Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 PM

So true, Roseysue.
Mine would have been more quickly done had I not had so many things happen. Such is life.
I liked the idea of the 60 day time. Somehow I thought my Christmas Quilt would be stitched by now, but it is in the same place!
I will have it put together while we are all quilting together next Fall!
Mariah.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
So true, Roseysue.
Mine would have been more quickly done had I not had so many things happen. Such is life.
I liked the idea of the 60 day time. Somehow I thought my Christmas Quilt would be stitched by now, but it is in the same place!
I will have it put together while we are all quilting together next Fall!
Mariah.
We can't control when life will get n the way of the things we would rather be doing which are fun :cry:
Just have to 'go with the flow'
The nice thing about our little group is that we are all in this together and we can encourage each other. There really shouldn't be any hurry.
Actually, we have another month to go and if everyone was already finished, it would be pretty dull to have nothing new to look at talk about while we were passing the time.
I like looking forward to wondering what I'm going to see next time I sign in to our site.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM

Sue, what is the biggest square that your accuqulter will cut? I tried to cut a 25" square with a rotary cutter and this seemed difficult.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:14 AM

Sherry, I have fabrics laid out for your row when we send next month. Now I need ideas on what flowers you like. I know you said one time, but I couldn't find it, and thought it would be easier if you just told us again.
Mariah.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
Sherry, I have fabrics laid out for your row when we send next month. Now I need ideas on what flowers you like. I know you said one time, but I couldn't find it, and thought it would be easier if you just told us again.
Mariah.
I think larger flowers would look nice rather than small prints. I like roses, iris, lilacs (spelling?), gardenias, tulips -almost any flowers will do. Blues, pinks, lavender, purple, cranberry, cream . Do you have any of those?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:17 AM

yes; all of them. Thanks for the flower listing.
M.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 PM

Wow 25"! What that's for? You've sparked my curiosity.

Anyway, the GO is 10 inches wide, and the largest square they make for it so far is six inches.

I hope they will come out with wider ones for that, because I am very spoiled with accurate shapes. (I had to cut out an 8" square for something and I took forever cause I was being so particular - I'm so spoiled!)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Wow 25"! What that's for? You've sparked my curiosity.

Anyway, the GO is 10 inches wide, and the largest square they make for it so far is six inches.

I hope they will come out with wider ones for that, because I am very spoiled with accurate shapes. (I had to cut out an 8" square for something and I took forever cause I was being so particular - I'm so spoiled!)
I had this hairbrain idea that I might make some rows with a cathedral window. Because when it would be finished it would be a 12 1/2" block. So, I cut the stupid thing and when I tried it, the darn thing worked. The only problem is that I would have to cut more in order for it to work out properly. And , I can tell you this, I am not going to cut any more 25" squares. LOL.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:52 PM

Cathedral windows sure would make a nice row. Worth their 'weight' in roses!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 PM

For those of you that may have missed this:
This is my story:

The Clown, The Flute, and The Tree Frog
Isaiah 45:22 “Turn to me and be saved.”

Personal communication, a deep relationship with the Lord, and a vision intertwined, connecting the Clown, the Flute, and the Tree Frog.
According to Native American heritage, a long, long time ago, frogs lived in all the ponds, rivers, and streams, just as they do today. The frogs were happy little frogs, singing their songs, sunning on their lily pads, and jumping all day long. It was a good life, and most of the frogs were happy.
One day, one of the frogs became dissatisfied. He could see something in the distance that was greener and larger than anything he had ever seen. Every day, he would see the other animals go up there and come back looking very satisfied. He thought that there must be something better up there than what he could find in his little pond.
So... he called to all the other frogs and told them to follow him up the mountain to see what they could find. He heard a little voice that told him not to go to the mountain. But he was determined to go. The frogs left their homes in the ponds, rivers, and streams and followed the little frog up the mountain.
Soon, the frogs noticed that water was rushing down the mountain, glaciers were melting. They became afraid. The little frog realized that he made a mistake. He prayed as hard as he could to the Lord and said, “I made a mistake, Lord! Please save all the frogs. They should not be punished for what I have done! The Lord answered and said, ”I will save all the frogs because they have learned their lesson. Have all the frogs hop into the stream that goes down the mountain and they will be safe. But, you stay here!”
The little frog did as he was told. And the other frogs returned safely home. The little frog waited for his fate. Suddenly, a burst of wind came and blew him into a tree, that was high on the mountain. He too was safe as he watched the torrents of water rush down the mountain.
He heard a voice again that said,” Since you so wanted to live on the mountain, this will be your home. You will be smaller than you were and you will no longer live in the water. Your children for generations to come will also be living here in the tree. You will no longer live in the pond.” And this is how the tree frog came to be.

I can relate to the tree frog can you?

FORMATIVE YEARS

Growing up in the Methodist Church, I always thought I believed in Jesus and thought I would go to heaven. Now I know!
As a child, I went to church and Sunday school, sang in the choir, and was a candle lighter. Later, when I married, I went from church to church searching and searching. I quit going to church.

REBIRTH

At work, a nurse led me to the Lord. She said I was “just right for the picking”. She gave me tracts and led me in the sinner’s prayer. She told me to ask Jesus to come into my heart. She told me to pray the following before I read the Bible: “In Jesus name, I give you my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my mind, my soul, my body, my hands, and my feet. Open my spiritual eyes and my spiritual ears.” I prayed and certain words of the bible came out in bold print.
I hadn’t been going to church and I felt guilty about this. The first thing that came out in bold print from the Bible was, “It is not where you worship, but how you worship.” The next day, I told people at work about this and said, “This scares me.” When I read the Bible the next day, it said, “Do not be afraid.” I thought,”Whoa!”
I wanted to go to a Christian marriage reception but I was supposed to work at the hospital. I thought about lying and calling in sick. The scripture was telling about the wedding at Cana. It said, “Care of the sick.” After reading this, I thought I better go to work. I told a friend that it was as if God was right down there where I was. It was like an out of body experience and I was up in the sky looking down!
I told this to a person at work and I did not know that she was Jewish. I had been witnessing to her and I did not know it. Praise God!
The scriptures said that I would receive the Holy Spirit in three weeks. I didn’t know what that meant but I told my mom that whatever it was, I would know in three weeks. In three weeks, a person at work showed me a photograph her family had taken. In the sky, it looked like Jesus was standing there with his arms outstretched in the sky. At that moment, I believed I received the Holy Spirit.

FOOTPRINTS
On the way to work, I heard a song called “Footprints in
the Sand” on the radio. I had never heard this before. I
thought it was beautiful. Later that morning, a 13 year old patient of mine was crying. I asked her why she was crying. She said she needed surgery to have her appendix out. She said she couldn't wear her bikini any more because the scar would show. I told her about the “Footprints” and how Jesus said He would carry her. She stopped crying. We prayed. After surgery, the scar was below her bikini line.
I found some “Footprint” poems and used them to witness. A boy that was burned on his legs believed in Jesus. After sharing the “Footprints”, he walked down the hall with me. He hadn't even been able to even get out of bed!
A 12 year old was healed of a seizure disorder after his mom and I prayed!
A 2 year old girl was in surgery. Her parents and family prayed with me in her room. We were holding hands in a circle and you could see Jesus right there in the circle holding hands with us. The little girl wasn’t supposed to ever walk again. Twenty minutes after we had prayed, the doctors came out and said they had been wrong. She was even going to run again! We cried.
A man who wouldn't wear a gown, cursed at us, was foul mouthed, nasty, threatening, and exposing himself to nurses, had been shot when he was doing something morally wrong. The doctor told him that he had bullet fragments in the sack around his heart and would have to have them removed the next day. I heard him yell, "God have mercy on me!"
I went in his room and told him that I didn't know if he would live or die but he better ask the Lord to help him. I gave him a “Footprints” card. The next day, I overheard two doctors say, "Can you believe that sac-religious man that came to surgery with a religious tract taped to his hand?" All of a sudden, the Holy Spirit took over. And I couldn't believe I was saying this. I said, "Jesus associated with the lowest forms of people on earth, like the tax collectors. They are the ones who need to be saved." They looked at me strangely. I was dumb founded. I thought, boy I'm in trouble now.
I heard that this man made it through surgery, and
had been kicking the nurses in the face in intensive care. Two weeks later, I answered a call light. It was this very same man. Oh joy! I dreaded going in there. I asked him what he needed. He asked if he could PLEASE have a shot for pain. When I went into his room, He was very polite. He raised his gown just enough for his hip to be exposed to give him a shot. He thanked me! I couldn't believe this was the same man. I know God got to him.
MOLDED AND TESTED

I was pregnant and having troubles. I was afraid. I
heard the story of Daniel and the lions' den on the radio. I thought that I would really be scared if I was in a lion's den for a night. And yet, Daniel trusted the Lord so much,
he slept peacefully through the night. I thought my troubles
weren't anything compared to Daniel's. The Lord said, "Do not be afraid. Everything would be all right with the baby.”
Another time, I was falsely accused of something at
work. I wanted to quit but the scriptures said,”Stay”. I was on probation for two months. This was a terrible time for me. Finally after the two months, the nurses couldn't fire me, the scriptures said, "Go. The gates are opened wide." My last day, the scriptures said, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." These were Jesus last words on the cross before He died.

WALK THRU THE NEW TESTAMENT

I was led by the Holy Spirit to Hillcrest Covenant Church. A year later, the church was presenting “THE WALK THRU THE NEW TESTAMENT”. I wanted to attend but had to work. I claimed in Jesus name that I would be off. I attended and I was so excited about it. I absorbed it like a sponge. I thought I could teach it. I wrote to the presenters and asked what I needed to do to teach it. They wrote back and said, "We only take male seminary graduates. We give you best wishes to write your own." I knew I was never going to be a male. I didn't think I would ever be a seminary graduate. So, I decided to write my own. I started going through the New Testament, book by book and rewriting a short version that I understood. I made overheads, graphs, and workbooks. I did not know anything about how to make an overhead. It was like I was being driven. I even made a coloring book, representing each book of the New Testament. This was in 1981. I sent the coloring book to publishers and they said it was before their time. The “Walk Thru the New Testament” didn't have a coloring book at the time. They presented a coloring book in 1994 when they returned to Hillcrest.
I advertised in the church bulletin that “The Walk Thru the New Testament” would be presented. My mom came. But no one else came. I cried. I tried again to present it, no one came. I tried a third time, but still no one came. I cried and cried each time.
I put everything on the shelf and asked, "Why did
I do all this work, and it just sits there Lord?" I would go by and shake my head. It sat there for five years.

PIONEERS

Five years later, I was asked to do 1st and 2nd grade pioneers. I didn't want to. I said, "No!" I was reading the the Bible and it said, "You did not choose me, I chose you." So I thought I would agree to do 6th and 7th grade. I tried to contact the person in charge. I tried three times, but I could never reach her. Then I read in the Bible, "Let the little children come to me." Then, I knew I was to teach the 1st and 2nd graders. I had a joy in my heart. When I had the joy in my heart, I reached the person in charge.

On Ash Wednesday of the first year I was leading pioneers, God revealed to me early in the morning to teach the “WALK THRU the NEW TESTAMENT” to the 2nd graders. I was so excited. I said, "You want me to teach the 2nd graders?" Wow! I had a program for all ages. This was God's time.

We did all the hand motions, the books of the New Testament, and learned the story of the life and events of Christ's life. The hand motions, I had remembered from that one time. We presented it to the parents at graduation.
What a blessing it was, to see the children present this.
This was in 1985. I taught it again the next year.
When the “WALK THRU the NEW TESTAMENT” was presented again at our church in 1994, they had a coloring book and they had a woman teach the children the “WALK THRU the NEW TESTAMENT”.

God had given me a vision, before anyone else. He is so good!!!

CLOWNING

In February 1993, I applied for a scholarship to a humor skills conference for nurses in St. Louis. Suddenly, the doors seemed to be closing. I questioned God about this. He said. "Does the clay ask the potter what he is doing?"
I said. "Yes!"

The Lord said. "I did forsake you. But, because of your
faithfulness, I compare you to Noah and will never forsake you again." I cried when I thought He had forsaken me.

He gave me a new name. I looked it up and it meant
"Blessing." He said, "Go, and know that I am Lord!" I went
with His blessings. I was so excited! I just knew something
special was going to happen at the conference. I felt the
same way I had felt when I took the “WALK THRU THE NEW TESTAMENT”.

A lady who is a clown went with me. We stayed with a friend of hers who is a nurse and a clown. They talked about clowning a lot. I wasn't interested in their conversations.

One of the speakers was a nurse dressed as a nurse clown. She told how she had taught inner city children clowning. She said their grades improved, school attendance improved, and behavior improved.

I had a healing at the conference. I cried and cried. At the conference, I was a volunteer that got up on stage and was asked to laugh. So, I made a big deal of it and was given a clown nose. Two women came up to me afterwards and said they had decided to become clowns because of me. I was impressed. Later, I bought a clown figurine that was an artist clown. I liked it because I am an artist and I paint.

The next morning, I read in the Bible, "Do you know what you are to do?" I said, "I don't have a clue."

On the way to the conference, two ladies that I was with were talking about how one of them had taught clowning to inner city children and got bright colored costumes from
clothes that had been donated.

At the conference, I thought, "I could become a clown. My name could be 'Sally'. That is what my Dad used to call me. When I thought of 'Sally,' I thought of 'Silly Sally'. Earlier in the conference, we learned the word "silly" meant "blessing." 'SS', that's my initials. That's what I sign on my paintings. Then I thought, 'I could be an artist clown. It all fit together!

I was telling a speaker at the conference that I didn't know whether to buy her tapes or not. I didn't have much money and I had prayed about it. The scriptures said, “Yes”. I told her the above story. I was crying when I told her. When I looked around, everyone in the room was listening to me. I was so embarrassed. She said my story was like a little gift to her from God.

I went to the next table. This was where I had bought the artist clown figurine. I was going to tell them I decided to become a clown and I thought I would be an artist clown. I had my name tag on. The lady asked me if I was Sherry Snare. I said I was. She said I won a drawing. I asked what I won. She gave me a box. Inside, I found a music box that had Emmett Kelly balancing two balls on it. I was getting shaky. I asked what it played. It played "Send in the Clowns." I started crying. I knew this was from God. What a confirmation!

At the end of the conference, a speaker said, "Some of you will have reached a higher plain than others at this conference. I looked across the room of about 500 people and saw the speaker I had told my story to. She was looking at me. I gave her a thumbs up because I knew I was one of them! She came over to me and asked how I spelled my name. I told her. She wrote a check for the amount of my check for her tape. She gave it to me and told me to use it towards my new direction.

At the airport, I saw two ladies who had balloons that were at the conference. They were pig balloons. I didn't know how to approach them. I said, "Hi Piggy." I was referring to the balloons. We hadn't called them that at the conference. One of the ladies turned around and said, "How did you know my name was Peggy?" I told her I didn't. We talked. They were both Christian nurses from different parts of the country. Peggy had the same kind of healing that I had. Both had decided to become clowns at the conference. They said it was like a movement from God!!!

CLOWN MINISTRY

When I got home, I said, "God, so you want me to be a clown? Well, I don't know anyone who is a clown. I have never been around clowns. So now what do I do?" A little voice inside my head said to call Rhonda. I thought, "I only call her when I am in trouble. Why should I call her?" Well, after a few days, I did call her. She told me that a friend of hers was dying. After she told me that, I didn't think I should tell her my exciting news. But I finally did. She said she knew a minister's wife that was a clown. She told me to call her.

I called her and told her my name and that I wanted to become a clown. She asked how she could help me. I told her
I had no idea. She invited me over to her house and spent an afternoon with me and showed me how to put on makeup. She taught clowning and led a church clowning group, who did skits for different churches.

The next week, I received a call from a lady who was a clown for 12 years and who taught clowning at J.C.C.O. She asked if I knew anyone that did skits. I told her I just met a lady. We all got together and formed a nondenominational Christian Clown group. We became the “Irregular Blessings”.

The next week we were getting my costume ready.
I face painted as a clown at a library with the minister's wife. Two other people who were clowns came and critiqued me. They told me I had to cover my arms and legs, and cover my face with makeup completely. I told them I couldn't because I have allergies. They said I couldn't be a clown then. I was so upset! I cried right there in front of the children. Can you imagine how children feel when they see a clown cry? That is not supposed to happen.

I said, "God, I don't need this! I don't want this! I don't want to be a clown!”

I started getting calls from clowns I didn't even know. They were just appalled at what the other two people had done to me. They wanted to help me.

Within a week, we had my costume finished. We performed for a church at Antioch Park August 7, 1993.

In September, our group had a meeting to elect officers. One lady had been a clown for 12 years and taught clowning. Another had been a clown for 4 years and taught clowning and led a group of clowns in church clowning. Another family of five, had been clowning for 1 year. I had been clowning for 1 month. They wanted me to be their leader. What did I know?

I took over the minister’s wife’s position. I planned programs, held practices for skits, and led the group at churches, schools, hospitals, and nursing homes. We helped do a fund raiser at Benjamin Ranch to raise money for City Union Mission summer camp.
Later in the year, the minister and his wife found out that they had to move to a different city. God led me there.

In December, I had a vision to teach the handicapped and elderly clowning so they could go out to nursing homes and minister to others. They wouldn't always be on the receiving end, but could give to others. The vision also included people of various ages assisting with making costumes, making props, story and skit writing, and storytelling.

In December, I also found a stuffed camel. Immediately, I thought about the camel and the eye of the needle. With God's help. I wrote a skit on witnessing. I made the props for it too.

One woman kept saying that we were going to go to Kemper Arena. She said we wanted professional clowns. This didn't fit with my vision. God said, "Don't let even your friends sway you from My word."

Many times, there were hurt feelings and disappointments in clowning. I wanted to quit multiple times. But God had other plans for me. He said, "You will know I am Lord. You did not choose me. I chose you." So I would continue.

The minister's wife told me that eventually, the
lady and I would have to part. But, she was my friend! In August, 1994, we had a big misunderstanding. I was so hurt and cried and cried. I didn't feel like a blessing. I wanted to quit clowning again. I didn't want my name to be "Silly Sally." But the Lord has used the same words throughout my clowning. He said, "You will know I am Lord." I kept going.

I began to see doors opened. The Lord told me in a little voice, to go to the green notebook that had Hillcrest Covent’s daily devotionals, that the members had prepared. I started reading them. Complete programs came to my mind. Each had a prayer, a skit, and a theme.
With God's help, I wrote programs titled: Self Image,
Witnessing, Growing as a Christian, Servant hood, and Fear
Not. I've presented Self Image to K.C. Christian School and
to the 7th and 8th graders at Hillcrest Covenant Church. I presented Witnessing to K.C. Christian School. Some of the programs have skits in them that I haven't even developed yet. But I have the ideas.
I had heard on the radio, that if you believe in a miracle, act as if it is going to happen. Pray and act on it. They gave an example, if you needed a job, pray about it, and go out and buy that $200.00 suit you need for it. Then believe you will receive it.~
I started believing that I would put on a clown camp. I had always believed I would teach clowning since becoming a clown. I started gathering information. I wrote my own workbook and started planning it. I had a helper in the clown group. I read that there was a book on training clown ministers. I wrote to the publishers. They wrote back and said it was out of print, sorry. I called Billie Miller Books. They find hard to find books. They told me they would try. They said they have found books even in Canada. But they didn't think they would find this one because it was
from a small publisher with a limited number of books and little interest value.
When I heard this, I said to myself, "I claim it in Jesus name. I will find this book." In three weeks, I came across a list of books by mail I had. I saw this book listed. I called them. They had three of them. I bought all three of them. Praise the Lord!!!
I could visualize what the participants would get out of this seminar. It is powerful! I'm so excited. My husband asked me where I was going to have this clown training camp. I told him that I didn't know. He asked who would attend. I told him I didn't know. But I believed it would happen.
I had always wanted to start a clowning group at
Hillcrest Covenant Church. In October, 1994, I took the spiritual gifts class. I talked with our youth minister and asked if I could start a new ministry in our church. A date was set for the clown camp in January, 1995.
In the middle of December, my helper quit. She said they needed to cut back on their activities. I was crying and so upset. I sure didn’t feel like a good leader.
After a week, I found three new people to help me with the clown camp. They were just as excited about it as I was. We held the clown camp on January 20 and 21, 1995. In April, 1995, we held another clown camp at Overland Park Manor for senior residents.

CHILDREN'S FESTIVAL

Spring of '95, I read in my clowning magazine about a Children's Festival. It suggested banding area churches together in one single project as a powerful demonstration to celebrate God's love of children and family. Ministry programs could be offered throughout the day. Men's groups could man a game or relay. Women's groups could provide food and craft areas. Youth groups could be part of the event and be part of the ministry.

I kept going to our youth minister and asking if he knew of anyone in our church that could do this. He said I could probably do this. I said, “ No!” I prepared the papers anyway. In July, the Lord used "Celebrate the children" in one of the scriptures I was reading. I knew it was time to go to my church and get them involved. I was afraid. I kept telling the Lord that I couldn't do it. He kept giving me all the scriptures why I could do it. It was like Jonah and the whale. I kept running away!

I put my trust in the Lord. He had an answer for every reason why I couldn't do it. I sent letters to area churches. All of them think it is a good idea but they feel they do not have the time to do this. Since almost everyone said no at this time, I feel this is not God’s timing. We will wait upon the Lord and see what happens. The papers are ready.

THE FLUTE AND HOSPICE

January, 2, 2006. It seems that the Holy Spirit is working in my life again. I went into The White Buffalo Trading Co. to see some jewelry. I went twice and the store was closed. On the third attempt, it was open. I had seen a sign that said, “Flute lessons”. I asked Pam, the owner, what a flute looked like and was it hard to play. She showed me different flutes and let me try them. I picked one that had a deep sound. She said that a person does not pick the flute, but a flute finds you.

As we talked, we found that we have a lot in common. I told her that I am a nurse and I work in a nursing home. I paint, do jewelry, etc. as a balance because a lot of people die in the nursing home. I said I was interested in hospice. She said hospice would be a good place for a flute. A seed was planted. I had always wanted to play the auto harp with hospice, but I felt that I did not play well enough to do this.

She told me about a man that had bought a flute several months ago and he was composing flute music now and he had never played an instrument. I told her I would pick the flute up later that day. I was taking Breanna swimming and told her she was adopted. Pam said that her daughter was also adopted.

When I went home, I talked with my son on the phone and told him I was going to buy a native American flute. I got all excited about this and that feeling that I was getting was from the Holy Spirit. I know that feeling, I have had it before.

When I went back to the store, to pick up the flute, Pam said the man she had told me about, came into the store after I left and he brought in some Cd’s that he had composed of flute music. She told him about me. She said that he said that his sister is the head of one of the hospices. He had an extra cd and he gave it to her and she let me take it home to listen to it. His name is Jim Cook.

I took a lesson from Pam’s husband, Terry Minick a week later. Pam and Terry are both Indian and have a ministry where they go all over and play and dance spiritual music. I told Terry about some of the things about me. I told him that I am afraid to play in front of someone.

The lesson went well. I gave him a hug when I left. I am grateful that he is teaching me.

Later, this week, I went back to the store to buy a cd to listen to flute music. Pam told me that Terry was all excited when he came home from my lesson and said he would go with me when I went to play. Pam said he would not have said this if it had not have been on his heart to go. When I got home, I thought about what Pam had said and I was overwhelmed and cried. To think that a person I just met, who goes all over playing with a band would want to go with me.

Later that day, Larie, my D.O.N, called me at work and was crying and telling me about her family. I was trying to lift her up. She is a Christian. I told her about what Terry had said. She said that made her cry. Then she told me that she had been thinking about me a lot lately and she said that she feels that I have a calling for hospice. I asked her why she thought that. She said because of the statements resident families had made when they had a loved one die. I asked what they had said. She said, they always tell her that I have been so caring and take the time to be with them and I am so supportive of them and their loved one. This was overwhelming and I cried again.

I looked on the internet to find the website for Terry and Pam’s ministry. I was reading their information and looking at their pictures. One of the pictures looked like a man I know. I was reading the bios and did not pay any attention to the name. When I looked at the name, it was Grant Rogers. He is the new maintenance supervisor at Brighton Gardens where I work. I called Pam and told her that I know one of the members in their band.

I opened the bible today and the scriptures that came to me today were already underlined and starred previously by me. Philippians 2 : 13 “for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose”.

Pam reminds me of my walk with you Lord, when I started clown ministry and how I went to Mary Jane’s house and she helped me with my clown costume. And then in 3 weeks, I was clowning.

January 18, 2006, I went to work today and found out that Mary Bob had a change in condition while I was off. Sunday, I had promised Mary Bob that Mary and I would be there at the end. And I would be playing my flute for her. This was two days ago. I did not bring my flute with me. I asked Larie if I could go home and get my flute, so that I could pray for Mary Bob. Larie said that I could go home and get my flute and she would take care of things until I got back.

When I got back, she asked me if I had played yet and I told her that I had not. She told me to go ahead and play and she would continue working. I played for Mary Bob and she calmed down and rested peacefully. Mary came later and I played a few minutes more. I have only had two lessons on the flute. But the Lord did not care. He takes you right where you are and uses you!!! Thank you, Lord!!! I am at peace right now!!!
March 1,2006, I have written 7 songs for the native American Flute. They are:”The Butterfly”, “Ode to Brian - The Flute I Like to Toot”, “Toodle- Doodle- Dew”, “The Brooke and the Stream”, “Whispering Winds”, “The White Wolf”, and “Morning Song”.
TEACHING

July 2007, I applied to Kansas City Ks Community College. They advertised for instructors to teach LPNs even if we did not have our B.S.N. I had always wanted to teach.

Well, I did not want to go back to school and work on my B.S.N. The person suggested that I get my Kansas Certificate to teach CNAs. I applied to the state of Kansas and received my certification Aug. 9,2007.

I applied at JCCC and was accepted as an adjunct instructor. I worked full time and asked if I could sit in with another instructor. The college paid me, while I did this.

Jan. 2008, I started teaching CNAs. I had 5 students. I know God has lead me to this at the end of my career. I love it. I want my students to be the best they can be. It is wonderful to be appreciated.

July, 2010, I am still teaching. I love it. My students like me and the staff likes me. I have taught 14 classes. Thank you, Lord for all that you do. I love you. I feel that you send me students that I need in my life and hopefully they need in their life.