Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM

WOW, you did a great job, just love the colors.....

Hurry and mail it before the snow hits and snows in the airports again.....lol

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Okay I finished my row and attached the same to "Boopers" ROW ROBIN project. It's pretty bright in colors and Betty, I hope you like what I did.

Since it seems to be taking forever for Jacquie to receive the mailing I made on December 13th ..... I'm thinking I probably should jump in and get Boopers project off to Jacquie right away.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 PM

Misty
Your row is not due until Feb 15th,
We early birds just couldnt wait, so we all agreed as a group to change our mailing deadlines and it was ok w/bookworm. So dont let our over-achiever, obsessive, anxious, eager, compulsions to complete this in record time overwhelm you.

I think all you really have to do as a group leader is co-ordinate your group ie: to pick a name for your group, make sure all the addresses are correct and just be there to answer any questions that might come up. If you don't know the answer, just send bookworm a PM and she will help you. Also if any of us are online we would be more than happy to help you.

Just take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy your experience developing the rows as they come to you. One nice thing about seeing the pictures is you can start to develope an idea of what you want to add to each persons quilt top.

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
How does someone get made group leader? I was very surprised to be listed as mine. Having not done a swap like this in the past, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I also am a bit unclear about whether our first row should have already gone out in the mail... or is the first row the row we did that is supposed to go out by February 15th?

I am feeling like I will be letting down my group by being its leader since I am such a newbie at this.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:03 PM

already mailed mine on monday. she should have it tomorrow to add the 3rd row. At this rate, we might finish in March....... :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: NO PRESSURE, hehehe

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Originally Posted by RNUNU
I spent the day and most of the night working on Jacquie's row now that it has arrived safely from her. Here's the row added to her row. Just needs to be sewn on.
Oh, My Gosh ..... What a beautiful job, along with a fantastic row to add onto Jacquie's row. I've got my stash of Batik Fabrics sitting and waiting for Jacquie's Row Robin to arrrive and it's my turn.

RNUNU
I'm anxious now to send it on and get the next one to work on. I'm so glad I got into the first group as I really want to keep things moving!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:06 PM

Jacquie,
My grandmother explained embroidery to me as a child as painting a picture with needle and thread!

Originally Posted by jacquie
Originally Posted by pattis47
All I can say is WOW, absolutely WOW

I spent the day and most of the night working on Jacquie's row now that it has arrived safely from her. Here's the row added to her row. Just needs to be sewn on.
thanks girls! i had a wonderful time doing these, i think i've found my forte in life... applique!! i love it!!!
it's like drawing with fabric :) and i'm good at drawing, i get it from my Dad.
so, get your thinking caps on, your turn next :)
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM

I am in group 6 and here is a picture of my row..theme is pinks and browns.

Group 6 Row Robin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155184[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155179.jpe  
Old 01-06-2011, 04:20 PM

Oh my, how lovely, you should be very proud of your work. I am sure the next person to get your row will really enjoy working on it. You have made it bright and lively. Good job.

Originally Posted by pamesue
I am in group 6 and here is a picture of my row..theme is pinks and browns.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
OK...Here's my row. I have included a note stating that this is meant to be a Blue Christmas themed quilt, not a religous themed one.

It was hard to get the whole thing up close so I included a close up of two of the snowglobes.
I am soo glad you post a picture of your row, I get it next! Hmmm..thinking, thinking, thinking.....
Old 01-06-2011, 05:06 PM

I can't wait to get started with mine. Just 2 more projects to finish and then my table is cleared.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
here are my fabrics.
Thanks for posting your fabric, it will be interesting to see what you do with this. I have some of the same as you have but don't have a clue yet!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:47 PM

You have so much discipline. I could never wait that long.

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I can't wait to get started with mine. Just 2 more projects to finish and then my table is cleared.