Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 06-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Pam -- got your pkg today and OMG!!! Your row is fantastic. It may not be included when I forward on the rest -- maybe Qbee won't notice? Your batiks are beautiful, combination breathtaking, and embroidery perfect (I can't get mine to not pucker, even with two layers of stabilizer). Anyway, I got it and will start on it after I get my sewing room back together. I gutted it, moved everything into the hallway and living room to condense and sort. My daughter came in the front door and said "Mom!! You are a "hoarder"!!!) Can't say anything to that -- but it is taking me some to to put it all back. Hopefully they won't send reality tv cameras for a while.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:15 PM

LOL Nancy....Qbee is dreaming of her quilt....each and every row so I think I'd notice....ROFL :D Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!!! :D
I honestly LOVE this group....seriously.....I think ya'll are all so talented. And since I'm the only "newbie", ya'lls talent makes up for my more simple stuff. GREAT TEAMWORK!

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Pam -- got your pkg today and OMG!!! Your row is fantastic. It may not be included when I forward on the rest -- maybe Qbee won't notice? Your batiks are beautiful, combination breathtaking, and embroidery perfect (I can't get mine to not pucker, even with two layers of stabilizer). Anyway, I got it and will start on it after I get my sewing room back together. I gutted it, moved everything into the hallway and living room to condense and sort. My daughter came in the front door and said "Mom!! You are a "hoarder"!!!) Can't say anything to that -- but it is taking me some to to put it all back. Hopefully they won't send reality tv cameras for a while.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Nancy I am glad you like the row...I am really happy with and I hope that Qbee is.....

the first row I did really sucked big time in my mine....

I am hopeing when I get your rows that some of these same batiks will work in your row....I really like them alot
Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 PM

QBee, you drive me crazy with your "newbie" stuff. I hereby pronounce your graduation from "newbie" status. Your rows are lovely and even if you choose to call them "simple", they bring everything together and sometimes that is the most difficult part of quilting. You may no longer blame anything on being a "newbie", the new word is SNAFU.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:29 PM

ROFL!! I will actually lose my "newbie" status next month. I will celebrate my one year "quilting anniversary" in July so after that, I will be a......hmmm....what will I be....a "novice"???
Ya'll really are all SO talented though. By the way FQ Stash Queen; how are ya'll doing? Where are you now??

[quote=FQ Stash Queen]QBee, you drive me crazy with your "newbie" stuff. I hereby pronounce your graduation from "newbie" status. Your rows are lovely and even if you choose to call them "simple", they bring everything together and sometimes that is the
Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 PM

[quote=Qbee]ROFL!! I will actually lose my "newbie" status next month. I will celebrate my one year "quilting anniversary" in July so after that, I will be a......hmmm....what will I be....a "novice"???
Ya'll really are all SO talented though. By the way FQ Stash Queen; how are ya'll doing? Where are you now??

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
QBee, you drive me crazy with your "newbie" stuff. I hereby pronounce your graduation from "newbie" status. Your rows are lovely and even if you choose to call them "simple", they bring everything together and sometimes that is the
I believe that makes you a......hmmmm.....QUILTER :lol: No excuses. I'll have to tell you all about the mess we had in the last few days with power and having to put our motorhome in 3 different cities and wait for power, etc. It's been rough, and Sunday was my day to finish Pam's center square "masterpiece" before sashing it. Since DH has to work at noon tomorrow, after I finish cleaning everything else up and dusting (Yikes :shock: I can't believe I said that), I can it finished up and in the mail to you. Let you know when it leaves. And Pam, it's really quite pretty. Already have design in my head for TF Quilter's lady's row, but not sure she's gonna like it. Oh well, I guess I'll "go with what ya know".
Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 PM

OK...back on track here. Spent the weekend in Texas and finally got to do my Mom's Memorial Service and bury my father's ashes. He was a true "Texas Boy" so I'm glad he is "back home". Mom's service was more of a celebration of her life and went very well. My DS put a video with pictures and music together and it was beautiful! I have to admit it was a emotionally difficult weekend but I'm so glad that I got to spend some time with my brother and other family. I also know now that I can NOT move back home to Texas!! It was 106 degrees when we were doing Mom's graveside service!! I could just hear my Mom saying "girl...get out of that sun!" LOL :D
Anyway....with hospitalization and all, I am behind but the star row will be mailed to you by weeks end Elaine :)
Cherie, just let me know when you mail Pam's row. Hope you are doing well. Did I tell you I got a job? Yep....FINALLY got a job after months of searching. The timing was a bit off 'cause I had just gotten out of hospital but I can NOT complain....I am THRILLED to be working again :D
Ya'll have a GREAT week! :D :D :D
Old 06-21-2011, 07:36 AM

Good for you. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
OK...back on track here. Spent the weekend in Texas and finally got to do my Mom's Memorial Service and bury my father's ashes. He was a true "Texas Boy" so I'm glad he is "back home". Mom's service was more of a celebration of her life and went very well. My DS put a video with pictures and music together and it was beautiful! I have to admit it was a emotionally difficult weekend but I'm so glad that I got to spend some time with my brother and other family. I also know now that I can NOT move back home to Texas!! It was 106 degrees when we were doing Mom's graveside service!! I could just hear my Mom saying "girl...get out of that sun!" LOL :D
Anyway....with hospitalization and all, I am behind but the star row will be mailed to you by weeks end Elaine :)
Cherie, just let me know when you mail Pam's row. Hope you are doing well. Did I tell you I got a job? Yep....FINALLY got a job after months of searching. The timing was a bit off 'cause I had just gotten out of hospital but I can NOT complain....I am THRILLED to be working again :D
Ya'll have a GREAT week! :D :D :D
Qbee, just let me know when you mail the next row to me. It would be Nancy's row, right? Sounds like you have had quite an emotional time...I am sorry, that's never easy. I am glad you found a job...sounds like you are happy about that & sounds like you are feeling better, that is good. :)
Old 06-22-2011, 01:02 PM

Pam's row is almost complete. Tried something "out of the box" for a center block and it had hand embroidery, so it took me a little longer, but I hope the results are worth it. Getting ready to do the sashing and will have it out by weekend. Then on to Elaine's. Have to really think about this one. Not sure what I had planned is going to really work because it's from a later (50's-60's) era than what everyone else has on it. Hope QBee can come up with something to tie it all together!