Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 09-24-2011, 12:52 PM

OK....I got Pam's quilt top on 8/25 and my goal was to get it done and mailed within a month to get us caught up...I will be close. I should have it in the mail by Monday. I have not gotten Elaine's from Cherie yet but will get it done ASAP when I do get it. I have to warn ya'll that things have been really bad lately.
As you know, I lost my parents 5 months apart last year. My dad passed in July and then my mom passed in December. Well my younger brother lived with my mom because he is developmentally disabled so when she died he was alone. He won't move to KY with me because he says "Texas is his home" so I pay his rent, bills, food, etc. and was calling him every night. Long story short, he attempted suicide and I am trying to get him to KY. I have been switching with my other brother to go back and forth to Texas. With this event and my new job I just don’t have any extra time so please be patient. I will get it done just as quick as I can when I get it but I want it to be pretty :) Thanks ladies!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:22 PM

wow...QBee....I can wait for my top...do not feel rushed or that I am in a hurry to get it...I am not...I totally understand that life gets in the way of things that we want to do...your brothers health and life are much more important than a quilt top..

hugs and prayers are coming your way...take care girl!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:27 AM

Qbee, sorry you are having so many problems...your situation certainly takes priority over any quilt...thinking of you and you are in my prayers.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:02 PM

Qbee -- You certainly do have a full plate in front of you. Will certainly be thinking of you and hoping for the best resolutions. In the meantime, don't forget to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!! We aren't going anywhere, so let go of any stress when it comes to quilting obligations. We all understand, and I wish I was closer and could help you out.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Qbee, sorry you are having so many problems...your situation certainly takes priority over any quilt...thinking of you and you are in my prayers.
Amen. I am having a few problems myself (too numerous and crazy to go into), so should be able to finish Elaine's this week and mail it off to Gail.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Originally Posted by TFquilter
Amen. I am having a few problems myself (too numerous and crazy to go into), so should be able to finish Elaine's this week and mail it off to Gail.
Great Cherie...how's my top coming along? :)
Old 10-16-2011, 12:19 PM

Finally I'm home for the foreseeable future -- trips done, eyes just about healed, ready to hit the machine again. Cherie, there i8s one project ahead of finishing up your quilt. Qbee -- I hope things are going easier for you. You are still in my thoughts. Any finished quilt pix yet????
Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 AM

Welcome back Nancy...glad all is well..

I think you are the only one that has a finished quilt...I would love to see pic's when you have it finished.

I hope all is well with everyone else...

take care ladie.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:37 AM

Well I finally finished the row for Pam's quilt top. I picked Civil War fabrics because they seemed to have the best selection of pinks and brown's.....I hope you like it. I had some problems for some reason squaring up my blocks but hopefully you can't tell. Mine is the one on top. I tried to make it kind of match the the one right below what will be the center row since mine is right on top of the center row....make sense?? Oh well here are a bunch of pics:

This is what it looked like when I got it from FQ Stash Queen. Her row is bottom :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279403[/ATTACH]

A close up of the pretty flowers FQ Stash Queen made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279404[/ATTACH]

Here is the whole top now. My row is the top one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279405[/ATTACH]

Here is a close up of the Dresden Plate I put in the middle; you can see the fabrics better :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279406[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-279350.jpe   attachment-279351.jpe   attachment-279352.jpe   attachment-279353.jpe  
Old 10-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Things are beginning to settle a bit and my brother seems to be doing much better although I worry with the one year anniversary of Mom's death coming up....thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!
FQ Stash Queen...could you let me know what you are doing with Elaine's quilt. I only ask because if no one has done Sun Bonnet Sue's, I thought about doing them in the seasons like she did the ladies. It would be like little girls in the seasons and ladies in the season :) What do you think Elaine??? Plus, I could go ahead and start on the row without having the top :)