Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 11-21-2010, 05:37 AM

I love those fabrics Obsessed-what great colors!
Hugs
April
Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 AM

wow, i've been peeking into the other 'Row Robin' that's in full flow already on this forum, and OMG!!! the tops are looking amazing!!!
row 6 & row 7 are been added... take a look!
beautiful tops ladies!! well done 'sew' far...
i think i prefer them without the sashing's actually...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-44827-41.htm

love jacquie xxxxx
Old 11-21-2010, 08:22 AM

Thanks for sharing, Jacquie. :lol: I am so excited to be a part of this RR. Finally, a quilt for me that I will keep...I'm always giving everthing I make away :cry:
Originally Posted by jacquie
wow, i've been peeking into the other 'Row Robin' that's in full flow already on this forum, and OMG!!! the tops are looking amazing!!!
row 6 & row 7 are been added... take a look!
beautiful tops ladies!! well done 'sew' far...
i think i prefer them without the sashing's actually...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-44827-41.htm

love jacquie xxxxx
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 AM

After looking at all the pics of row robin quilts....I like them without the sashing too.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 AM

they're great... aren't they!?!

i thought originally that the sashing's would be needed to separate the rows out, but looking at them without, i think they 'flow' better... they look lovely!

i'm the same, every quilt always seems to end up in another family members home :(
time for one for me!!! lol... i can't wait to start!!
love jacquie xxxxx
Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the kinds words about my fabrics everyone! Surely I'm not the only person with something to share... come on!

Jacquie, Pattis47 described my theme perfectly. Lots of purple, green and gold - lots of music, beads, masks, etc. Or just fun blocks in my theme colors. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people do with it!

Now that my fabric is washed, it's going to be even harder to finish my Christmas projects before working on my row! Fortunately I made a lot of progress on the Christmas stuff tonight. Soon - very soon I get to start!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Me please! I've sent you a Pm I'm so excited! This will be my first ever row robin!
I so want to take part in this. BUT I am scared! I don't want to mess up someone elses beautiful work. Should I make sure that I am at a certain skill level before entering one of these? If you say yes that's ok. I will just keep practicing.
If you say any skill level then I have a couple of questions...
1.Will I know what is coming next? ie. the next one likes green snow flakes. I don't have any fabric like that so I will have to buy. Will I know in Feb that this is coming to me in April? Will I be able to plan ahead?
2. I start the quilt off. I make my own first row and then send it on for others to add to it? Right
I'm sorry if this is a goofy question. If you say the remedial are not allowed I will understand! LOL! :oops:
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 PM

Momof3Es, please send the PM and join us. Just like you asked questions here, you will be able to ask questions all the way through the process. Sometimes you just have to hang the previous rows that are sent to you and let them talk to you. Sometimes it takes awhile, but eventually you will just know what to do. If not, post a pic and ask for suggestions. There is no skill level requirements. We, as quilters all started somewhere in the past and we know what you are feeling. Only by trial and error do you get better. Please join us.

Originally Posted by Momof3Es
Me please! I've sent you a Pm I'm so excited! This will be my first ever row robin!
I so want to take part in this. BUT I am scared! I don't want to mess up someone elses beautiful work. Should I make sure that I am at a certain skill level before entering one of these? If you say yes that's ok. I will just keep practicing.
1.Will I know what is coming next? ie. the next one likes green snow flakes. I don't have any fabric like that so I will have to buy. Will I know in Feb that this is coming to me in April? Will I be able to plan ahead?
2. I start the quilt off. I make my own first row and then send it on for others to add to it? Right
I'm sorry if this is a goofy question. If you say the remedial are not allowed I will understand! LOL! :oops:
Old 11-21-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Momof3Es, please send the PM and join us. Just like you asked questions here, you will be able to ask questions all the way through the process. Sometimes you just have to hang the previous rows that are sent to you and let them talk to you. Sometimes it takes awhile, but eventually you will just know what to do. If not, post a pic and ask for suggestions. There is no skill level requirements. We, as quilters all started somewhere in the past and we know what you are feeling. Only by trial and error do you get better. Please join us.

Yes come on, jump in, we'd love to have you here with us. It's going to be fun, and we all started as a beginner at some stage, so we're always available to help. I for one am good at putting my two bobs worth in. Send that pm now!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 PM

If you are a newbie then you absolutely MUST join in the fun.....that way I won't be the only newbie!!! LOL :D I am VERY new to quilting. Took my first class in July but have found that everyone on the board is SO helpful that the swaps really are not a problem at all. Maybe you and I could be "newbie buddies" and bounce ideas off one another :D It will be fine so send that PM now! :thumbup: