Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - Group 10  "Rows of Friendship" >

Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Old 01-08-2011, 11:36 AM

I am not much on journals, either. However, I like the idea of doing a sig block to put on the back.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM

If we do sig blocks what would we put on a label?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
If we do sig blocks what would we put on a label?
good question. maybe we can just do sig block?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:21 PM

hey, my quilty group pals, i was just perusing some of the other group sites. they are sharing info about themselves and really discussing every detail of what is going on with their rows. how about a little more chatter?

since rows of friendship infers (implies?) getting friendly, i will share first.

i am a widow, a grandmother, a dog owner, and of course a quilter. two years ago my company, a large phone co, who shall remain nameless but whose initials are att, decided that it did not need the services we provided in california any longer and moved the jobs to texas. since my entire family and life are here i opted not to relocate. have been unemployed since and still hope to find a job soon. however, i have managed to keep the wolf kicked away from the door. certainly haven't missed any meals, but surely could stand to eat a little less at the ones i enjoy.

i first quilted back in 1968 but normal life raising my family and working got in the way. took it up again after my husband passed away in 1996. took classes and made lots of quilt tops. unfortunately most of those are still sitting as ufo's. trying to commit to clear them up this year. after being "retired" in 2008 i formed a friendship with two of my fellow retirees who also quilt. we meet twice a week to work on projects, eat, and laugh. just spent friday and saturday making quilt tops with the same pattern but very different outcomes.

i have two beautiful granddaughters who are young teens. they are perfect. perfectly gorgeous, perfectly talented, perfectly sweet, and perfectly temper testing. love them madly, as you can tell. my son and daughter-in-law are wonderful. they all look after me to the best of their abilities. i do my best to make it difficult for them to keep up with my shenanigans.

of course, no intro of me would be complete without the crazy dog. his name is ringo, see my avatar, and he's from the local shelter. unknown parentage and overindulgence by his owner have created a monster. he weighs all of 20 lbs. but thinks he is much bigger. so brave, he sleeps under the covers with me at night. mostly just keeps me laughing.

look forward to hearing more about all of you. especially want to see and hear about your rows.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:30 PM

OK..I'll go next. I was 64 on Jan 3rd, widowed 17 years now. I have 3 adult children and 4 grandchildren and one grandangel who owns my heart. His name is Billy and he really is an angel! I am semi-retired. I took early retirement but I am a part-time motivational speaker for Pfizer Pharmacuticals. They send me all over the US to medical centers and doctor's offices to educate and motivate people to quit smoking. I am called a Quit Ambassador and it is my second greatest passion after my wounded warriors! Since I only travel about 6 times a year I devote almost every day to quilting. On thursdays I meet with 5 other ladies from our church and we make quilts for our local battered women's shelter. I love this board and the quilter's on it!
My row of snowglobes does have angels and a Nativity scene in the center because I loved the fabric, not because it is a religous themed quilt. I just wanted a Blue Christmas quilt and started with the fabric I loved!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 AM

We are not a chatty group are we? I will jump in next. I am 56 with a BD coming up March 13th. I am divorced with 2 grown children. I have 3 granddaughters and 2 grandsons with # 6 being induced today! They said they thought it was a girl, if so she is going to have my middle name(the only one named after me) Abigail Elaine Peercy. Am waiting to make sure it is a girl before I start her quilt. I am disabled and live with my cat Kitty (grandchildren named him). Sold my house and moved into a 1 bedroom apt, talk about downsizing! I moved to Ottumwa when I couldn't work anymore as housing was much cheaper in a small town. My best friend of 45yrs lives nearby. We go camping and fishing whem the weather allows. I just started quilting this fall and have alot of ideas but not alot of experience. I love this quilting board. I see so much talent here and everyone is so helpful. My life is quite and I like it like that. Was married to an alcholahlic who liked to get drunk and abuse me. So the quite life is much appreciated! I think I am rambling here.....
Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 AM

Hey...anyone know what happen to my signatur? I didn't mess with it but it is gone!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 AM

miss g - thanks for your info. you have a lot of grandchildren. what a blessing. since i only had one child, i guess i am lucky to have the two that i do. however, my 22 year old nephew is having a son in feb so i need to make a baby quilt for him. looking forward to a new baby in the family. the first in many years.

i love your angels as they are a favorite of mine. i have found some great blue/white/christmas fabrics for your row. just need to decide the layout. but, i do have some time before yours gets to me.

looks like you and i are really close in age. i will be 64 in july.

re: the live signature - i have seen others on the board having the same problem. the consensus seems to be a problem with the livesignature web site. but i really don't know. apparently it comes and goes at will. maybe the live signature fairy gets tired sometimes. lol
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 AM

lori - super to get to know you, too. you have a lot of grandchildren, too. lucky lady. can you tell that grandchildren are a passion of mine? always said that i only had a child so i could have a grandchild.

i agree about the quiet life. i moved in with one of my younger brothers after my husband died. we got along really well until he died about seven years ago. have lived alone since then and don't think i could ever share a home again.

i have no clue, yet, about your theme of birds. can you give us some clues?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:21 PM

Well Abbigail Elaine made her arrival about 2pm Colorado time. Weighed 7 1/2 pounds and was 19" tall. Looks just like her brother and sister did. Went to LQS to pick up fabric after my son called, I was thinking of doing a 3D pin wheel.