Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by scaroca
ok that is what I thought I got Sue's and she made them all to return to her. I made mine 1 for everyone. So I wasn't sure if I was right. Thank you for confirming that. Thanks Sherry
If that is the case Sandy, et al, then keep the individual label - the one you would like and add info that might be missing to it and keep it.
Do you think will work Sandy? I hope so, that we can salvage what I did. Let me know. When you correct the label you pick, take a pic and post it. Thanks.

What's up with my row so far?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Roseysue, I will love whatever you put in my row. I love Zinna's and plant them every Spring. They are eye-catching and you can depend on them to come up and bloom all Summer.
I love trees, and whatever you choose it just fine.
As I have said, I am not hard to please.
Quilt hugs,
Mariah/Martha.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:34 PM

Sherry, I have several blocks for your row almost done. It won't be long before I post them.
I am sure you said you liked the idea of the different sizes of blocks and the appearance of them from looking at Dayle Click's quilt. Let me know if I have that right!
Hope so, as some are different sizes.
Have a great day, everyone!
Mariah/Martha.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 PM

1st - Thanks Sherry for turning the pic right side up.
2nd - Glad you like your row so far Sandy. I've been working at it off and on today and have the other 4 blocks about 1/2 done. I am doing log cabin (my first time ever). Will post as they are more complete.
News - We plan on leaving here around April 9. I would like to mail this next row to Sherry before we leave, if that is okay and Sandy, if you could mail the next section to me at my Texas address. Thereafter everyything should go to Texas and I wil PM everyone with the address. Don't want anything to get lost in the transition. Carol
Old 03-09-2011, 03:43 PM

I love log cabins. I have never tried them either. So good luck with that. I have been working on Sue's row. I found some pretty pinks and greens. A real pretty one with little pink roses on it. I am making some star blocks. I can not get my pictures to load for some reason. I have tried several times. But I think she will like them.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by boohoofish
1st - Thanks Sherry for turning the pic right side up.
2nd - Glad you like your row so far Sandy. I've been working at it off and on today and have the other 4 blocks about 1/2 done. I am doing log cabin (my first time ever). Will post as they are more complete.
News - We plan on leaving here around April 9. I would like to mail this next row to Sherry before we leave, if that is okay and Sandy, if you could mail the next section to me at my Texas address. Thereafter everyything should go to Texas and I wil PM everyone with the address. Don't want anything to get lost in the transition. Carol
You are welcome. You can mail your row anytime. I will start working on the row I have soon. My son's birthday was March 6 and I have been making him a brocaid vest with lining. I had never made a vest before or worked with brocaid or lining. It frayed so bad. I am glad that I am finally finished with it. I finished it last night. I am working on a bag with the Effel tower and some pink poodles on it for my grandaughter's French teacher. Then , I think I can work on my row. Yeah!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mariah
Sherry, I have several blocks for your row almost done. It won't be long before I post them.
I am sure you said you liked the idea of the different sizes of blocks and the appearance of them from looking at Dayle Click's quilt. Let me know if I have that right!
Hope so, as some are different sizes.
Have a great day, everyone!
Mariah/Martha.
Martha, that is fine.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM

Well gals, I made some log cabin blocks but pooped out on all the ironing before they got to 12 1/2 inches so I ended up putting a large border on and trimming everything down kitty-wampus. I even attached my row and I think it looks good.
We are having a small quilt show in the neighborhood tomorrow (will try to get some pics) and then I can do the remaining embellishments of Sandy's quilt. Time's a flying now with only 1 month to go so need to start packing up material (I am taking it all to texas so have pounds and pounds worth to ship) and beads (who knows how many pounds they weigh but I have a lot). Have several Dr. visits scheduled end of month and 1st week in Apr. Not much food in the freezer so won't buy anymore, just make do with what is on hand. Gosh, there is just too much to do (I don't know how these people do it year after year).
I will get a pic of Sandy's quilt in the next few days and post it.
Hope everyone is having fun! Carol
Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 AM

I'm going to be making Martha's tree block today, so maybe I will have it to show everyone tonite.

Maybe even surprise all of you with one more - will see .

Having a sew day at a quilt shop, so hopefully not too many interruptions.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Okay, here is Sandy's 2nd row - gingerbread men to go with her penguins. Still need to embellish the "man" and then in the mail off to Sherry.
Started packing up fabric, etc. today.
Our quilt show yesterday was a success I think. I posted several pictures under "Small Quilt Show" last night.
Sandy I hope you like your row. Carol

entire row attached
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158437[/ATTACH]

center gingerbread man
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158438[/ATTACH]

left squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158439[/ATTACH]

right squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162278[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158432.jpe   attachment-158433.jpe   attachment-158434.jpe   attachment-162273.jpe