Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 03-14-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Originally Posted by pamesue
I am thinking some redwork of ladies of the past...in some type of patch work...I think I found the ones I want, I will make a block or two as samples to see if I like them or not..
Oh my gosh....that is such a great idea!! That would be PERFECT!! I can see it now...how cute. It would be cool if it had it all you know....applique, regular piece, paper piece and embroidery!

I was playing with ideas for the rows this weekend and here are my ideas at this point...and I should mention that they change alot...LOL :D I can't really know for sure until I get rows but at this point I'm thinking. Let me know what you think:

For FQ Stash Queen's I'm going to try to make a row of paper towels for the middle that will take up the size of 2 blocks, then if I can find a pattern for a spoon and fork, I was going to try to make those the size of 1/2 block each one both sides of paper towels and then the last 2 blocks would be coffee mugs on each end. I have the directions for everything except the fork and spoon so if ya'll see one let me know. I put a picture of the paper towels below.

Next I will get Nancy's stars. I am so hard on myself so of course I'm worried about the points matching but since I really like paper piecing, I think I'll do paper pieced stars. I'll play with colors when I see the row. Nancy....are you wanting mostly Batiks or any brights?? Like do you like solids, florals, prints?? And I know you said any black so I will look for pretty black on black fabrics. Of course, if you have favorite star block patterns, let us know :D

Then I get Pamesue's....hmmm....you know....all I know is your colors. Do you have any favorite blocks? I really like paper piece and I can do raw edge applique like with the blanket stitch. I can do dresden plates, the little hex flowers, or just regular blocks. My LQS just got some really pretty pink/brown fabrics that are just beauiful. I think they are floral so of course I like them cause I'm a big "girly girl" but not everyone likes the whole flowery look. I'll post a picture of them before I buy though just to make sure you like them.

Then I'll be the last person to put a row on TF Quilter's so that will make it alot easier with fabric choices 'cause I'll just need to pull everyone elses fabrics together. So like I said....I'm thinking either dresses or Silhouettes.

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!! I think we are all going to end up with beautiful quilts! :D

OK.....can't get the picture but here is the link that shows the picture of the paper towel roll:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pgGd8vKz5Q...per+Towels.JPG
The paper towel is so clever...I think everyone's quilts are going to be great...for FQ Stash Queen's row, I am thinking of doing aprons in 30's reproduction fabric and maybe a lady/girl in kitchen for center block...not sure yet, just playing with the idea...:)
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 AM

Qbee...I am not picking...any block you want to make will make me happy. Looking forward to see all of the pictures.

hugs to all.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 PM

ohhh my!! :lol: :twisted: :lol: I'm so tempted....but I'm going to say surprise me! I'm so excited to know but I LOVE SURPRISES so yeah....I'll go with the surprise :D
How fun is this?!?!?!!!! :lol: :thumbup:

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Sounds neat too...well, Qbee, I am starting on your row today. Picked out some of the fabric last night...do you want me to tell you what I am doing, or do you want a surprise when I am finished?
:thumbup:
Old 03-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Oh that will be TOO cute! Of course I love anything in the 30s fabrics....LOL :D

The paper towel is so clever...I think everyone's quilts are going to be great...for FQ Stash Queen's row, I am thinking of doing aprons in 30's reproduction fabric and maybe a lady/girl in kitchen for center block...not sure yet, just playing with the idea...:)
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM

I prefer batiks with the black, and that black can be a solid black. And please don't worry about points because I will be the LAST person to judge. All my stars have blunt edges, so don't be so precise that mine will stand out (lol). DON'T worry.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee
ohhh my!! :lol: :twisted: :lol: I'm so tempted....but I'm going to say surprise me! I'm so excited to know but I LOVE SURPRISES so yeah....I'll go with the surprise :D
How fun is this?!?!?!!!! :lol: :thumbup:

Sounds neat too...well, Qbee, I am starting on your row today. Picked out some of the fabric last night...do you want me to tell you what I am doing, or do you want a surprise when I am finished?
Ok..good cuz I got to thinking about it & thought a surprise will be fun...so it's in the making...fun!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM

TF Quilter...here is your row....what do you?? I do not do hand embroidery (yours is wonderful)..so I did a little machine embroidery with old fashions blocks (churn dash, bow tie, ie..). I did redwork ladies with parasols (I used thread the color of the material in the blocks)

I really hope that you like it... :-) Please be honest!

Redwork Ladies and blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172523[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172518.jpe  
Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM

OMG Pamesue -- that looks fantastic. Where did you find the embroidery designs? I couldn't find any ...
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by pamesue
TF Quilter...here is your row....what do you?? I do not do hand embroidery (yours is wonderful)..so I did a little machine embroidery with old fashions blocks (churn dash, bow tie, ie..). I did redwork ladies with parasols (I used thread the color of the material in the blocks)

I really hope that you like it... :-) Please be honest!
I LOVE it! I really like the ladies with parasols and that you mixed them in with old fashioned blocks...you did a good job Pam..I REALLY do love it..I am anxious to see it..thankyou so much..

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Gonna be a tough act to follow ....