Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row  Robin - Signup Closed >

Row Robin - Signup Closed

Row Robin - Signup Closed

Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by materialgrl
Have we decided what our next row robin will be,I know I would like a quilt,not square,Have we decided,any thing,other than I think Judy is in charge
Sandy, since there are 10 of us we talked about trying something different and doing a 5 row center (I'm thinking 5 blocks x 5 rows which would be 30" and then a round robin for the other five people. So what I'm thinking is the originator picks a theme and makes a 5 block row. The next four people each add a row. The sixth through the 10th people would add borders like a regular round robin. I think it would be kind of interesting and different.

We still need to finish up the row robin we have going before we want to get started on that. I'm not sure where we are with all the quilts. I have mine back, Mish has hers, and I am putting rows 11 and 12 on Lil's. I just put row 9 and 10 on Ripped's quilt and will be sending it to Lil for Row 11. Lil has Bernie's which, I believe, she is adding row 7 and 8 and then sending it to me since it bypassed me when Patty sent it to Lil. Lil also has Materialgirl's quilt to which she is adding rows 10 and 11 and sending to me for row 12.

I don't know where the other quilts are (other than Patty's, which I know KathyN has) or how many rows need to be done on any of them. I think most should be about finished.

I'm thinking June would be a good time to start the new one if that's okay with everyone. That gives us time to finish what we're working on and make a five block row (6" blocks) for our theme. I would appreciate it if all who want to participate again would PM me so I know for sure how many want to do it and then we'll go from there.

If anybody has any other ideas on how to do the next one, let me know.
I'm upset! :? I'm not going to be able to join you guys this time around. I have 8 bridesmaids dresses (and maybe a mother of the bride dress) to do before September. I had completely forgotten they had asked me to do it until the bride called about it this weekend :cry: Please keep me in mind if you start up another one.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:55 AM

Judy, I think that sounds interesting. I'm so in!!! I have KathyN's row to do and it's her last one. I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm going on retreat in a week so I'll take it with me.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 AM

Okay count me in I need 5,6 in. blocks by June, my choice on design,right.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Judy, I think that sounds interesting. I'm so in!!! I have KathyN's row to do and it's her last one. I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm going on retreat in a week so I'll take it with me.
A retreat sounds like fun. I will be going on one in July, I hope. My friends from Vancouver that I go to Sisters, Oregon with in even numbered years get together in the odd years in Council, Idaho at one of our friend's cabin and sew for a week and shop and go to the Council quilt show. Hope you're retreat is something fun like that.

Glad you're in on the next one. Looks like we're down to 9 now unless someone else can't do it.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by materialgrl
Okay count me in I need 5,6 in. blocks by June, my choice on design,right.
That's it. I'm thinking if we each pick a theme it might be interesting. I want a Christmas quilt, so that'll be mine.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:36 PM

I'm in. don't know a theme yet. Halloween?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
A retreat sounds like fun. I will be going on one in July, I hope. My friends from Vancouver that I go to Sisters, Oregon with in even numbered years get together in the odd years in Council, Idaho at one of our friend's cabin and sew for a week and shop and go to the Council quilt show. Hope you're retreat is something fun like that.

Glad you're in on the next one. Looks like we're down to 9 now unless someone else can't do it.
Yes, my quilt group here goes to TN in the Spring & Fall for a week. I usually go in the Spring due to the holidays. And there is a quilt shop right next door to the cabin we stay at. Then we go shopping in Pigeon Forge to other quilt shops in the middle of the week. It's lots of fun, I really enjoy it.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:12 PM

That sounds awesome, Mish. My kind of week.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Belles; I just found the yellow/blue rows. They are on UPS to you today. I have been cleaning my sewing room and found a lot of missing things. Imagine--finding things that I didn't even know were missing. l0l

I got the rows from lilin michigan yesterday.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:32 PM

Gramakitten, I got your beautiful quilt today--won't be long now before your baby is back home!