Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM

go to a pm to you.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Well here is the quilt square for part of my row. I am not as happy as I would like to be. I measured twice, cut once and it sure is not 12 1/2 inches square. The 2nd one is a bit better. I did it from Quilters Cache and I think I should have followed trusted instructions from Quilmaker's 100 block magazine even though this block is not in the two issues. But I think it may have turned out more accurately.
I was going to do 4 blocks and an applique in the middle, but, I think I have changed my mind to 3 blocks and 2 applique ones. Not sure if the colors are true - we'll see.
Colors are close but picture shows it a bit more vibrant than it actually is.
The pattern is Chinese Lanterns and its upside down. The floral will be the top portion of the lantern.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157416.jpe  
Old 01-10-2011, 03:39 PM

Carol, that is pretty. I copied your picture and turned it right side up. See below. Will the other blocks be the same colors and pattern or different colors. I know you said that you want all the rows to be different colors, you still want flowers, right? You want different blocks too?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157483.jpe  
Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Like the vibrant colors. I have found several patterns that aren't like they say in Q.Cache.
Looking forward to seeing more of your blocks!
M.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 PM

Hi Everyone, As you know I have been struggling with learning a new computer and the posting. Dell set up what is required to post for me, and I have it in my notebook; all 12 steps.
So, I plan to practice several times. You might see some strange-looking things. So, just bear with me on it!!
Mariah.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:37 PM

applique
Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by boohoofish
Well here is the quilt square for part of my row. I am not as happy as I would like to be. I measured twice, cut once and it sure is not 12 1/2 inches square. The 2nd one is a bit better. I did it from Quilters Cache and I think I should have followed trusted instructions from Quilmaker's 100 block magazine even though this block is not in the two issues. But I think it may have turned out more accurately.
I was going to do 4 blocks and an applique in the middle, but, I think I have changed my mind to 3 blocks and 2 applique ones. Not sure if the colors are true - we'll see.
Colors are close but picture shows it a bit more vibrant than it actually is.
The pattern is Chinese Lanterns and its upside down. The floral will be the top portion of the lantern.
I love the colors in your block! And the lanterns are really pretty. I have done blocks from quilters cache and find if I use a scant 1/4 inch, then the blocks are 12 1/2"
That's a real pretty applique Mariah
Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 PM

Boohoofish--the word "applique," is the pic I thought I would post. As it turned out, it was a file, and I failed to notice it.
I did applique tulips--our group, last week.
Mariah.
(It was when I was practicing--see about my new computer.)
Mariah.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:11 PM

I think 3 of my blocks will be the lantern pattern using the same fabrics. The other 2 blocks will be applique and I will probably use the small orange print for the background.
What I meant by floral is really only floral fabric with the print being about the same size I used in the lantern. I don't care what patterns you use for the blocks. I don't care what colors you use either.
I truly want this to be a reflection of your talents by not limiting you to any particular theme. This is my first time on a "robin" anything so I just picked floral fabrics and as you can see I only used 1 "floral" on my block. (my mind was too cluttered with the move to think of anything else).
Since I chose 'chinese lanterns' I think my applique will be 'bamboo' looking. I have a pattern that I have to reduce and want to try. Carol
Glad you like the colors - like I say, at least on my computer, the colors are a bit more vibrant than reality.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:12 PM

Thanks for turning it right side up Sherry.

Originally Posted by ssnare
Carol, that is pretty. I copied your picture and turned it right side up. See below. Will the other blocks be the same colors and pattern or different colors. I know you said that you want all the rows to be different colors, you still want flowers, right? You want different blocks too?