Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 04-24-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee
I will post pics....no problem :D Once we get all the 2nd row pictures on here, I'll post them on the main picture thread with everyone else's too if ya'll want :D

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Huh!!! You "thinks" wrong. :roll: You can't see it cuz it isn't up against yours. However, when I took out all of the paper piecing, it has enough give to even it out. Just have to cut a new sashing for it. Maybe Gail can post it for me - I haven't figured out how yet. Have to get everything in storage by Sun. a.m. when we leave, so will get machine out Mon. a.m. and finish it all up to send to Gail.

I received Pam's row and already have most of it cut out and ready to start sewing ASAP. Might be the only one I actually get done on time. :P
Thanks Gail. I'd sure like to see a pic of mine in the meantime. Your row sounded so cute when you described it. Pretty please with sugar on top, will you post it for me?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:51 AM

Happy Easter to everyone as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God Bless, Cherie
Old 04-24-2011, 09:38 AM

best note on this line today, thank you LORD for your saving Grace.

God Bless everyone, Jacie
Old 04-25-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Hey Cherie -- those bluebonnets?

The "Ladies" arrived at my house yesterday safe and sound.
thanks for letting me know...I worry when I have no way to trace the box..
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 PM

OK....I'm am trying really hard to get caught up on everything and the weather is NOT cooperating...LOL :D My lights have been going in and out for days now because of all the horrible flooding. I am so thankful that everyone has stayed safe.
Anyway....I wanted to post a picture of the extra label that I got from Elaine "TF Quilter"...it is SO PRETTY!!
And....it has a little bee on it for "Qbee" :D :D :D
Check it out!!

I of course LOVE all the 30s fabrics :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189763[/ATTACH]

Look at the little bee!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189770[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189757.jpe   attachment-189764.jpe  
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 PM

Just a reminder since FQ Stash Queen's rows are going around. I did NOT include an extra block because she didn't want one so I just didn't want anyone to worry about doing that extra block :D
Again, so sorry I have been so far behind. I am slowly getting caught up on my postings, pictures, etc. I should be totally caught up really soon. The Boomerang Swap is the only thing I'm still behind on but I got all my pictures posted on there tonight between storms..LOL.
When my mom passed away in December (right after my dad passed last July) I really thought that I would just keep myself busy but I'm thinking 2 Boomerang Groups, Fabric Swaps, Classes at the LQS, Hosting the Magnet Swap and the Row Robin may have been pushing it a bit...LOL ;) Of course I also didn't take into account the days that I wouldn't be up to doing much. Anyway...I'm back on a roll so hopefully I will post my "thank yous" and pictures more timely now.

I wanted to ask you Pam...what embroidery machine do you have? That is just SO cool!

Originally Posted by pamesue
Ok Ladies,

I am ready to mail....I have my row, my label, extra block and journal. I will mail extra brown fabric for the sashings (uncut), that way you can cut to your measurement to make your row fit to my row. The extra to be mailed back with the finished quilt.

So, I would like for my row to be in the middle (that is why I signed on line 3. If you would be so kind as to sign your name on the line of your row...

If anyone would like for me to send extra cash for the cost of shipping, I will gladly do that...just let me know.

Looking for to receiving TF Quilters row.
I concur, lovely siggy block. Am looking into doing a similar one but with kitchen utensils on it. Are we supposed to send the extra block on or keep it for ourselves? I really don't want an extra block (hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings), but I want my quilt to look like a kitchen quilt, not a hodge podge on the back.

I don't think extra postage is necessary as by the third round we'll probably be at $11.95 anyway. I don't have a problem as long as you don't send cinder blocks and bricks.

Blessings, Cherie
Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 AM

Okey Dokey FQ Stash Queen....your row picture. Bless your heart, I know you have been wanting to see it and I promise I have NOT been ignoring you. We have had so much bad weather that it's been hard to post anything much less pictures.
Also, regarding your PM, I feel SO bad....I could have sworn that I told you about the trouble with the paper towel but I must have told someone else. Anyway...long story short, the paper towel roll needs to have alot of embroidery (the decorative stitch on the towels and the words) and I just can't do it. Also, in order to get the ends rounded, it needs to be appliqued with the "needle turn" stitch which I can not do. Anyway....long story short I went with a raw edge applique instead. I found some beautiful fabric at my LQS that matched your colors beautifully and used them as well as some of the fabric that you sent me. I really hope you like it...please be honest.

I will post pics....no problem :D Once we get all the 2nd row pictures on here, I'll post them on the main picture thread with everyone else's too if ya'll want :D

Huh!!! You "thinks" wrong. :roll: You can't see it cuz it isn't up against yours. However, when I took out all of the paper piecing, it has enough give to even it out. Just have to cut a new sashing for it. Maybe Gail can post it for me - I haven't figured out how yet. Have to get everything in storage by Sun. a.m. when we leave, so will get machine out Mon. a.m. and finish it all up to send to Gail.

I received Pam's row and already have most of it cut out and ready to start sewing ASAP. Might be the only one I actually get done on time. :P
Thanks Gail. I'd sure like to see a pic of mine in the meantime. Your row sounded so cute when you described it. Pretty please with sugar on top, will you post it for me?
The colors are off but I promise it matches :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189772[/ATTACH]

Close up of tea pot; the color is off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189773[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189766.jpe   attachment-189767.jpe  
Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 AM

So....for you guys with your embroidery machines...here is the paper towel block I was going to make for FQ Stash Queen:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pgGd8vKz5Q...per+Towels.JPG
Now....I can tell you that without the little decorative stitch, it just looks like a white blob...ask me how I know LOL :D
Anyway....maybe one of ya'll can make it work. It was a fun idea but didn't work for me. I was going to put it in the middle probably bigger than the other blocks and then have a fork and spoon on each side (like smaller than normal block) and then something on the ends. Anyway...if anyone wants to go with it...have fun. I know FQ Stash Queen really like the idea and I am so sorry I was not able to do it :(
Old 04-27-2011, 06:38 AM

OK....I'm am trying really hard to get caught up on everything and the weather is NOT cooperating...LOL :D My lights have been going in and out for days now because of all the horrible flooding. I am so thankful that everyone has stayed safe.
Anyway....I wanted to post a picture of the extra label that I got from Elaine "TF Quilter"...it is SO PRETTY!!
And....it has a little bee on it for "Qbee" :D :D :D
Check it out!!
Thank you and I am so glad you like it..the weather is so scarey...be safe Qbee, that's the main thing. Elaine
Old 04-27-2011, 06:41 AM

Okey Dokey FQ Stash Queen....your row picture. Bless your heart, I know you have been wanting to see it and I promise I have NOT been ignoring you. We have had so much bad weather that it's been hard to post anything much less pictures.
Also, regarding your PM, I feel SO bad....I could have sworn that I told you about the trouble with the paper towel but I must have told someone else. Anyway...long story short, the paper towel roll needs to have alot of embroidery (the decorative stitch on the towels and the words) and I just can't do it. Also, in order to get the ends rounded, it needs to be appliqued with the "needle turn" stitch which I can not do. Anyway....long story short I went with a raw edge applique instead. I found some beautiful fabric at my LQS that matched your colors beautifully and used them as well as some of the fabric that you sent me. I really hope you like it...please be honest.

I really like what you did with FQ Stash Queen's row...the tea pot looks neat...now it's my turn...:)