Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 12-15-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Here are the other pictures. Without a doubt, this is very dear to my heart since my daughter is a part of it. I can't wait to see the finished product!! :thumbup:
Very nice..I love the silk ribbon emboridered flowers as well as your whole row! Awesome!

:thumbup:
Old 12-15-2010, 08:11 AM

Thank you carsey!!! What a great idea! I will try this the next time I do a baby quilt!

Sherry and Karen: Since I can't always wait till I go to the store to get printable fabric sheets, I found another way to print photos, etc. Freezer paper. I cut my fabric and freezer paper in 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches (the size of letter paper). Iron the shiny side to the back side of the fabric and make sure there are no loose threads to get stuck in he printer. Load your fabric/paper into the printer and print your photo. Most of the printable fabric sheets are in white or black and this way, you can put it on any fabric color. Hope this helps!! Carsey

Originally Posted by Karen
Originally Posted by ssnare
Here are the other pictures. Without a doubt, this is very dear to my heart since my daughter is a part of it. I can't wait to see the finished product!! :thumbup:
How do you make a copy of a card, photo, or painting and print it on cloth? My avatar is an oil painting I have painted. I have more paintings and embroidery items I have done.
You can buy printable fabric sheets, I use Miracle Fabric Sheets, at a quilt store. Then print the picture you want on there. Hope that helps.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:14 AM

Sherry and Karen: Since I can't always wait till I go to the store to get printable fabric sheets, I found another way to print photos, etc. Freezer paper. I cut my fabric and freezer paper in 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches (the size of letter paper). Iron the shiny side to the back side of the fabric and make sure there are no loose threads to get stuck in he printer. Load your fabric/paper into the printer and print your photo. Most of the printable fabric sheets are in white or black and this way, you can put it on any fabric color. Hope this helps!! Carsey

Originally Posted by Karen
Originally Posted by ssnare
How do you make a copy of a card, photo, or painting and print it on cloth? My avatar is an oil painting I have painted. I have more paintings and embroidery items I have done.
You can buy printable fabric sheets, I use Miracle Fabric Sheets, at a quilt store. Then print the picture you want on there. Hope that helps.
Hi Girls --- Not sure if this subject has been covered or not .... but using the freezer paper/your computer/your printer method, is the way I "always" make my quilt labels. I was paying $7 each time I made a quilt label at a local printing shop (to have them reproduce my label onto fabric). Now I do the same thing at a tiny fraction of that cost.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:23 AM

Here are the pictures of my row. My daughter gave me a Mother's Day card that says she is my garden because I nurtured her and helped her to grow. When I decided to do a garden row, she asked me if I was going to put in a little girl. At first I didn't know what she was talking about but then she reminded me of the card. Well, I made a copy of the card and added a picture of my daughter when she was 3 months old and then added ribbon embroidery flowers and a bee on the sides of her and then ended up with 2 paper pieced birdhouses on each end. This is the first time I have ever done ribbon embroidery and learned it from a book. Needless to say, it is not perfect but I like it!! I still need to applique the holes on the birdhouses and maybe add another bee, dragonfly and butterfly. I will probably darken the words on the card center with my pigma pen, but I might wait until it gets back. Let me know what you think. I can always do something else.
Caesey --- What a "Fantastic" story and "Beautiful" work. This will be the ultimate treasure of your daughter's life .... and so "original". I am a creative person, always thinking about the next thing I could put together .... never throw anything away, without thinking first, "What could I make out of this"!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 AM

Thanks Elaine!

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Very nice..I love the silk ribbon emboridered flowers as well as your whole row! Awesome!

:thumbup:
Old 12-15-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Katie Ann
Originally Posted by lindyline
I think I finally narrowed down my choices for these blocks. So many animalsnative to here. Here's the final contendors. Not sure if I'll use the frill neck lizard, or do a kookaburra instead. Now all I have to do is blanket stitch them all down. Luckily I've almost finished the frilly.
Hey, Secret Santa,

That is darling! I hope I get in your group.

Katie Ann
I dont get the "secret santa" part...you ladies must have been in another group together 8-) but I'd better PM too cuz I've got all sorts of Ausie animal applique books --love luv love appliquing animals and I have relatives in Melbourne
Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 AM

RNUNU: Thanks!! My daughter (who is 37 now and not a creative bone in her body....I'm sad) is excited to know that other people around the world will be working on her quilt top. It doesn't matter if it is paper pieced, foundation pieced, embroidered, or any other kind of sewing.... it will be treasured!!!! Since I had to print out the patterns to embroider on the letter size fabric, I had to add borders around each block to get them to 12 1/2 inch so there are quite a few pieces sewn together. I plan to put a 3-D flower and stem border around the finished top.

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Here are the pictures of my row. My daughter gave me a Mother's Day card that says she is my garden because I nurtured her and helped her to grow. When I decided to do a garden row, she asked me if I was going to put in a little girl. At first I didn't know what she was talking about but then she reminded me of the card. Well, I made a copy of the card and added a picture of my daughter when she was 3 months old and then added ribbon embroidery flowers and a bee on the sides of her and then ended up with 2 paper pieced birdhouses on each end. This is the first time I have ever done ribbon embroidery and learned it from a book. Needless to say, it is not perfect but I like it!! I still need to applique the holes on the birdhouses and maybe add another bee, dragonfly and butterfly. I will probably darken the words on the card center with my pigma pen, but I might wait until it gets back. Let me know what you think. I can always do something else.
Caesey --- What a "Fantastic" story and "Beautiful" work. This will be the ultimate treasure of your daughter's life .... and so "original". I am a creative person, always thinking about the next thing I could put together .... never throw anything away, without thinking first, "What could I make out of this"!
:( :( :( :( :( :(
Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 AM

ok ok ok ..."your part of world animals...I get it.. so what I should really do is make another copy of my daughters' native birds of prey :)
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 AM

RNUNU: Thanks!! My daughter (who is 37 now and not a creative bone in her body....I'm sad) is excited to know that other people around the world will be working on her quilt top. It doesn't matter if it is paper pieced, foundation pieced, embroidered, or any other kind of sewing.... it will be treasured!!!! Since I had to print out the patterns to embroider on the letter size fabric, I had to add borders around each block to get them to 12 1/2 inch so there are quite a few pieces sewn together. I plan to put a 3-D flower and stem border around the finished top.

Originally Posted by RNUNU
:( :( :( :( :( :(
Your row is just stunning.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:07 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong... so far I have lindyline, Carsey, and LovingIzabella who want to start another early group. Am I missing anyone?