Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by boohoofish
Thanks for turning it right side up Sherry.

Originally Posted by ssnare
Carol, that is pretty. I copied your picture and turned it right side up. See below. Will the other blocks be the same colors and pattern or different colors. I know you said that you want all the rows to be different colors, you still want flowers, right? You want different blocks too?
You are welcome. I think this is the first row robin for all of us in this group. So we will muddle through together. It took me forever to get my row to come out to 12 1/2" x 60 1/2". There were lots of frustrating moments too. Who knows what the next row will show. Maybe the only thing I learn when we are done is that I do not want to be in another row robin.

:lol: I think it will be fun. The hard part is getting the row to come out to the right measurements.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM

Carol, that is pretty. I copied your picture and turned it right side up. See below. Will the other blocks be the same colors and pattern or different colors. I know you said that you want all the rows to be different colors, you still want flowers, right? You want different blocks too?
You are welcome. I think this is the first row robin for all of us in this group. So we will muddle through together. It took me forever to get my row to come out to 12 1/2" x 60 1/2". There were lots of frustrationg moments too. Who knows what the next row will show. Maybe the only thing I learn when we are done is that I do not want to be in another row robin.

:lol: I think it will be fun. The hard part is getting the row to come out to the right measurements.
Do I understand you to say you don't want to do this again? You are doing so well at it.
Anyway "we've only just begun" and your first row is outstanding and I can only think you will get better with time.
You have been such an asset to our group.
I would hate to miss your talents in encouragement and helping to go somewhere else :thumbdown:
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM

You are welcome. I think this is the first row robin for all of us in this group. So we will muddle through together. It took me forever to get my row to come out to 12 1/2" x 60 1/2". There were lots of frustrationg moments too. Who knows what the next row will show. Maybe the only thing I learn when we are done is that I do not want to be in another row robin.

Don't be too discouraged. I know its hard. In the round robin going around I had my entire border planned out, cut and partially sewn then realized there was a mistake somewhere and had come up short.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:42 PM

Don't be too discouraged. I know its hard. In the round robin going around I had my entire border planned out, cut and partially sewn then realized there was a mistake somewhere and had come up short.[/quote]

I'll second this. My IRR row 1 did the same thing. All I can say, is it does get easier the more you do. Hang in there, and if all else fails, cos the block's not big enough, add a border on 2 or more sides and feature it!! We'll neer know the difference unless you tell! :thumbup:
Old 01-11-2011, 07:02 AM

Hopefully , the other rows will be easier. This was my first row ever. I kept adding borders and then I had to subtract. Figuring out the measurements was the hardest. Picking out the fabrics and coordinating them and sewing them was the easiest.
Then, I see everyone else's row and I have no idea what I will do with their row to add to it.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 AM

Hopefully , the other rows will be easier. This was my first row ever. I kept adding borders and then I had to subtract. Figuring out the measurements was the hardest. Picking out the fabrics and coordinating them and sewing them was the easiest.
Then, I see everyone else's row and I have no idea what I will do with their row to add to it.
Sounds like your 'negstive self' is talking. Listen to the rest of us.
You know how to compensate for the differences in measurements and hang in there till it is right. I know you have the courage because you give it to others.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 AM

Sherry you CAN do this! If you get stuck just ask for help. Everyone ont his site is wonderful with helpful suggestions! Don't let your negative self win!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 AM

We all have these times of discouragement and not know what to do. I have had times (not with the row robin--yet anyway) that I wanted to cut everything connected with a piece of work into little bitty pieces and head to the trash.
My best remedy for being discouraged and not know what to do is to put it away for awhile. Sometimes we are "spoken to" in the time we have put it away, and we go back and it seems so much better. I believe that is why I have half a dozen or so "UFO's" going all of the time.
It will work itself out; trust us. That is why we are here; to help each other.
Mariah.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Keep hanging on Sherry. I think it will get better when we actually receive the next row. It seems we all want 'our' row to be perfect before sending it away but we must just do the best we can. All other rows will enhance the previous work and once all rows are added it will seem like we fussed for nothing.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 AM

I agree. We all need to just relax and enjoy the process. I know for myself, I will love anything someone does for me. Each person's work is an expression of themselves and it s going to be wonderful. It doesn't matter if this is you 1st quilt or you 100th quilt, your work is aprreciated. Enjoy and relax it will all work out.