Scrap Swap

Old 03-27-2016, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick's Mom View Post
I have a ton of strips to trade. Sizes range from 1.25 to 2.5 inches wide, various lengths up to 18 inches. I am still sorting for djmat and MarionsQuilts and should make it to the PO Monday. I would love strips at least 3 x 12 inches, or any odd, uncut scraps I could cut a 2 inch square out of. PM me if interested. Thank you.
I would like to trade stripes if you have fall colors to trade, what colors are you looking for?
Old 03-27-2016, 09:32 PM

MonaG, what do you consider "fall colors? I can look thru my 2.5 inch strip tote and let you know how many I find. Is there a minimum length you prefer?
Old 03-27-2016, 09:37 PM

I forgot to answer the second part of your question. I like any color. I'm also looking for Cranston Print Works calicos. You know, the obnoxious ones from the 70's.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:09 AM

Oranges, reds, browns. I'd like between 4" and 15" if possible.
I don't know if I have any strips that you are looking for but I will check.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:09 AM

Patrick's Mom,
I'll look for as many as I can find in my stash of 2-3" x 12" you requested. May cut you about 20 in trade for the 1.5 squares/scraps you are gathering for me.

Notice: I'll mail all by Friday of this week.

I appreciate all of your efforts & the host for hosting this swap!
dj
Old 03-28-2016, 06:13 PM

Just posting an update. I'm sorting through scraps as we speak, and am separating them into strips and small squares. Should have them finished in just a few hours.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:33 PM

Okay. All done. Whew! Where do all these scraps come from??? he he

DJMat - I have approximately 450 little squares set aside for you, big enough to cut 1-1/2" squares from. I tried to avoid duplicates, but my eyes were crossing toward the end, so hopefully no duplicates snuck in. 50 of them are pre-cut into 2-1/2" squares, ready to be used as is, or you can cut them down if you like. Sound okay?

MonaG - I have a gallon baggie stuffed full of strips. I found some that are longer, so the bag contains lots of sizes. It'll be a padded Flat Rate Priority Envelope full. I got the e-mail with your address, and will write you back shortly.

Patrick's Mom - I have a second gallon baggie of strips like the one above. I wrote back to your PM a few minutes ago.

I also came up with some additional scraps and yardage I can swap. I'll post those separately in just a few minutes so hopefully it won't be confusing.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:42 PM

Box #1 of 100% cotton solids. Medium Flat Rate Priority Box. U.S. only, please, as it's difficult for me to get to the post office to mail internationally. Sorry about that!

Would like to trade for scraps big enough to cut 5.5" squares from. Whatcha got?

Here's a photo of the fabrics stacked up. There are some small scraps on the top of the pile, and the rest are larger. All nice quality. No thin stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546353[/ATTACH]

Swapping as a "box lot" only, please. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails box1-cottonsollids.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 03-28-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:58 PM

Box #2 - Crazy Mix! Medium Flat Rate Priority Box. U.S. only, please, as it's difficult for me to get to the post office to mail internationally. Sorry about that!

Would like to trade for cotton scraps big enough to cut 5.5" squares from. Whatcha got?

Here's a photo of all the fabrics in the box, and detailed photos below. Not all of this box is quilting cotton. There are other fabrics as well. Please refer to the comments below the photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546354[/ATTACH]

Canvas - Nice heavyweight canvas, most of which features brightly colored animals. The photo labeled "Canvas Stacked" shows the same canvas, but stacked up so you can get an idea as to the quantity.

Flannel & Minky - Small scraps of flannel and minky. There is some really cute flannel with foxes and pastel jungle animals included.

A - Small Scraps of Dallas Cowboys Fabric. Cotton.
B - Dark Green Moire' Patterned Fabric. Cotton, I think.
C - Green Cotton Fabric With a Subtle Leafy Pattern. Pre-washed.
D - Plaid Fabric
E - Yellow Fabric With White Butterflies. I think this is cotton lawn, but I'm not sure.
F - Snowflakes on Blue Background. May be a cotton/poly blend.
G & O - Quilt Labels. Cotton. Nice quality.
H - More Plaid Fabric
I & J - Beach Scene Panels and Bunny Rabbit Panels. I didn't unfold them, but I think there are two of each. Cotton. Nice quality.
K - Various Cotton Quilting Fabrics
L - Purple Cotton Fabric. This one's on the thin side.
M - Christmas/Winter Scenes. There's a lot of this fabric. Cotton. Nice quality. Pre-washed.
N - Applique' Crows and Sunflowers. Cotton. Nice quality.
P - Striped Fabric. Cotton. Thin.
Q - Pink & White Gingham. I think this one's a cotton/poly blend. Not sure.

Swapping as a "box lot" only, please. Thanks!

Edit: Almost forgot. My fabric is from a non-smoking home. I do have cats, but they're not allowed in my sewing room.
Attached Thumbnails box2-crazymix.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 03-28-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:32 PM

OK ladies on my list ... I did not make it to the post office today. I will try tomorrow!