Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by pamesue
Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Pam -- got your pkg today and OMG!!! Your row is fantastic. It may not be included when I forward on the rest -- maybe Qbee won't notice? Your batiks are beautiful, combination breathtaking, and embroidery perfect (I can't get mine to not pucker, even with two layers of stabilizer). Anyway, I got it and will start on it after I get my sewing room back together. I gutted it, moved everything into the hallway and living room to condense and sort. My daughter came in the front door and said "Mom!! You are a "hoarder"!!!) Can't say anything to that -- but it is taking me some to to put it all back. Hopefully they won't send reality tv cameras for a while.
Nancy I am glad you like the row...I am really happy with and I hope that Qbee is.....

the first row I did really sucked big time in my mine....

I am hopeing when I get your rows that some of these same batiks will work in your row....I really like them alot

Pam, what row are you talking about that have such beautiful batiks, and which quilt do I need to prepare for? I'm assuming it's QBee's, which I was hoping would be the most fun since I love the theme.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 06-22-2011, 05:06 PM

I would go for it....her theme is "Ladies and girl past and present" so I think she was thinking any era. I can do 20s or current or something.

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Pam's row is almost complete. Tried something "out of the box" for a center block and it had hand embroidery, so it took me a little longer, but I hope the results are worth it. Getting ready to do the sashing and will have it out by weekend. Then on to Elaine's. Have to really think about this one. Not sure what I had planned is going to really work because it's from a later (50's-60's) era than what everyone else has on it. Hope QBee can come up with something to tie it all together!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
I would go for it....her theme is "Ladies and girl past and present" so I think she was thinking any era. I can do 20s or current or something.

Pam's row is almost complete. Tried something "out of the box" for a center block and it had hand embroidery, so it took me a little longer, but I hope the results are worth it. Getting ready to do the sashing and will have it out by weekend. Then on to Elaine's. Have to really think about this one. Not sure what I had planned is going to really work because it's from a later (50's-60's) era than what everyone else has on it. Hope QBee can come up with something to tie it all together!
Gonna take your advice and we'll just have to see.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Pam, when I first read your theme it simply said brown and pink blocks. Now that I have gone out of the box for my center block, I see that your other postings say applique blocks. This one is embroidery. Hope that will be okay.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:24 AM

Oops! Don't remember anything saying "applique" -- I just did pink and brown, trying to follow colors in the first row. Oh well.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:53 AM

I'm SO confused?????? I thought it was pinks and browns in any pattern that we want....isn't that correct??

Pam, when I first read your theme it simply said brown and pink blocks. Now that I have gone out of the box for my center block, I see that your other postings say applique blocks. This one is embroidery. Hope that will be okay.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Pam -- got your pkg today and OMG!!! Your row is fantastic. It may not be included when I forward on the rest -- maybe Qbee won't notice? Your batiks are beautiful, combination breathtaking, and embroidery perfect (I can't get mine to not pucker, even with two layers of stabilizer). Anyway, I got it and will start on it after I get my sewing room back together. I gutted it, moved everything into the hallway and living room to condense and sort. My daughter came in the front door and said "Mom!! You are a "hoarder"!!!) Can't say anything to that -- but it is taking me some to to put it all back. Hopefully they won't send reality tv cameras for a while.
Nancy I am glad you like the row...I am really happy with and I hope that Qbee is.....

the first row I did really sucked big time in my mine....

I am hopeing when I get your rows that some of these same batiks will work in your row....I really like them alot

Pam, what row are you talking about that have such beautiful batiks, and which quilt do I need to prepare for? I'm assuming it's QBee's, which I was hoping would be the most fun since I love the theme.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes it is Qbee's....and I intend to use some of the same batiks in Nancy's row..
Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 AM

I'm SO confused?????? I thought it was pinks and browns in any pattern that we want....isn't that correct??

My quilt is "Pink and Browns"....any block - sampler blocks - that was my request. But I will take whatever you ladies make for me.

Hugs...
Old 06-26-2011, 02:56 PM

OK.....no laughing but what is a "sampler block"? I figured it meant a different block for all five? Is that not right?

My quilt is "Pink and Browns"....any block - sampler blocks - that was my request. But I will take whatever you ladies make for me.

Hugs...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM

"sampler" means any type of block....there are quilt patterns that are called samplers....and really all it is is different blocks......

I really am not looking for anything fancy...just a nice quilt made by friends that I have met on line...

That is what I am looking for, so have fun with it. Look at the web site below...that should help you to know what a sampler is

http://www.blockcentral.com/bom2010-intro.shtml