Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 AM

Carol- Are the flowers in Sherry's row embroidered, painted or just what? I have looked really close, and can't tell which they are. They are really pretty, whatever they are.
M.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Sorry--the flowers in my row, not Sherry's.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 AM

I will get it right this time. I saw my row and nothing else on the last look. It is Sherry's row!!(I haven't been up for very long.)
Sorry I am not totally coherent.
Martha
Old 06-26-2011, 06:26 AM

Sherry, Would you mind sewing a row of sashing between Roseysue's row and your row? What happened is that I didn't know what I was doing for sure when we started the row robin.
I didn't have a clue what would happen, so didn't realize I should send sashing, just in case. Carol is doing a row of Christmas for my row, and sewing sashing between Sandy's and her row.
At the other end, when you get my row, I have thought a lot about it, and would like to have all very soft colors or any patterns or ideas, between Roseysue's row and your row. This will finish the original idea of "The seasons."
I have pm'd Bookworm, and she said it was fine if everyone involved was willing to do it. Carol said it was fine, so let me know if it will work for you.
Thanks again to everyone for my beautiful row robin!
Martha/Mariah.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 AM

I can sew sashing between the rows. What color of sashing do you want? What seasons will be done on your top? I was thinking about doing different holidays in flowers. I will have to wait and see the top before I can decide what to do with it. I do not know if soft colors will look right or not. I will just have to wait and see what looks good.

Originally Posted by Mariah
Sherry, Would you mind sewing a row of sashing between Roseysue's row and your row? What happened is that I didn't know what I was doing for sure when we started the row robin.
I didn't have a clue what would happen, so didn't realize I should send sashing, just in case. Carol is doing a row of Christmas for my row, and sewing sashing between Sandy's and her row.
At the other end, when you get my row, I have thought a lot about it, and would like to have all very soft colors or any patterns or ideas, between Roseysue's row and your row. This will finish the original idea of "The seasons."
I have pm'd Bookworm, and she said it was fine if everyone involved was willing to do it. Carol said it was fine, so let me know if it will work for you.
Thanks again to everyone for my beautiful row robin!
Martha/Mariah.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Sherry, Of course, we went to Joplin twice last week, and could have found a better variety than here at Wal-Mart. I hadn't thought of sashing then, tho.
I am guessing an off-white tone-on-tone or pale Yellow. I think the coming off of Carol's row could use a soft Blue or Pink, and coming off Sandy's row, maybe the same. I will just have to be happy with whatever I can find here.
About a year ago, I bought "Confetti," from Sew Spider for my Christmas Quilt which is begging me to work on it. It is wonderful for sashing, just blocks between lots of color, ect. Of course I am out now. I might call Donna tomorrow to see if she has in stock, and go with that,as it is just right for what I am wanting. There are also different colors of confetti.
I will send a picture of what I end up with when I get it bought. As for soft colors, it can be about anything.
As for analyzing my row from the pictures, I see several places that the bright colors are beautiful, but they need softened. Therefore, the confetti or a soft something or other.
Later. Martha.
Thanks for being so kind as to sew the sashing on for me.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 AM

When I mentioned getting something with soft colors, I was thinking--the sashing fabric. You just use whatever you have, Sherry. It will be just fine. I don't expect anyone to go buy anything for my row.
Sorry I said it wrong; it was referring to what I wanted to look for in the sashing fabric.
Later. M.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:11 AM

Sherry, it is fine to send Roseysue's row anytime. I am taking a break before I sew the blocks together.
Since there is no hurry, my "break" might last like 3 weeks, then it won't take very long to finish it.
Eventhough I will just put it away for awhile, if you are going to be gone, whatever, just send at your convenience. As far as I know we will be here for the next few weeks. If we suddenly leave town, I will let you know so you either hold onto it, or I have our Son come pick up the mail for a few days to receive it.
Have a good day, everyone!
Mariah
Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 AM

Mariah - I haven't gotten Sherry's quilt yet - that is the last one I get so not sure what you are asking.
Carol

Originally Posted by Mariah
Carol- Are the flowers in Sherry's row embroidered, painted or just what? I have looked really close, and can't tell which they are. They are really pretty, whatever they are.
M.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:43 AM

Carol, It was Sandy's row added to Sherry's. Sorry!!!
Some days it would be better if I would stay in bed!!!
M.
I need to be asking Sandy about the embroidery.