went to guild last night and ended up volunteering to co-lead our bom. we have to come up with a block pattern and fabric each month. seems like a simple thing, but those simple things can turn ugly. lol,

look forward to hearing from you all.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM

I mailed by row today..hope that was ok!

I like a plain old fashioned label with everyones name on it. My bernina does some embroidry, so I plan on making a label when it gets back home. I will, however go along with siggie blocks if everyone wants to do this too!

That's my vote and I'm sticking to it!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings

I like a plain old fashioned label with everyones name on it. My bernina does some embroidry, so I plan on making a label when it gets back home. I will, however go along with siggie blocks if everyone wants to do this too!

where is the picture??
Old 01-20-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
Originally Posted by missgigglewings

where is the picture??
On Page 1
Old 01-20-2011, 05:05 PM

I'm not sure what a sig block is, do we each make a label large enough for everyone to sign it?
Old 01-20-2011, 05:16 PM

We sure are a chatty group! I am in Iowa and it is really COLD her. It's going to get down to -12 tonight! Yikes. With wind chill I think they said -25 or so. I am having some trouble coming up with ideas for missgigglewings row, maybe because it is the first one. It should be here soon as she said she mailed it today. Hope it taks to me right away!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 PM

Lori..Lori...Lori! Will you stop frettin' over my blue christmas! If its a Christmas print on a blue (or white) background .....well there you go!! You could even do snowmen or stars or christmas trees or angels or teddy bears...anything on a blue back ground that says "Christmas"! I want you to have fun with this so quit
worrying so much!

Hugs to you!